View Poll Results: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jeb Bush

    15 22.73%
  • Hillary Clinton

    18 27.27%
  • Gary Johnson

    18 27.27%
  • I don't/wouldn't vote

    2 3.03%
  • Other

    13 19.70%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 68

Thread: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

  1. #51
    Educator OnWisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    04-07-16 @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    710

    Re: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

    Get rid of money in politics and you get rid of the 2 party system. Put a very low cap on how much one person (or entity) can contribute to a campaign and all the sudden a third party has a chance. When you get giant corporations donating unlimited amounts of money to one candidate or the other (and in a lot of cases to both candidates) then a lesser known third party candidate has no chance in hell.

    Votes win elections, but when those votes are based on media exposure and how well someone knows a candidate, then money talks.
    Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
    - Abraham Lincoln

    Before the war is ended, the war party assumes the divine right to denounce and silence all opposition to war as unpatriotic and cowardly.
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

    God, how patient are Thy poor! These corporations and masters of manipulation in finance heaping up great fortunes by a system of legalized extortion,
    and then exacting from the contributors--to whom a little means so much--a double share to guard the treasure!
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

  2. #52
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    Are you kidding? Hillary is far right. She's a warmonger, corporatist, fascist, and her husband passed DOMA into law. She seriously couldn't be further from socialist ideals, or liberal ideals for that matter.
    Ehhh.. Newsflash 95% of politicians in the US are corporatists. Are they fascists tho? No. However she is more liberal than all 3 of those candidates and that is why i would vote for her if it was those choices.


  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Ehhh.. Newsflash 95% of politicians in the US are corporatists.
    Duh.

    Are they fascists tho? No.
    Not all of them, Hillary is though.

    However she is more liberal than all 3 of those candidates
    She has a "D" next to her name, that's about as liberal as she gets.

  4. #54
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    Duh.



    Not all of them, Hillary is though.
    In what ways are Hilary Clinton a fascist?


    She has a "D" next to her name, that's about as liberal as she gets.
    She is "liberal" (in the modern American since o the world) when it comes to gay rights, reducing sentences for drugs, fighting income inequality, universal healthcare, McCain Feingold Act, getting rid of electroal college, pro Roe v Wade, more pro green energy and believes in climate change...


  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    In what ways are Hilary Clinton a fascist?
    In what ways is she not?



    She is "liberal" (in the modern American since o the world) when it comes to gay rights,
    Her husband signed DOMA into law with her full support.

    reducing sentences for drugs
    Reducing sentences on drugs is still fueling a victimless crime which is, arguably, not liberal at all.

    fighting income inequality
    Her policies create larger gaps in income equality. Supporting corporatism and cronyism kind of negates all that income equality rhetoric she spews.

    What about foreign policy? She's a neocon. Liberals are pro-peace and against unnecessary military intervention. She'd be a Bush 3.0(Obama is 2.0)

  6. #56
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    In what ways is she not?
    Pretty sure she doenst believe in totalitarianism. Dont think she thinks everything should be in service of the state...
    I mean c'mon you claim she is a fascist, explain to us how she is a fascist.

    Her husband signed DOMA into law with her full support.
    She is for gay marriage and gay rights NOW.



    Reducing sentences on drugs is still fueling a victimless crime which is, arguably, not liberal at all.
    Its a start.



    Her policies create larger gaps in income equality. Supporting corporatism and cronyism kind of negates all that income equality rhetoric she spews.
    She supports increasing taxes on the rich.


    What about foreign policy? She's a neocon. Liberals are pro-peace and against unnecessary military intervention. She'd be a Bush 3.0(Obama is 2.0)
    Most liberals are about that. She is not a neocon. Just because she voted for the war that does not make her a neocon. Notice how im not saying she is "great". Im saying she is the most liberal out of those people listed and i would vote for her if it was those 3 candidates.


  7. #57
    Educator
    Slyhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    06-22-15 @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post


    She is for gay marriage and gay rights NOW.
    Why?
    Why did she change?
    Because it was expedient. She has no principles. She simply checks the polls and pretends to agree with the majority.
    Islam is an antiquated religion and needs to either modernize with the times or be completely eradicated.
    There are two types of Muslims, terrorists, and their enablers. They need to fix that if they want to be part of civilized society.

  8. #58
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyhunter View Post
    Why?
    Why did she change?
    Because it was expedient. She has no principles. She simply checks the polls and pretends to agree with the majority.
    Pshhh. Because she is a political actor. Thats why. When the vast majority of your voting bloc moves to favor a policy you move with that bloc.


  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Pshhh. Because she is a political actor. Thats why. When the vast majority of your voting bloc moves to favor a policy you move with that bloc.
    So you admit she has no principles?

  10. #60
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    So you admit she has no principles?
    To say that someone has no principles is a pretty bold statement.


Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •