View Poll Results: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Income Taxes

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    38 33.93%
  • No

    72 64.29%
  • I don't know

    2 1.79%
Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 603

Thread: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

  1. #321
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Sure you are. As you should be. The economy is not equal.



    Look up taxing and spending clause.

    the government should treat people equally. you seem to be against that

    its all about envy I suspect

    and your moronic response based on the T&S clause is irrelevant



  2. #322
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the government should treat people equally. you seem to be against that
    When it comes to taxation. Absolutely. As they do with the rich they also do with the poor. We have a series of regressive taxes as well.


    its all about envy I suspect
    Envy it all you want.



    and your moronic response based on the T&S clause is irrelevant
    So "moronic" you couldnt even point out a single flaw the response.


  3. #323
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    When it comes to taxation. Absolutely. As they do with the rich they also do with the poor. We have a series of regressive taxes as well.



    Envy it all you want.




    So "moronic" you couldnt even point out a single flaw the response.
    you don't understand all the extra constitutional powers congress grabbed by playing winners against losers with the tax schemes

    and life is regressive

    Too bad and the main reason for progressive income taxes is so the government can buy the support of people like you without making you pay the fair value of all the government goodies you want

    if votes were proportionate to taxes, progressive tax schemes would be as scarce as rocking horse poop



  4. #324
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you don't understand all the extra constitutional powers congress grabbed by playing winners against losers with the tax schemes
    Even if your theory is considered valid, does not change the powers given to congress.


    and life is regressive
    Yea! So we should make everything regressive then!


    Too bad and the main reason for progressive income taxes is so the government can buy the support of people like you without making you pay the fair value of all the government goodies you want
    Heard this like a million times from you. But if this is true why do GOP POTUS' and Republican controlled congresses still always keep the progressive tax?

    if votes were proportionate to taxes, progressive tax schemes would be as scarce as rocking horse poop
    Thank god they arent. One person one vote remember? Or are you against that as well?


  5. #325
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Yes and no. The purpose of taxes is to fund the federal government. But taxes can be used to fight inequality. Is it the only tool needed to fight inequality? No. Its one of many.



    "Punishing"? Na its not punishing them. Taxes are paid because you live in a civilized society and to used to fund a government.
    We had a civilized society before most forms of taxation.

    In fact we get nothing of value in return and they are nothing more than stolen wealth.

    Yes it is also correct one is punished with greater taxes when one has more to be taxed.

    All pay too many taxes rich or poor.

  6. #326
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    We had a civilized society before most forms of taxation.

    In fact we get nothing of value in return and they are nothing more than stolen wealth.

    Yes it is also correct one is punished with greater taxes when one has more to be taxed.

    All pay too many taxes rich or poor.
    You cannot have a modernized society without taxes. No country can achieve and sustain this modernly.


  7. #327
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    You cannot have a modernized society without taxes. No country can achieve and sustain this modernly.
    Yes you can and yes they can.

    There is not a shred of evidence to suggest otherwise.

    The evidence is that you are wrong is the constant increases in taxes combined with absolute failure in government services.

  8. #328
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    OH THE DRAMA.

    its fun watching you claim the rich should pay more as some sort of formula so that the middle class wages go up

    hint-that is a disconnect and stupid
    Still waiting for you to show me any nation that has a sizable middle class that doesn't have either a minimum wage by law or one effectively enforced by the unions.

    Just one - that's all I ask. And btw...don't even try to mention Singapore - instead of a minimum wage, their government spends billions of dollars subsidizing the paychecks of the workers.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  9. #329
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    Yes you can and yes they can.

    There is not a shred of evidence to suggest otherwise.

    The evidence is that you are wrong is the constant increases in taxes combined with absolute failure in government services.
    No public roads, no programs for the poor, no funding for military, no funding for law enforcement, no funding for health services, no funding for governmental research. I mean hell! What could go wrong!?!?


  10. #330
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,956

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    You cannot have a modernized society without taxes. No country can achieve and sustain this modernly.
    He didnt say cut off all taxes, he said people are paying too much in taxes. Stop putting words in people's mouth that they didnt say.

Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •