View Poll Results: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Income Taxes

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    38 33.93%
  • No

    72 64.29%
  • I don't know

    2 1.79%
Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 603

Thread: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

  1. #131
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Why aren't welfare programs like AFDC, WIC, food stamps, EIC, CTC more lucrative? Why haven't the poorest 51% of the population made a law that requires the bottom 51% to get an annual check for $100,000 per year?

    I would guess that we are at least 1,000 years away from that. Otherwise, how do you explain the very low payouts of government welfare programs? Why is the pay to these influential voters so small? It doesn't add up. Why are these payouts to the poor so meager?
    opinion noted not shared.



  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    we have less people as net payers now percentage wise. same with SS it seems you won't listen until it happens

    then you will be hoping people like me are around/ People who are well armed and well trained
    How many decades should I wait? I am already 35. Statistically I'll be dead in 37 years. The doom of America has been coming for 237 years. It still hasn't come. Besides. Let's say the end of America is tomorrow. What am I supposed to do about it?

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    opinion noted not shared.
    Do you have an explanation for the low payouts of welfare recipients? Your logic would result in extremely lucrative payouts for welfare beneficiaries. What is your theory?

  4. #134
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    We all spend our money on things that we like. It seems like you like to pay for the luxury of sleeping at night and living with yourself. Not every business owner thinks these things are important.
    Seriously?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    It's your money. You can spend it on whatever you like.
    Not according to the progressive tax supporters.

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    If you want to pay uneccessary employees, then pay uneccessary employees but don't expect me to feel sorry for you. Some companies fire uneccessary labor. You are paying them by your own choice. Nobody is forcing you to pay them.
    Unnecessary? Man. Do you own a company? In a small company, no employee is unnecessary. Maybe in a huge gargantuan company, but not in a small business. Small businesses can't afford to have people sitting on the bench waving their hand saying "Hey coach, put me in." Small businesses are more susceptible to economic turns. When it's good, it's great. When it's slow, it's dead.

    If you understood basic business practice you would understand the following without me having to write it out for you:

    Small businesses live on the fine edge between failure and success. That edge can make then tip one way or the other, in a very short time period - usually weeks, if not days. Also, all business is cyclical and small businesses have to make choices as to survival or failure with each fluctuation in the cycle. Some choose to lay people off hoping that they can be replaced when the cycle turns (this is a recipe for failure), and most choose to weather the downturn and keep their work force as close to intact as possible. The smaller the business, the less people they can afford to loose in the bad down turns. Why? Because there would be no way to retool the workforce and get up to speed to take advantage of any upturn in the market. This is even more true in advisory professional services, like attorneys and consultants (such as myself). The business models that are taught in college and are talked about on CNBC et al, are not applicable to small businesses that are reliant upon a singular or limited number of income earners.

    Your flippant regard to my posts shows that your understanding of business, especially small business is lacking. I don't mean that as an insult, just as an observation, so that you don't make demonstrative statements like the ones you made to me that anyone that understands business economics and survivability would find lacking.
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    In a small company, no employee is unnecessary.
    Then what's the problem? You were complaining about paying them earlier.

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    My money is in the bank, mostly in the accounts of my employees. What is left in my account, has to be conserved to maintain job security for my employees. When hard times hit and the income slows down, the payroll still has to made, expenses still have to paid, and the benefits packages for my employees still has to be maintained.
    Just in case you claim that you never said that.

  7. #137
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Then what's the problem? You were complaining about paying them earlier.
    Complaining? Maybe you should read the thread again and see what was actually stated. I feel you implied for me, rather than listen to me.

    My comments in this thread are in reference to the tax burden of those of us that pay the lions share of the taxes. Not anything else, and not complaining about my employees or their expense to me. The reference to them was in reply to why I had to keep so much money in the bank, that I couldn't use or touch, that still gets taxed at an unreasonable progressive rate and with AMT, at a punitive rate. I'm punished for making more money, get not one thing more from the government for that effort and taxes I pay than anyone else in this country receives. In fact, I get less. I don't get EIT credit, or SNAP, or Section 8 housing support, or WIC, or public health services, or many other things because I make too much money. I can't even get unemployment because I'm the owner. In fact, many of the tax deductions that most everyone else gets, I cannot get because of AMT. Not only do I have to pay more percentage wise, I have a minimum that I have to pay, and I can't deduct my state or local income taxes, medical expenses, education expenses for my kids, or many other things that the average guy gets to deduct.

    Now, I wouldn't have a problem with doing away with all tax deductions. In fact, I have supported that for years.

    But, let's do away with them all - for everyone.

    Let's all pay the same rate. Not the same amount, but the same percentage rate.

    Everyone pull the wagon.

    In fact, my back is aching from pulling it with the few of us that are strapped to the damned thing.

    I don't want in the wagon, I just want some of the folks that are, to get out and help pull for a while.
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

  8. #138
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Just in case you claim that you never said that.
    What part of that was complaining? It was stating facts, in a broader context of a larger discussion.
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

  9. #139
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    I think the fundamental misunderstanding here is over who is and is not rich. $450,000 a year is not rich on the same level as the few hundred elite billionaires who most often incur popular ire. The former generally pay their fair share. The latter are getting away with looting entire nations.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  10. #140
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Do The Rich Pay Too Much Federal Income Taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    I think the fundamental misunderstanding here is over who is and is not rich. $450,000 a year is not rich on the same level as the few hundred elite billionaires who most often incur popular ire. The former generally pay their fair share. The latter are getting away with looting entire nations.
    that may have merit. if you are making between 400K and several million, you are the group that pays the highest effective tax rate and you are way overtaxed.

    some billionaires perhaps not though they pay far more actually dollars than millions of Americans combined

    The Very Rich Are Different--They Pay A Lower Tax Rate - Forbes



Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •