View Poll Results: Did the 47% video save President Obama from losing?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    16 26.23%
  • No

    37 60.66%
  • Other

    8 13.11%
Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 370

Thread: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

  1. #281
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,073

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    wrong, that is a really stupid argument. that is as stupid as saying my freshman roommate didn' deserve getting into Yale because he failed to graduate due to a cocaine habit he developed the summer between HS and college. He was first in his class at the best prep school in the USA and had perfect board scores and won a national math championship beating college PhD candidates.

    people are judged on what they bring to the table at the time the decision was made
    How do you know obama being admitted had anything to do with race? Do you have any evidence or are you just making **** up?
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  2. #282
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,073

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that's stupid and demonstrates your close to irrational hatred of the wealthy. are you saying Romney was not a top student?
    Yep. That is exactly what im saying.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  3. #283
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    Yep. That is exactly what im saying.
    well then you are lying because Romney graduated at the top of his major field at BYU with a 3.97 or higher GPA.

    its stupid to lie about stuff that is easily checked



  4. #284
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    10 Things You Didn't Know About Mitt Romney - US News

    Mitt and Ann married on March 21, 1969--four months after he returned from his mission. Future President Gerald Ford was a guest at their wedding. Ann was attending college at Brigham Young University and Mitt transferred there, eventually graduating first in his class in 1971 with a degree in English and a 3.97 GPA. Their first son, Taggart, was born on their first anniversary.

    Obama didn't even make honors at columbia. Mitt was the top student in his class.



  5. #285
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,073

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    10 Things You Didn't Know About Mitt Romney - US News

    Mitt and Ann married on March 21, 1969--four months after he returned from his mission. Future President Gerald Ford was a guest at their wedding. Ann was attending college at Brigham Young University and Mitt transferred there, eventually graduating first in his class in 1971 with a degree in English and a 3.97 GPA. Their first son, Taggart, was born on their first anniversary.

    Obama didn't even make honors at columbia. Mitt was the top student in his class.
    LOL. president ford was a guest at there wedding. Do you need more evidence he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth? And what were his scores in his first school. You say he transferred there. English is also an easy major.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  6. #286
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    LOL. president ford was a guest at there wedding. Do you need more evidence he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth? And what were his scores in his first school. You say he transferred there. English is also an easy major.
    He had a 4.0 at stanford. and as a mormon he was pretty much guaranteed a seat at BYY.

    You are just digging your hole deeper due to your irrational hatred of successful people. I get it that you are upset he was from a wealthy family. I wonder if you have so much hatred for FIENSTEIN, ROCKEFELLER, KENNEDY, BOXER and KERRY too

    so tell me, why wouldn't a guy who graduated with a 3.97 not get into Harvard law

    and why would a guy who was under a 3.2 get in unless he was black?



  7. #287
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    Wrong romney didnt deserve to be there. Romney only got in becauase of his daddy's money. As for the asian and white thing i would agree but romney is in the same boat. Instead of race he has his money to gain admission despite of low scores.
    if you wanted to say the shrub got in only due to a legacy admission, i am with you
    but romney was a bright guy who deserved his ivy seat because of his own efforts
    what he was not/is not, is worldly. quite a bit like bush the first
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #288
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    if you wanted to say the shrub got in only due to a legacy admission, i am with you
    but romney was a bright guy who deserved his ivy seat because of his own efforts
    what he was not/is not, is worldly. quite a bit like bush the first
    that's about 85% correct. Yale, circa W's years was still giving most of its seats to prep school graduates and places like Andover normally saw most of its class get into the Ivies or similar (Williams, Amherst, Haverford, Swarthmore) colleges. Bush (W) was not treated any differently than hundreds of other guys with middle of the road grades at big name prep schools.



  9. #289
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    How do you know obama being admitted had anything to do with race? Do you have any evidence or are you just making **** up?
    because every white or Asian guy admitted had much higher grades. HLS at the time Obama applied was giving blacks a .5 added to their GPA their board scores were given a major boost too. back when I was applying to law schools, the LSAT was on the 800 point scale. a black applying to harvard was given 130 points.

    meaning a black with a 3.2 GPA and a 650 LSAT was seen the same as a white or asian with a 3.7 and a 780



  10. #290
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,073

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    if you wanted to say the shrub got in only due to a legacy admission, i am with you
    but romney was a bright guy who deserved his ivy seat because of his own efforts
    what he was not/is not, is worldly. quite a bit like bush the first
    That might be the case, but it is for obama as well. He deserves all his accomplishments.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •