View Poll Results: Is it the government's job

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes- The government's

    5 7.69%
  • No- The people

    36 55.38%
  • IDK

    1 1.54%
  • Other.

    23 35.38%
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 255

Thread: Is it the government's job to regulate Morality

  1. #201
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,897
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is it the government's job to regulate Morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    The whole idea of being attracted to a member of the same sex is disgusting beyond belief, but so long as the individual doesn't act on that thought it's not homosexuality, it's merely insanity. Just as my desire to punch whichever moron in my building left the security door open all night last night doesn't qualify as assault or battery because I haven't committed the act as of yet.
    Except that feelings are not, nor can they be, regulated by law. As such your analogy is apples and oranges. Even if you made a law that banned homosexual acts, homosexuality would still abound. That evidence is in the history books for all to see. You see, homosexuality is not an act. It is a state of being. The same as heterosexuality is a state of being for heterosexuals.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Is it the government's job to regulate Morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Except that feelings are not, nor can they be, regulated by law.
    Yes, they CAN and SHOULD be. Of course you need the assistance of the general public to help ferret them out, but the threat of death themselves, if they know and fail to turn someone in is always a useful tool in promoting assistance from the public.

  3. #203
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,045

    Re: Is it the government's job to regulate Morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Incorrect. There would be no laws against discrimination, PERIOD. Base it on race, age, gender, etc.... However, homosexuality is an afront to society in general and would be banned under the Morality laws.

    Prostitution would be totally legal. Of course it would be one of the only vocations a woman would be allowed to engage in, and only with her father/husband's approval.

    Ahhh, good times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #204
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,045

    Re: Is it the government's job to regulate Morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    No it's not. Women and homosexuals are not human beings. Therefore one cannot discriminate against them.
    Now science has also gone completely out the window. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #205
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,045

    Re: Is it the government's job to regulate Morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Women are property. .
    LOLOLOL Only if they allow you to think so!

    But no man is truly a man if he needs to own the woman. A real man earns her respect and she stays with him by choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #206
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,045

    Re: Is it the government's job to regulate Morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    1: Regarding the women and property bit...do you still believe in slavery? Because that is what your statements amount to.

    2: Who says that homosexuals can't have kids? Being a homosexual does not equal being steril. There are plenty of homosexuals out there that choose to have kids....and do.
    He has said previously that he supports govt-sponsored slavery (based on behavior, not race, gender, ethnicity, etc) and also, it should be obvious by now that science has no relevance in his arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #207
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,567

    Re: Is it the government's job to regulate Morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Yes, they CAN and SHOULD be. Of course you need the assistance of the general public to help ferret them out, but the threat of death themselves, if they know and fail to turn someone in is always a useful tool in promoting assistance from the public.
    You'd love living in Uganda.

  8. #208
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,045

    Re: Is it the government's job to regulate Morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    As I just mentioned to Kal, that's called ADULTERY where I come from.
    Even when a turkey baster is involved? Or other medical procedures?

    Yowza! Now adultery doesnt even require to people to have sex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #209
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,045

    Re: Is it the government's job to regulate Morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    When they are not married to each other or in a committed relationship with each other. We're talking about a homosexual couple, therefore there are no "two people of the opposite sex" to discuss anywhere in this. Engaging in any form of sexual activity with anyone other than your committed partner/husband/wife is Adultery. It's that simple. Therefore, a homosexual couple CANNOT, by definition, have a natural child.... their sexual organs don't allow for it.
    Is adoption immoral? How about step-kids....is it ok for them to live with you, like when the dad dies and mom marries another man? Or is that immoral too? Or just immoral for gays?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #210
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,045

    Re: Is it the government's job to regulate Morality

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    We're on the internet. You have no idea what I "think", nor should you presume to assume what I "think".
    Of course. That's why I wrote what your words implied, *to me.* You are welcome to correct them.

    I didnt see you doing so yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •