View Poll Results: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Income Taxes

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    38 33.93%
  • No

    72 64.29%
  • I don't know

    2 1.79%
Page 32 of 61 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 603

Thread: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

  1. #311
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    This are some of the lowest rates in history. But this also just shows the rising income inequality, and where most of the wealth is going to, the top. So to answer your question. Yes.
    So . . . If 70% isn't enough for the top 10% to pay, how much should they pay?
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #312
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    So . . . If 70% isn't enough for the top 10% to pay, how much should they pay?
    Individual tax rates? Or as a percentage of total taxes they pay?


  3. #313
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Individual tax rates? Or as a percentage of total taxes they pay?
    the top 5% pay more of the federal income tax bill than the rest of the country combined. DO the top 5% use more than half of all the benefits and services funded by said taxes? if the answer is no (duh, that is obvious) then the top 5% pay too much taxes



  4. #314
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the top 5% pay more of the federal income tax bill than the rest of the country combined. DO the top 5% use more than half of all the benefits and services funded by said taxes? if the answer is no (duh, that is obvious) then the top 5% pay too much taxes
    As i realize and I as I stated earlier, this also just shows the rising income inequality, and where most of the wealth is going to, the top. So yes the rich should pay more taxes.


  5. #315
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    As i realize and I as I stated earlier, this also just shows the rising income inequality, and where most of the wealth is going to, the top. So yes the rich should pay more taxes.
    so you think that the purpose of taxes is to prevent "inequality"

    or to punish the winners when they win "too much



  6. #316
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so you think that the purpose of taxes is to prevent "inequality"
    Yes and no. The purpose of taxes is to fund the federal government. But taxes can be used to fight inequality. Is it the only tool needed to fight inequality? No. Its one of many.


    or to punish the winners when they win "too much
    "Punishing"? Na its not punishing them. Taxes are paid because you live in a civilized society and to used to fund a government.


  7. #317
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Yes and no. The purpose of taxes is to fund the federal government. But taxes can be used to fight inequality. Is it the only tool needed to fight inequality? No. Its one of many.



    "Punishing"? Na its not punishing them. Taxes are paid because you live in a civilized society and to used to fund a government.
    that's crap. iF I have to pay 40% of my income to the government when most people pay less than 10% I am being punished because I am being treated unequally

    the reason why the tax code costs us BILLIONS in compliance costs and time is because it has mutated into a tool congress uses for all sorts of extra and un constitutional powers



  8. #318
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,565

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that's a moronic argument. are you saying the rich should pay more taxes to compensate for the market not valuing low skills work enough?
    If "the market" was all that determined a person's pay, then America's pay scale would be just like that found in third-world nations - people getting paid less than three dollars a day for a full day's work.

    Think about it, guy - is there ANYWHERE in the world, where there's a strong middle class getting paid good wages where there is not a significant minimum wage or - in the case of Germany - an effective minimum wage determined by the unions?

    No. Not a single one.

    So in every case that works like YOU think it should, the nation winds up being a third-world nation. Exactly how do you propose that such won't be the case this time?
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  9. #319
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    If "the market" was all that determined a person's pay, then America's pay scale would be just like that found in third-world nations - people getting paid less than three dollars a day for a full day's work.

    Think about it, guy - is there ANYWHERE in the world, where there's a strong middle class getting paid good wages where there is not a significant minimum wage or - in the case of Germany - an effective minimum wage determined by the unions?

    No. Not a single one.

    So in every case that works like YOU think it should, the nation winds up being a third-world nation. Exactly how do you propose that such won't be the case this time?
    OH THE DRAMA.

    its fun watching you claim the rich should pay more as some sort of formula so that the middle class wages go up

    hint-that is a disconnect and stupid



  10. #320
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that's crap. iF I have to pay 40% of my income to the government when most people pay less than 10% I am being punished because I am being treated unequally
    Sure you are. As you should be. The economy is not equal.


    the reason why the tax code costs us BILLIONS in compliance costs and time is because it has mutated into a tool congress uses for all sorts of extra and un constitutional powers
    Look up taxing and spending clause.


Page 32 of 61 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •