View Poll Results: Is it the government's job

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes- The government's

    5 7.69%
  • No- The people

    36 55.38%
  • IDK

    1 1.54%
  • Other.

    23 35.38%
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 255

Thread: Is it the government's job to regulate Morality

  1. #231
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Is it the government's job to regulate Morality

    Is it the government's job...

    ...to do what the voter's tell them to do.


    And if the voter's don't tell them what to do, then the government should do NOTHING.

    Imo, the politically weak call politicians 'leaders'; the not-so-politically-weak call them 'public servants'.

    They are there to do what we tell them to do - not the other way around.

  2. #232
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Is it the government's job to regulate Morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Really? Feelings can be controlled by law. Just how exactly are they suppose to do that? If I feel love there is no law what so ever that can take that love away. If I feel anger, again, there is not a single law out there that can take it away. You're not trying to regulate feelings, you're trying to regulate actions. There is a difference. And a huge one. As such you will never get rid of homosexuality. You might be able to hide it, but you will never get rid of it.
    Hiding it would be a good start. Then, slowly over time you root out those dark corners it hides in and burn them to the ground until there is nowhere left for them to hide.

  3. #233
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is it the government's job to regulate Morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Hiding it would be a good start. Then, slowly over time you root out those dark corners it hides in and burn them to the ground until there is nowhere left for them to hide.
    Its been tried before. Homosexuality has been around for thousands of years. It will never happen.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Is it the government's job to regulate Morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Its been tried before. Homosexuality has been around for thousands of years. It will never happen.
    It hasn't worked because the cost to being one, or helping shelter one has not been high enough.

  5. #235
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is it the government's job to regulate Morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    It hasn't worked because the cost to being one, or helping shelter one has not been high enough.
    Death isn't high enough? Because that is the price used in the past and currently in some theocratic countries. Yet homosexuality is still here...even in those countries that ban it with penalty of death.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Is it the government's job to regulate Morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Death isn't high enough? Because that is the price used in the past and currently in some theocratic countries. Yet homosexuality is still here...even in those countries that ban it with penalty of death.
    True, but have their families, their friends, and their co-workers (at times) been punished for failing to see and report it; or for actively supporting it? Has the criminal's family paid the price for their relative's mistakes? THAT is when things truly start to turn.... when it's more beneficial for you to turn in your mom/dad/husband/wife/child than it is not to.

  7. #237
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,225

    Re: Is it the government's job to regulate Morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Of course. That's why I wrote what your words implied, *to me.* You are welcome to correct them.

    I didnt see you doing so yet.
    I have to waste my time correcting you? That's rich.

    I did correct your words. I pointed out that you have no idea what you're talking about when you're talking about me.

    Next time you want to play mindreader, select another person to project onto.

  8. #238
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,010

    Re: Is it the government's job to regulate Morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Prostitution would be totally legal. Of course it would be one of the only vocations a woman would be allowed to engage in, and only with her father/husband's approval.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Heterosexual AND as part of a committed, monogamous relationship. That's the ONLY appropriate form of sexual activity.
    If heterosexual and part of a committed monogamous relationship is the only appropriate form of sexual activity, then how can prostitution be legal under your morality laws? You can't even agree with your self.
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

  9. #239
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Is it the government's job to regulate Morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Really? Feelings can be controlled by law. Just how exactly are they suppose to do that? If I feel love there is no law what so ever that can take that love away. If I feel anger, again, there is not a single law out there that can take it away. You're not trying to regulate feelings, you're trying to regulate actions. There is a difference. And a huge one. As such you will never get rid of homosexuality. You might be able to hide it, but you will never get rid of it.
    If it's 'hidden' then it's easier to ignore it and all the 'icky' and disturbing feelings some people cant avoid when around them. I wonder if he thinks 'those' feelings can be controlled?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #240
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Is it the government's job to regulate Morality

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    If heterosexual and part of a committed monogamous relationship is the only appropriate form of sexual activity, then how can prostitution be legal under your morality laws? You can't even agree with your self.
    That's probably not 'sexual activity.' It's probably commerce. Or her punishment for something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •