View Poll Results: Did the 47% video save President Obama from losing?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    16 26.23%
  • No

    37 60.66%
  • Other

    8 13.11%
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 370

Thread: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

  1. #291
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    That might be the case, but it is for obama as well. He deserves to all his accomplishments.
    He didn't deserve getting into Columbia or Harvard Law. He also was given the senate seat when the GOP guy who was beating him badly in the polls was torpedoed by a DEM judge who allowed DEM journalists access to sealed divorce case proceedings



  2. #292
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,632

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Mitt and Ann married on March 21, 1969--four months after he returned from his mission. Future President Gerald Ford was a guest at their wedding. Ann was attending college at Brigham Young University and Mitt transferred there, eventually graduating first in his class in 1971 with a degree in English and a 3.97 GPA. Their first son, Taggart, was born on their first anniversary. Obama didn't even make honors at columbia. Mitt was the top student in his class.
    You've had an interesting change of heart when it comes to Institutions of higher education. I remember when a graduate of Brown was listed as an authority and his work cited you rolled your eyes and made some comment about this guy not being able to get into a 'good school'...

    BYU accepts about 55.9% of applicants, Columbia about 6.9%. BYU gets in the top 70 schools- Columbia in the top 5. Willard majored in English, Barak in Poly-sci.

    Columbia has had 3 presidents, 9 supreme court justices, and administers the Pulitzer Prize, is the 5th oldest school in the nation. BYU- the inventor of the TV and the first man made diamond.

    Barak Obama was not eligible for any honors as he only attended the school for 2 years, I imagine the same goes for Willard when it comes to the lack of 'latin' honors available at BYU but not awarded to the guy it is claimed (I say that because only the one article claims he was #1 in ALL the articles I found online) was Top of his class. most articles say he graduated 'with honors' but no mention what 'honors' that is.

    So Willard was an English major in the 62nd ranked school where over half of applicants get in, where 98% are LDS and Barak a polysci in the 4th most select.

    If you could confirm the 'top of his class' thing that would be great...

  3. #293
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    That might be the case, but it is for obama as well. He deserves all his accomplishments.
    I find it interesting that you spent so much time flailing at my comments about Romney and then when another liberal confirms what I said, you back down



  4. #294
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,157

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    That might be the case, but it is for obama as well. He deserves all his accomplishments.
    maybe, but we don't know as his academic records have not been disclosed (that i am aware of)
    he may have gained admission due to his obvious intellect and potential rather than his hard work. that does happen; certainly did for my son
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #295
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,076

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    because every white or Asian guy admitted had much higher grades. HLS at the time Obama applied was giving blacks a .5 added to their GPA their board scores were given a major boost too. back when I was applying to law schools, the LSAT was on the 800 point scale. a black applying to harvard was given 130 points.

    meaning a black with a 3.2 GPA and a 650 LSAT was seen the same as a white or asian with a 3.7 and a 780
    Again do you know obama's scores from columbia or are you just making **** up? He never released his transcripts so how would you know?
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  6. #296
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,076

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    maybe, but we don't know as his academic records have not been disclosed (that i am aware of)
    he may have gained admission due to his obvious intellect and potential rather than his hard work. that does happen; certainly did for my son
    That's what i'm saying. If TD can assume that obama got in because of his race with no evidence than the same can be done for romney.
    Last edited by 99percenter; 04-22-14 at 12:43 PM.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  7. #297
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,076

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I find it interesting that you spent so much time flailing at my comments about Romney and then when another liberal confirms what I said, you back down
    I have nothing against romney and his accomplishments. Just partisan hacks like you that refuse to see the truth.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  8. #298
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    You've had an interesting change of heart when it comes to Institutions of higher education. I remember when a graduate of Brown was listed as an authority and his work cited you rolled your eyes and made some comment about this guy not being able to get into a 'good school'...

    BYU accepts about 55.9% of applicants, Columbia about 6.9%. BYU gets in the top 70 schools- Columbia in the top 5. Willard majored in English, Barak in Poly-sci.

    Columbia has had 3 presidents, 9 supreme court justices, and administers the Pulitzer Prize, is the 5th oldest school in the nation. BYU- the inventor of the TV and the first man made diamond.

    Barak Obama was not eligible for any honors as he only attended the school for 2 years, I imagine the same goes for Willard when it comes to the lack of 'latin' honors available at BYU but not awarded to the guy it is claimed (I say that because only the one article claims he was #1 in ALL the articles I found online) was Top of his class. most articles say he graduated 'with honors' but no mention what 'honors' that is.

    So Willard was an English major in the 62nd ranked school where over half of applicants get in, where 98% are LDS and Barak a polysci in the 4th most select.

    If you could confirm the 'top of his class' thing that would be great...
    more crap-why don't you prove your moronic claims

    one of my best friends transferred from St Lawrence to Yale as a Junior. She thus had 18 (3 credit hour classes) credits at Yale rather than the minimum 36 the rest of us had. She was awarded Cum Laude based on the following

    When I attended yale, you had to earn at least 16 A grades to get CL, 24 A grades to get Magna, and 28 to get summa. To get DISTINCTION in your major you had to present either

    2/3 A grades in your major and an A on your comprehensive exams or term paper or 3/4 A grades in the major with a B.

    Phi Beta Kappa was based on class ranking

    well my friend graduated Cum Laude with distinction because she had at least 8 A grades and she got 3/4 As in her major with a B on the exam. My brother holds a degree from Columbia and noted its undergraduate school did the same thing

    So your idiocy is just that. You want to whine about Romney being first in his class because its a less competitive school than Columbia but how did Obama get in ahead of 100s of white men from Columbia who also applied to harvard law who had higher grades. I know at least 100 people from Yale who applied to Harvard and every one of us was at least a 3.6 GPA

    (right on the border of Cum Laude and Magna). and lots of people from my class (which is more competitive than columbia) got turned down despite having 3.7-3.8 GPAss with top one percent board scores.


    BTW where did you earn your degree



  9. #299
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    That's what i'm saying. If TD can assume that obama got in because of his race with no evidence than the same can be done for romney. Of course TD is a partisan hack so there is no convincing him.
    you are calling someone a partisan hack when you spout nonsense that has no basis in fact? are you saying that the man who graduates first in his class is not going to get into Harvard but for his money.

    you only dig your hole deeper



  10. #300
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    I have nothing against romney and his accomplishments. Just partisan hacks like you that refuse to see the truth.
    of stop the lies. You hate people like Romney



Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •