View Poll Results: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Income Taxes

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    38 33.93%
  • No

    72 64.29%
  • I don't know

    2 1.79%
Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 603

Thread: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

  1. #571
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    Where does it say, except for direct taxation?
    i believe it was you who claimed he knew law.

    if the founders had given the government power to tax the people directly, ...we would not need the 16th amendment

    No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or enumeration herein before directed to be taken.
    Article I, Section 9, Clause 4

    direct taxes on the people, was not constitutional from the USSC view late 1800's......so progressives pushed for a direct tax via the 16th.

  2. #572
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i believe it was you who claimed he knew law.

    if the founders had given the government power to tax the people directly, ...we would not need the 16th amendment

    No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or enumeration herein before directed to be taken.
    Article I, Section 9, Clause 4

    direct taxes on the people, was not constitutional from the USSC view late 1800's......so progressives pushed for a direct tax via the 16th.
    We didn't need the 16th Amendment, except for ignorance without even appealing to it.

    No capitation, or other direct, tax shall be laid, unless in proportion to the census or enumeration herein before directed to be taken.
    The power to tax, directly, was available after the first census or enumeration.

  3. #573
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    We didn't need the 16th Amendment, except for ignorance without even appealing to it.



    The power to tax, directly, was available after the first census or enumeration.
    wrong......direct taxes were place on the people during the civil war. then removed, found to not be constitutional.

    progressives push for direct taxes , and got the 16th amendment.

    taxes of the founders , were collected from states not the people.

    you fail at history and our Constitution..which states no direct tax........income tax is a direct tax.

  4. #574
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    wrong......direct taxes were place on the people during the civil war. then removed, found to not be constitutional.

    progressives push for direct taxes , and got the 16th amendment.

    taxes of the founders , were collected from states not the people.

    you fail at history and our Constitution..which states no direct tax........income tax is a direct tax.
    There is no appeal to ignorance.

    No capitation, or other direct, tax shall be laid, unless in proportion to the census or enumeration herein before directed to be taken.

  5. #575
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    There is no appeal to ignorance.

    when you have no answer, ..you fall back on gibberish.

  6. #576
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    when you have no answer, ..you fall back on gibberish.
    Nope. I just don't appeal to ignorance as often as those of the opposing view.

    No capitation, or other direct, tax shall be laid, unless in proportion to the census or enumeration herein before directed to be taken.

  7. #577
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    Nope. I just don't appeal to ignorance as often as those of the opposing view.
    gibberish.

  8. #578
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    gibberish.
    Simply posting "gibberish" Only means you Only have fallacy for your Cause, instead of a valid argument; and is usually considered a diversion or non sequitur, with is usually considered a fallacy or error in your line of reasoning.

  9. #579
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    Simply posting "gibberish" Only means you Only have fallacy for your Cause, instead of a valid argument; and is usually considered a diversion or non sequitur, with is usually considered a fallacy or error in your line of reasoning.
    it means your lost for words, and you don't know what to say...because you don't know constitutional law at all.

    you showed you believed the founders created direct taxes on people, ...yet that's false, their is no power on by constitutional law of the founders to direct tax...it has been told to you over and over the federal government has no authority over the people in the original constitution, ...only the 16th gives them now authority concerning taxes, ....and power over pirates, counterfeiters and traitors...that is all.

    the federal government is no legislative authority on private or state property.....article 1 section 8 clause 17.....and the convention notes on Sept 5 1787 concerning this clause.

  10. #580
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    it means your lost for words, and you don't know what to say...because you don't know constitutional law at all.

    you showed you believed the founders created direct taxes on people, ...yet that's false, their is no power on by constitutional law of the founders to direct tax...it has been told to you over and over the federal government has no authority over the people in the original constitution, ...only the 16th gives them now authority concerning taxes, ....and power over pirates, counterfeiters and traitors...that is all.

    the federal government is no legislative authority on private or state property.....article 1 section 8 clause 17.....and the convention notes on Sept 5 1787 concerning this clause.
    Dude, there is no Appeal to Ignorance of our own laws. It really is that simple.

    No capitation, or other direct, tax shall be laid, unless in proportion to the census or enumeration herein before directed to be taken.

Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •