View Poll Results: Did the 47% video save President Obama from losing?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    16 26.23%
  • No

    37 60.66%
  • Other

    8 13.11%
Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 370

Thread: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

  1. #191
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Are you seriously claiming that Obama has never said anything disparaging about republicans and the religious right? Stop playing ignorant.
    No. I'm saying all disparaging remarks are not equal. Some include a larger group (Romney's), are harsher (Romney's), and are more costly (Romney's). I say there is a difference, and not the over generalization you're claiming.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #192
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No. I'm saying all disparaging remarks are not equal. Some include a larger group (Romney's), are harsher (Romney's), and are more costly (Romney's). I say there is a difference, and not the over generalization you're claiming.
    If you were the target of Obama's derision, you'd feel differently.

  3. #193
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    If you were the target of Obama's derision, you'd feel differently.
    I doubt it as I take none of it seriously. That allows me to differences.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #194
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I doubt it as I take none of it seriously. That allows me to differences.
    Oh please.

  5. #195
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Oh please.
    I meant what I said. I don't see me starting threads about what politicians say. I've noted the differences. Instead of addressing them, you've taken this tactic.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #196
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I meant what I said. I don't see me starting threads about what politicians say. I've noted the differences. Instead of addressing them, you've taken this tactic.
    I'm not a republican or a democrat, and I certainly do not kiss the president's ass like some people. So spare me your claims of objectivity.

    I hit the nail on the head. If Obama's derision was directed at you, you'd think it was more egregious than Romney's. The fact is, there's not really any difference.

  7. #197
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,774

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    does anyone else have problems that paid help ( a caterer employee) who apparently had a hissy fit was the one who leaked this tape?



  8. #198
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,165

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    does anyone else have problems that paid help ( a caterer employee) who apparently had a hissy fit was the one who leaked this tape?
    are you saying the video is inauthentic or are you simply pissed that the hired help dared expose romney for his actual position, undermining his campaign
    i enjoy knowing that it was Jimmy Carter's grandson who made sure the public had access to that 47% video
    Jimmy Carter: Grandson Thanked By Obama For '47 Percent' Tape (VIDEO)
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #199
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,774

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    are you saying the video is inauthentic or are you simply pissed that the hired help dared expose romney for his actual position, undermining his campaign
    i enjoy knowing that it was Jimmy Carter's grandson who made sure the public had access to that 47% video
    Jimmy Carter: Grandson Thanked By Obama For '47 Percent' Tape (VIDEO)

    you throw a party for political supporters of a man you hope to be elected president. You hire a caterer and one of the caterer's employees secretly tapes the meeting and turns it over to an opponent. That is what I am talking about



  10. #200
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: Did The 47% Video of Mitt Romney Kill His Chances of Winning?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    does anyone else have problems that paid help ( a caterer employee) who apparently had a hissy fit was the one who leaked this tape?
    Why should we? Why do you? Was he violating his station in life or something?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •