View Poll Results: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    36 51.43%
  • No

    34 48.57%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 92

Thread: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

  1. #81
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Actually, this thread reminds me.

    I've noticed a trend on my local talk radio station...actually, on some of the music stations too, but mainly the talk radio station.

    These ads which go thusly:

    "Danger/Secret thing you don't know about. Go to <number><topic>.com/<topic><number>.com to find out more!"


    I keep wondering who is paying for all these different ads, and how they are making money off it.
    They do seem to be on the talk stations more, if not exclusively.

    I have never thought those ads legit, but I went to a couple websites several years ago out of curiosity. They're so vague as to be worthless. You don't get anything even approaching what could be called information unless you call the number on the website. I never called, as I was never that curious.

    I have heard that they basically hit you up for money for more information, then what you get is basic generic stuff that you either already know or can download from a government website for free.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

    I listen to talk radio at night.....most of the time it is re-broadcast. Although, I only listen if it is something that interests me. For most any of them. Which that would be 560Am radio. Salem broadcasting. Then WBBM am 780 local news and news.

    With 560 I listen to Michael Medved......as breaks from the Politics on Thursday or Friday and goes with a Conspiracy day. Usually debunking callers over most conspiracies. Checks into the UFO Sightings and is pretty big with those and the Big Foot Stories.

    On Sundays Champion News comes on with Repubs in Illinois. So I might tune into see what they are talking about or doing. If anything. Other than that I will leave it off. Just don't seem to listen to much music in the car anymore.

    That's not to say I wouldn't if driving on some trip tho.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

    Conservative and Republican Radio needs to get Rid of those like Dennis Miller who has a 3 hr show. That is nothing but a sheer waste of time for those on the Right to be putting out messages or calling in and talking with Pols and or pundits. The Right needs to take advantage of Radio. They do have the edge now as is.

    Another major problem for them is guy like Bill Bennett who has a morning Radio Show now......since being driven off CNN. Morning Show, former Congressman, Reagan Drug Czar. Staunch die hard Conservative. This guy is starting most on the Rights day off, that get into politics. He is Washington Insider. But if the Right wants to get excited and pepped up.

    These two guys aint the way to do it. They also create controversy with those they interview with from the Right. Way more than they do with those on the Left. Miller will bore the crap out of a snail stuck in glue. Why is even on? If he was funny it is with only a few moments. As the rest is just him taking longer to speak than Sam Shepard reciting two whole full sentences quickly.

    All those on the Right should running these guys off the Air. They do more damage and hardly any good.

  4. #84
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I already know my public speaking skills are less than stellar (and I've had a LOT of opportunities to find out). Fortunately I didn't have to learn the way this guy did.

    Ouch. Was this his first day? I almost feel sorry for the guy. His co-anchor at the end was most gracious and professional.

    If you ever desire to improve your public speaking skills, you should check out a local Toastmasters club. They have helped me deal with my fear of public speaking. I have no desire to do public speaking for a living, but sometimes in life situations come up and I want to be able to deal with it without crippling fear.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #85
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Conservative and Republican Radio needs to get Rid of those like Dennis Miller who has a 3 hr show. That is nothing but a sheer waste of time for those on the Right to be putting out messages or calling in and talking with Pols and or pundits. The Right needs to take advantage of Radio. They do have the edge now as is.

    Another major problem for them is guy like Bill Bennett who has a morning Radio Show now......since being driven off CNN. Morning Show, former Congressman, Reagan Drug Czar. Staunch die hard Conservative. This guy is starting most on the Rights day off, that get into politics. He is Washington Insider. But if the Right wants to get excited and pepped up.

    These two guys aint the way to do it. They also create controversy with those they interview with from the Right. Way more than they do with those on the Left. Miller will bore the crap out of a snail stuck in glue. Why is even on? If he was funny it is with only a few moments. As the rest is just him taking longer to speak than Sam Shepard reciting two whole full sentences quickly.

    All those on the Right should running these guys off the Air. They do more damage and hardly any good.
    But they're making money, and that's what it's all about.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #86
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,033

    Re: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Ouch. Was this his first day? I almost feel sorry for the guy. His co-anchor at the end was most gracious and professional.

    If you ever desire to improve your public speaking skills, you should check out a local Toastmasters club. They have helped me deal with my fear of public speaking. I have no desire to do public speaking for a living, but sometimes in life situations come up and I want to be able to deal with it without crippling fear.
    I'll check that out. My problem is a bit less on confidence and delivery and more to do with the fact that when I'm asked to give a talk I have a very imprecise idea of what I'm supposed to be communicating. I've hated listening to speeches my whole life, which is probably understandable and forgivable, except the consequence of this is that it's left me with a terrible idea of what I'm supposed to do in that position myself. I hate to say it, but I've swung and missed so many times now I've sort of given up altogether.

    Oh, and I don't know if that was his first day, but I think it's safe to assume it was his last.
    Last edited by Cardinal; 04-20-14 at 02:20 PM.

  7. #87
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I'll check that out. My problem is a bit less on confidence and delivery and more to do with the fact that when I'm asked to give a talk I have a very imprecise idea of what I'm supposed to be communicating. I've hated listening to speeches my whole life, which is probably understandable and forgivable, except the consequence of this is that it's left me with a terrible idea of what I'm supposed to do in that position myself. I hate to say it, but I've swung and missed so many times now I've sort of given up altogether.

    Oh, and I don't know if that was his first day, but I think it's safe to assume it was his last.
    No doubt his last.

    Anyway, the Toastmasters program is pretty good. They have manuals with specific projects that help. You speak on whatever topic you choose, but you try to fit your speeches into the purpose of the project. For example, one project will be about getting to the point so you don't bore your audience, another will be about organizing your thoughts so they make sense, another about using body language effectively, another about vocal variety, and so on.

    If you really get into it, they have advanced manuals devoted to specific topics, i.e. humor, technical presentations, business, speaking to inform, etc.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    But they're making money, and that's what it's all about.
    Yeah you are Right about that Radcen.....they are making money. Even with the likes of Bennett not being around most of the time for his own Radio Show.

    Seems no one is looking for Dennis Miller to do any acting.....nor anytime soon in doing some actual comedy

  9. #89
    Sidewalk Inspector
    Utility Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,099

    Re: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

    Talk radio ?



    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    There were, by most estimates, 500 Nazis in Charlottesville. One of them went homicidal. Not all Nazis are violent extremists. You are trying to rationalize your hatred and it's simply not rational.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    as I noted, its better that 10 nutjobs get guns than one good person be wrongly disarmed.

  10. #90
    Professor
    TheLastIndependent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-29-15 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    That's either Yes or No
    I listen to Rush Radio when I'm tired of listening to music (which is very rare). I only do it for entertainment value
    "The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." : Stephen King

    "Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto." Thomas Jefferson

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •