View Poll Results: Homeschooling

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I homeschool

    6 8.22%
  • No, I don't homeschool

    24 32.88%
  • Yes, it's a viable option

    49 67.12%
  • No, it's a dumb idea

    15 20.55%
  • I don't care

    7 9.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 249

Thread: Homeschooling[W:199]

  1. #111
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Homeschooling

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Not if diversity and multiple perspectives are included in those scripts.
    What "multiple perspectives" do you think they get in school versus homeschooling?

  2. #112
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Homeschooling

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    What "multiple perspectives" do you think they get in school versus homeschooling?
    Cultural, status, ethnic, political, psychological, and various other perspectives issued from greater class number and diverse students per class.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  3. #113
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Homeschooling

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Cultural, status, ethnic, political, psychological, and various other perspectives issued from greater class number and diverse students per class.
    Political is unacceptable in public schools.

    I have 3 kids and they aren't interested in status.

    Class number isn't relevant to their educations. Nor is ethnicity.

  4. #114
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Homeschooling

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Political is unacceptable in public schools.

    I have 3 kids and they aren't interested in status.

    Class number isn't relevant to their educations. Nor is ethnicity.
    The multiple perspectives can be shared between peers as well as between educators and students. This is not something pertaining to what your kids are interested or not. And most educational time occurs outside of class in team based learning.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  5. #115
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Homeschooling

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    The multiple perspectives can be shared between peers as well as between educators and students. This is not something pertaining to what your kids are interested or not. And most educational time occurs outside of class in team based learning.
    Homeschooled children also have that out of class learning. And in my kids' schools, status is irrelevant. And the teachers are not to teach anything that isn't in the cirriculum. For instance, in school today, none of them are learning about Jesus, although it is Good Friday. And I am fine with that.

  6. #116
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,435

    Re: Homeschooling

    I would not homeschool my child but I have no problem with it if you can provide a solid education for your child. If you don't know the answers to the questions you are asking, you should not be teaching it.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  7. #117
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,050

    Re: Homeschooling

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    Do you homeschool your children and do you think you think it's a viable option for other families?
    No, we did not homeschool. After realizing how bad the public school system is we sent our 3rd child to private school. Best decision ever. It would depend on skills but for us working and earning money for private school was better than homeschooling.
    When all is said and done, so little is learned in school and so much time is wasted on administrative and non-educational stuff.

  8. #118
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Homeschooling

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Homeschooled children also have that out of class learning. And in my kids' schools, status is irrelevant. And the teachers are not to teach anything that isn't in the cirriculum. For instance, in school today, none of them are learning about Jesus, although it is Good Friday. And I am fine with that.
    Again this is not about you nor about your kids. Nor is it about individual status to begin with.

    The issue is that multiple perspectives need to be shared in school. Some perspectives may come from various status positions that should be known and shared also.

    Homeschooling has limited access to the access to multiple perspectives compared to schools. This is due to the greater number of diverse students that come in such schools.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  9. #119
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Homeschooling

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Again this is not about you nor about your kids. Nor is it about individual status to begin with.

    The issue is that multiple perspectives need to be shared in school. Some perspectives may come from various status positions that should be known and shared also.

    Homeschooling has limited access to the access to multiple perspectives compared to schools. This is due to the greater number of diverse students that come in such schools.
    Of course it's about my kids. I have kids in public schools. I'm on topic in this thread.

    When my kids are in school, they aren't supposed to be polling their schoolmates on issues.

    When you say "diverse" what specifically are you referring to, and how do the homeschooled kids miss that diversity?

  10. #120
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,050

    Re: Homeschooling

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Cultural, status, ethnic, political, psychological, and various other perspectives issued from greater class number and diverse students per class.
    Rules of grammar, math, science, foreign language study, logic. What in the world does diversity have to do with these subjects?

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •