Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 227

Thread: Have you heard of Nathan Trapuzzano?

  1. #81
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: Have you heard of Nathan Trapuzzano?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Obama whining. Nothing new.
    Oh, brother.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Nathan Trapuzzano experienced being followed by a black kid with a gun in a dark street pre-dawn. That's a lot worse than being followed in a department store. My 3 white kids also get followed in department stores. I've seen it myself.
    Of course it is, and nobody said it wasn't.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #82
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,148

    Re: Have you heard of Nathan Trapuzzano?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Right, because nothing says "not playing the victim" like running around screaming "I'm being persecuted! I'm being persecuted! The scary libruls are out to get me!"
    Wow, someone must have hacked into my account. Can you show me where those posts were made under my user name so I can report them to a moderator?

  3. #83
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Have you heard of Nathan Trapuzzano?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Did you have to google Trayvon Martin?
    When the story first picked up steam about a month after the incident itself occurred, yes I had to do some serious googling. Remember the Trayvon thing happened and pretty much stayed a local news story for a couple weeks, then people were like outraged that it wasn't getting more press and then suddenly it did when the families hired lawyers and agents.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  4. #84
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: Have you heard of Nathan Trapuzzano?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Wow, someone must have hacked into my account. Can you show me where those posts were made under my user name so I can report them to a moderator?
    Obviously, rocket's using hyperbole. But you DID say that the reason the media "isn't interested" in the story is because "a black teenage thug shot a good decent deeply religious man." Because apparently "the media" is biased in favor of black teenage thugs/against good decent deeply religious men?

    The reason the story didn't get national play is because it's a routine (albeit extremely tragic) crime story. Someone was killed, the perpetrator was arrested.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #85
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,159

    Re: Have you heard of Nathan Trapuzzano?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Wow, someone must have hacked into my account. Can you show me where those posts were made under my user name so I can report them to a moderator?
    Now it's the "I didn't say that" game. You guys are so predictable.

    I must have been reading a different thread where the whole point was how horribly persecuted white people are.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #86
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,148

    Re: Have you heard of Nathan Trapuzzano?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Obviously, rocket's using hyperbole. But you DID say that the reason the media "isn't interested" in the story is because "a black teenage thug shot a good decent deeply religious man." Because apparently "the media" is biased in favor of black teenage thugs/against good decent deeply religious men?

    The reason the story didn't get national play is because it's a routine (albeit extremely tragic) crime story. Someone was killed, the perpetrator was arrested.
    I was being facetious as well.

    But I do think the Martin story was taken way too far. And I don't think it was something that the POTUS should have commented on. It didn't help things. While we all may agree that Zimmerman only followed Martin because he was black, we'll never really know - and Obama shouldn't have stepped in because his comments only inflamed.

  7. #87
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,148

    Re: Have you heard of Nathan Trapuzzano?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Now it's the "I didn't say that" game. You guys are so predictable.

    I must have been reading a different thread where the whole point was how horribly persecuted white people are.
    You must have been. I never said nor even implied that white people are "persecuted". I was commenting on the overindulgence given to the Martin story - which was a non-story.

  8. #88
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Have you heard of Nathan Trapuzzano?

    What the hell is this about, anyway?

    I see the discussion, but I apparently haven't heard of whatever even prompted it.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #89
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: Have you heard of Nathan Trapuzzano?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I was being facetious as well.
    Good to know.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    But I do think the Martin story was taken way too far.
    As with pretty much every story that gets saturation coverage, it's hard to argue with that point. I agree. I dunno if it was "Missing Malaysian Airliner on CNN" bad, but it was bad. Unfortunately, too many media outlets (CNN being the prime offender) tend to find one hot-button story and simply beat it to a bloody pulp.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    And I don't think it was something that the POTUS should have commented on. It didn't help things. While we all may agree that Zimmerman only followed Martin because he was black, we'll never really know - and Obama shouldn't have stepped in because his comments only inflamed.
    "Inflamed" what? From what I can tell, the only thing Obama's comments did was piss off conservatives, which seems to happen every time he opens his mouth.

    There were lots of things surrounding that incident and the trial and aftermath that were unnecessary and inflammatory. I think Obama's comments were pretty far down on the list.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #90
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Have you heard of Nathan Trapuzzano?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Good to know.



    As with pretty much every story that gets saturation coverage, it's hard to argue with that point. I agree. I dunno if it was "Missing Malaysian Airliner on CNN" bad, but it was bad. Unfortunately, too many media outlets (CNN being the prime offender) tend to find one hot-button story and simply beat it to a bloody pulp.



    "Inflamed" what? From what I can tell, the only thing Obama's comments did was piss off conservatives, which seems to happen every time he opens his mouth.

    There were lots of things surrounding that incident and the trial and aftermath that were unnecessary and inflammatory. I think Obama's comments were pretty far down on the list.
    I think the "focus on one issue" is cheaper than looking for many.

    The TV "News" agencies are in it for profit, after all.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •