View Poll Results: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jeb Bush

    15 22.73%
  • Hillary Clinton

    18 27.27%
  • Gary Johnson

    18 27.27%
  • I don't/wouldn't vote

    2 3.03%
  • Other

    13 19.70%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 68

Thread: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    If the 2016 election were tomorrow and these were the candidates, who would you vote for?
    How about we wait and see who really runs. Of the ones you listed, I can only say that there is absolutely no way I would vote for the Whore of Satan, outside of that, don't have any idea yet.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    If it were those choices. I would probably have to cast my vote for Hill Dog.
    I'm having trouble figuring out why a socialist would vote for a candidate as obviously under the corporate thumb as Hillary is.

  3. #33
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    43,208

    Re: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

    Under no circumstances will I vote for Hillary Clinton. I refuse to vote for any politician for any office who voted in favor of the Iraq War. Hillary, as a Senator from New York, did just that. So, no vote for her. And under no circumstances, until I see something better out of them, will I vote for a Republican for national office. As far as I'm concerned, the Republican Party is an absolute embarrassment to the country.

    Third party for me, for the second straight presidential election.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #34
    Educator OnWisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    04-07-16 @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    710

    Re: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

    As a left leaning libertarian I would have to go with Johnson. I don't see eye to eye on a good many things but he has the most things that I could agree with. Some of the major things I don't agree with him on are Campaign finance reform and Education, but we're pretty close elsewhere.
    Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
    - Abraham Lincoln

    Before the war is ended, the war party assumes the divine right to denounce and silence all opposition to war as unpatriotic and cowardly.
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

    God, how patient are Thy poor! These corporations and masters of manipulation in finance heaping up great fortunes by a system of legalized extortion,
    and then exacting from the contributors--to whom a little means so much--a double share to guard the treasure!
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

    Gary Johnson, if I thought he had a shot in hell of winning.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Gary Johnson, if I thought he had a shot in hell of winning.
    Well Gary Johnson has no chance of winning, because nobody will vote for him, because he has no chance of winning. Kind of a catch 22. That's why I don't really take electability into account when I'm voting. I vote for the right man for the job, not the man who has the best chance of getting it.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    Well Gary Johnson has no chance of winning, because nobody will vote for him, because he has no chance of winning. Kind of a catch 22. That's why I don't really take electability into account when I'm voting. I vote for the right man for the job, not the man who has the best chance of getting it.
    That's why I'm more about the abolition of the two-party winner-take-all system as opposed to electing a third party leader.

  8. #38
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Gary Johnson, if I thought he had a shot in hell of winning.
    Which, as we all know, he doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    That's why I'm more about the abolition of the two-party winner-take-all system as opposed to electing a third party leader.
    I'd like to see the party system abolished in it's entirety. Then we can judge each individual on their own merits rather than the letter beside their name.

  10. #40
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,268

    Re: If These Were The 2016 Presidential Candidates...

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    Well Gary Johnson has no chance of winning, because nobody will vote for him, because he has no chance of winning. Kind of a catch 22. That's why I don't really take electability into account when I'm voting. I vote for the right man for the job, not the man who has the best chance of getting it.
    So there's not a single person in the country you think would do a better job as President than Gary Johnson?

    Because if there is, then your argument for how/why you vote is illogical if you're saying you're voting for Gary Johnson. The only reason to vote for him, as opposed to writing in the specific person you think could do the best job, is you acknowledge to SOME degree that someone actually running at least has a better chance of garnering at least SOME votes, i.e. electability. If ALL you cared about was whose the right man for the job, whether or not they're actually running should be 100% irrelevant to your vote.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •