View Poll Results: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Income Taxes

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    38 33.93%
  • No

    72 64.29%
  • I don't know

    2 1.79%
Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 603

Thread: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

  1. #81
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,128

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    How much is enough? 0.000000001%? 0.1%? 1%? 10%? 20%? 50%? 75%? 90%? 98%?

    I don't think it really matters how low or high taxes are. Americans will always hate taxes because of our history as a nation. Europeans don't act as stupid about taxes as we do. They categorize taxes as something that they buy like buying a donut or something. They just purchase their share of government services via taxation.

    Americans may never see taxes this way. They always consider it a completely loss. This has a lot to do with our history with England and King George.
    That's the problem, too many of those paying their taxes aren't receiving their share of government services. I unlike many who'd like to put me in that box am not some right wing fringe crazy boy. Truth be told I believe in a UHC and Education for all paid for via taxation. Along with various other forms of services provided, following a Nordic model like approach. However, this is a pipe dream, so I will fight against taxation because I don't like how that revenue currently is being spent.

    It isn't about greed it is about need and seeing that those who do, get it.
    "Oh no no no, you got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. -- Sheriff Chris Mannix

  2. #82
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    You need to start hanging out with a better crowd. You have been hanging out with a lot of selfish a**holes. Lots of people give their money to random strangers. Have you ever heard of non-profit organizations or charities or good people that love other humans?

    You really need better friends. Your friends are bastards.
    I give significant amounts to charity and I even volunteer to go do charitable work overseas to help some of the charities I support financially. I though choose which charities and people I want to aid, I don't just randomly hand out my money to people on the street and I most certainly don't give money to people I disapprove of nor those who I despise. I'm still maintaining control of how my charitable contributions are allocated.

  3. #83
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean.McDonnell View Post
    No, if you make enough money to be in the highest tax bracket, you have a larger responsibility to the state. You owe your financial success in part to the nation we live in which allows you to prosper. That and tax dollars building schools, libraries, and roads gives other citizens the ability to prosper, bolstering the economy of the nation as a whole.
    what crap. its an opinion justifying income redistribution. People who prosper help the state, those who don't are a drag on the state. your attitude is like claiming the guy who graduates first in his HS class ought to pay more in tuition than the bottom quarter of retards, class cutters and dunces



  4. #84
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    I think everybody pays too much taxes.
    I disagree. The people who pay no income taxes don't get proper feedback as to the cost of government so they continue to demand more and more government since others have to pay for it



  5. #85
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Are you complaining about taxes being too high? or are you complaining about the welfare system? They are completely seperate things.
    I'll tell you what. I'm prepared to make a bargain. Lots of socialists pine for the days of Eisenhower and the 91% top marginal tax rate. I'm 100% willing to go back to that tax rate so long as leftists engineer it so that the nation of today is transformed into the US that we had in the mid-50s.

  6. #86
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean.McDonnell View Post
    Rob everyone's paycheck? Come on. Taxes are taxes, we all have to pay them, it is the price of living in a great country. A flat tax is ridiculous. Someone who makes 400k a year should not pay the same rate as someone who is hovering around the poverty line.

    why not-in fact you should pay for what you get

    I don't pay more for a cheeseburger than you do even though I am a multi millionaire. Why should I pay 1000 times more for the same government service than you do?



  7. #87
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    If that is true it is because you are spending your money on other things. I can afford an accountant and an attorney and I am far from being in the top bracket. Perhaps because I don't pay a huge mortgage, don't have lots of kids in private school, don't have servants, gardeners, nannies, don't support a stay at home wife, don't make payments on a new car, etc.

    When rich people claim to be harmed because of high taxes (when they aren't lying) it is because they foolishly committed themselves to ongoing luxury expenses.
    How clairvoyant of you.

    My wife works. My kids went to public school. I don't have servants (that one made me laugh). Or any of the other BS you and your type assume a person like me has.

    What I do have is a company, that is a Sub S Corporation, and which it's income is taxed to me directly as an individual.

    What I also have are employees, that their families rely on my not paying for luxuries like you have such as having a tax attorney or accountant or investment adviser. My investment is my company and the employees that I support with the income this company generates. I do my own books. I make sure that I can cover my payroll, and any other costs that my employees need, since I own a consulting firm, and the only asset we have is our people and their knowledge.

    I'm not alone in this position either. Many of my customers are in the same position. Most small businesses are either Sub S, like me, or LLC's that pay their taxes through their owners personal tax returns.

    Something forgotten by the people that want to "TAX THE RICH" when they have no idea how to define "rich."

    My money is in the bank, mostly in the accounts of my employees. What is left in my account, has to be conserved to maintain job security for my employees. When hard times hit and the income slows down, the payroll still has to made, expenses still have to paid, and the benefits packages for my employees still has to be maintained. However, at the end of the year, anything that's in the company account is considered profit and hence income to me on my tax return; even though I can't touch it, to pay for a tax attorney or accountant or investment adviser.

    Maybe you would like to come to my office tomorrow morning and let my employees know I should lay them off so I can take that money and hide it by hiring your tax attorney and accountant.

    Oh, and my truck is a 2004, with over 200k on the odometer.

    You may want to ask more questions before you assume you know what your talking about.
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    they continue to demand more and more government
    Who are you talking about? Rush Limbaugh's imaginary friends?

  9. #89
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    The tax rates don't reflect what rich people actually pay. The rich can afford attorneys and accountants and structure their finances to avoid or delay taxes. Also, many of the rich are wealthy, but don't have a high income. If and when rich people start leaving the country to avoid taxes then I would think it may be time to lower the tax rate.
    yet even with that, the top 5% pay more FIT than the rest of the country combined.



  10. #90
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean.McDonnell View Post
    For the same reason some religions have tithes. The community as a whole dictates that a percentage is more fair than a set number. It is unfair that the poor pay the same amount as the rich when it is more detrimental to them to pay the fee.
    its unfair that I pay far more for the same benefit that a poor person gets

    your concept of fairness is one of many. but mine is more objective

    if you receive the same value as I do, you should pay the same amount for it

    same with cars, pantyhose, cheeseburgers and movie tickets



Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •