View Poll Results: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Income Taxes

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    38 33.93%
  • No

    72 64.29%
  • I don't know

    2 1.79%
Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 603

Thread: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

  1. #301
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    I've asked more than once on here why the people receiving food stamps, rent assistance, and other financial assistance from the government should not be expected to work off some of the benefits that they receive. I was told that it would be unfair and discriminatory to expect them to do that! Huh? President Roosevelt did it during the Great Depression, and the people not only loved him for it, but we are still enjoying the national parks and other work they did. Since Roosevelt was apparently wrong, in their opinion, I've stopped asking. I still think it was a great idea he had, though, since self esteem is so important when you are considered an asset to society, and not a drag on same, but what do I know?

    Greetings, Vesper. .
    I am curious... why did you thank AlabamaPaul?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #302
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I am curious... why did you thank AlabamaPaul?
    I'm confused - when did I thank him?

    Greetings, Bodhisattva.

  3. #303
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    "Incapable of understanding your responses"?

    Dude, you are pretty ****ing funny!

    Did my break down help this time or do you need me to sound out the words for you now?
    And the simple retort was that what other people earned never had any effect (scared me) on my life, but you tried to insinuate you never stated "scared". Man up Dick. Good night, and maybe I'll see you next month...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  4. #304
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    I'm confused - when did I thank him?

    Greetings, Bodhisattva.
    Post #298 on page 30. No biggy... I was just curious since there wasn't much there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #305
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    And the simple retort was that what other people earned never had any effect (scared me) on my life, but you tried to insinuate you never stated "scared". Man up Dick. Good night, and maybe I'll see you next month...
    No Internet Tough Guy ... you said that I said that people were scared of wealth. I didn't say that. I said that merely pointing out that there is an unfair gap is what scares people. You read it wrong. You are wrong. You wrongly are compounding your error too. It is only 2pm here but have a good night and hey, take the next year off while your at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  6. #306
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    God no. Not even close. Hell i think we need more brackets for the rich.


  7. #307
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Post #298 on page 30. No biggy... I was just curious since there wasn't much there.
    I went back and read my post. I didn't thank him for anything - I gave him a like, because I also don't agree that rich people are always the villains they are currently being portrayed to be. Class envy is being encouraged today as part of some agenda to divide people, and that's not the right thing to do. Would you enjoy being reviled because a poor person didn't like the fact that you have more than they did? That is a rhetorical question, but I can't think you would.

  8. #308
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    God no. Not even close. Hell i think we need more brackets for the rich.
    Despite the fact that the top 10% of earners already pay over 70% of federal income taxes now?
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #309
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    I went back and read my post. I didn't thank him for anything - I gave him a like, because I also don't agree that rich people are always the villains they are currently being portrayed to be. Class envy is being encouraged today as part of some agenda to divide people, and that's not the right thing to do. Would you enjoy being reviled because a poor person didn't like the fact that you have more than they did? That is a rhetorical question, but I can't think you would.
    I meant like. Sorry... all good. I agree that rich people are not villains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #310
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Despite the fact that the top 10% of earners already pay over 70% of federal income taxes now?
    This are some of the lowest rates in history. But this also just shows the rising income inequality, and where most of the wealth is going to, the top. So to answer your question. Yes.


Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •