View Poll Results: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    36 51.43%
  • No

    34 48.57%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 92

Thread: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

  1. #51
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I'm actually surprised by that. Having someone call in with a dissenting opinion in order for the host to "thrash" that person tends to be the bread and butter of those programs. That must have been a particularly insecure talk show host.
    You would think so, but on the rare occasions that I listened to an extreme partisan show I almost never hear dissenting opinion or even legitimate adult discussion. It's almost always an "I love you and agree with you you are so right" love fest.

    Right side does seem to be worst at this, but left side isn't immune.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #52
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    You would think so, but on the rare occasions that I listened to an extreme partisan show I almost never hear dissenting opinion or even legitimate adult discussion. It's almost always an "I love you and agree with you you are so right" love fest.

    Right side does seem to be worst at this, but left side isn't immune.
    Possibly. One of those programs had the host paraphrasing (badly) the logic of atheists, and not one atheist called in to set him straight despite the show being aired in Southern California. Makes you think.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

    From the age of 11, when I started becoming interested in politics, until now, many decades later... I have listened to probably 30 episodes of talk radio, total. I think it is poisonous. It manipulates the ignorant and/or lazy thinkers. They are prone to manipulation, and if they are going to be manipulated, then it should be responsible people doing it.
    You can never be safe from a government that can keep you completely safe from each other and the world. You must choose.

  4. #54
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Michael Savage and Al Franken should both be locked in a room with knives and have a "last man standing" contest. It's the only positive contribution either could make to society.
    Make it a phone booth, and tell them the fight lasts until only one of them lives. When the fight's over... fill it with cement.

  5. #55
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Possibly. One of those programs had the host paraphrasing (badly) the logic of atheists, and not one atheist called in to set him straight despite the show being aired in Southern California. Makes you think.
    I would think one of two possibilities...

    1) No athiests were listening, or

    2) They tried but the screener didn't let them through.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #56
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I would think one of two possibilities...

    1) No athiests were listening, or

    2) They tried but the screener didn't let them through.
    I'm going to pick door #2. I couldn't be the only atheist in all of Southern California that was forced to sit in traffic with only that one talk show getting reception.

  7. #57
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,753

    Re: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    "Revenue" is right. I was driving last week and once again was in a giant dead zone for NPR, so WRightWingRage it was. As if it wasn't bad enough that I decided to tune to that station, 3/4 of the entire two hour trip was commercials.

    One of the funniest commentators (don't know who, they all sound the same to me) was actually supporting some local Muslim's complaint that a church was being held as the venue for his son's school's Easter egg hunt. So far so good. The talk show host went on to say, "It's perfectly reasonable, after all. If my son's school decided to hold an event for Allah, or...or...Hitler...I'd have a problem with that too."

    Que Commercial

    Talk show host comes back on air: "You people, you people need to relax, I wasn't equating Islam with Hitler, I have friends who are Muslim...there are too many sensitive people out there!" though that was stretched out for a couple minutes at least.

    Good stuff.
    He was equating religion and Nazis, however.

    Heh.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #58
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I'm going to pick door #2. I couldn't be the only atheist in all of Southern California that was forced to sit in traffic with only that one talk show getting reception.
    If I were putting money down, I'd pick #2 as well.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #59
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    He was equating religion and Nazis, however.

    Heh.
    He just couldn't control himself.

  10. #60
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Do You Listen To Political Talk Radio?

    Yes I listen to talk radio a good bit.

    mostly all right talk radio and then i listen to some left talk radio on SIRRIUS.

    I love it, its great entertainment and comedy and thats all one should ever consider it.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •