View Poll Results: Would vote for Jeb Bush

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - in the primary to be the Republican candidate

    12 10.53%
  • Yes - for president in the general election.

    21 18.42%
  • Not likely in the Republican Primary

    18 15.79%
  • Not likely for President

    19 16.67%
  • No - not the Bush dynasty

    41 35.96%
  • I would vote for Jeb Bush over a democrat in the general election

    16 14.04%
  • He's a RINO - so disfavor him

    6 5.26%
  • He's a RINO - so he is one of the better Republicans

    4 3.51%
  • Another Bush for president? You GOT to be joking!

    48 42.11%
  • IDK/Other

    10 8.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Results 181 to 187 of 187

Thread: Would you vote for Jeb Bush?

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Would you vote for Jeb Bush?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    then you are presuming to express something loudly makes it true

    i disagree
    we were not in the board room when that debate was held (if it was)
    thus, we have no idea how jeb debated, nor what position he took (if any)
    all we know is that he was well compensated for sharing his expertise as a board member with an insurance company which is now participating in the Obamacare program - like many other insurance companies within that industry
    Well you can disagree JB.....but that's not going to stop the Tea Party from taking it to him over that. Then there is stance on immigration. Then his stance on Education. Which if he was thinking of gathering up Republican donors to make his way. Then he best hope to have Trump. But then that don't look like it will happen unless Jeb is the Nominee.



    But insofar that there was a rhetorical constant, it was open disdain for Jeb Bush, as candidates responded to his sympathy for undocumented immigrants and praise for federal education standards. “Get rid of Common Core and replace it with common sense!” said Tennessee Rep. Marsha Blackburn, taking a swipe at Bush’s support for the reformed curriculum standards. “I think what Jeb was trying to say was that many people come to the United States to look for opportunity,” said Huckabee, commenting on Bush’s support for comprehensive immigration reform. “I don't personally support amnesty. I think we ought to have a secure border.”

    Trump also riffed on Bush’s immigration comments, mocking the notion that immigrants come to the United States out of “love.” “[T]hat’s one I've never heard of before,” Trump said. “I've heard money, I've heard this, I've heard sex, I've heard everything! The one thing I never heard of was love. I understand what he's saying, but, you know, it's out there, I'll tell you.” More importantly, the mere mention of Bush’s name drew boos from the crowd, who oppose the former governor’s immigration leniency.

    If Jeb Bush has anything on his side right now, it’s this—the establishment stamp of approval. Just read this Washington Post story from late last month, where a parade of Republican donors and officials showed their enthusiasm for a Bush candidacy. Yes, there are still arguments and divisions among Republican elites, but one thing is clear: If Bush steps into the ring, he’ll begin the race with key victories in the “invisible primary,” where candidates fight to win influence and endorsements from the party’s most moneyed supporters.

    Even still, this doesn’t make the grassroots irrelevant as much as it changes the nature of the challenge. No, the Republican base isn’t strong or influential enough to drive a candidate to the nomination or to kill the candidacy of someone with establishment support.

    And that’s the “Jeb Bush” that has to go. To win the invisible primary and prevail with voters, Bush will have to sacrifice the most moderate aspects of his persona and commit to the main concerns of the rank and file. Or, put another way, there’s a good chance that any Jeb Bush who represents the entire Republican Party will be a Jeb Bush who opposes comprehensive immigration reform, shows strong skepticism for federal education programs, and adopts the usual bromides against President Obama and the Democratic Party.

    It’s a Jeb Bush who—if he truly wants to win the nomination—may have to disavow his brother and father, too. Few Republicans will defend the eldest Bush, who worked with Democrats to raise taxes and earned the animosity of a generation of conservatives.

    For Jeb Bush to win, he may have to do more than bury his former political persona—he may have to bury the Bush name.....snip~

    Jeb Bush may win the nomination: GOP donors matter, the party’s base does not.

  2. #182
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,876
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would you vote for Jeb Bush?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well you can disagree JB.....but that's not going to stop the Tea Party from taking it to him over that. Then there is stance on immigration. Then his stance on Education. Which if he was thinking of gathering up Republican donors to make his way. Then he best hope to have Trump. But then that don't look like it will happen unless Jeb is the Nominee.



    But insofar that there was a rhetorical constant, it was open disdain for Jeb Bush, as candidates responded to his sympathy for undocumented immigrants and praise for federal education standards. “Get rid of Common Core and replace it with common sense!” said Tennessee Rep. Marsha Blackburn, taking a swipe at Bush’s support for the reformed curriculum standards. “I think what Jeb was trying to say was that many people come to the United States to look for opportunity,” said Huckabee, commenting on Bush’s support for comprehensive immigration reform. “I don't personally support amnesty. I think we ought to have a secure border.”

    Trump also riffed on Bush’s immigration comments, mocking the notion that immigrants come to the United States out of “love.” “[T]hat’s one I've never heard of before,” Trump said. “I've heard money, I've heard this, I've heard sex, I've heard everything! The one thing I never heard of was love. I understand what he's saying, but, you know, it's out there, I'll tell you.” More importantly, the mere mention of Bush’s name drew boos from the crowd, who oppose the former governor’s immigration leniency.

    If Jeb Bush has anything on his side right now, it’s this—the establishment stamp of approval. Just read this Washington Post story from late last month, where a parade of Republican donors and officials showed their enthusiasm for a Bush candidacy. Yes, there are still arguments and divisions among Republican elites, but one thing is clear: If Bush steps into the ring, he’ll begin the race with key victories in the “invisible primary,” where candidates fight to win influence and endorsements from the party’s most moneyed supporters.

    Even still, this doesn’t make the grassroots irrelevant as much as it changes the nature of the challenge. No, the Republican base isn’t strong or influential enough to drive a candidate to the nomination or to kill the candidacy of someone with establishment support.

    And that’s the “Jeb Bush” that has to go. To win the invisible primary and prevail with voters, Bush will have to sacrifice the most moderate aspects of his persona and commit to the main concerns of the rank and file. Or, put another way, there’s a good chance that any Jeb Bush who represents the entire Republican Party will be a Jeb Bush who opposes comprehensive immigration reform, shows strong skepticism for federal education programs, and adopts the usual bromides against President Obama and the Democratic Party.

    It’s a Jeb Bush who—if he truly wants to win the nomination—may have to disavow his brother and father, too. Few Republicans will defend the eldest Bush, who worked with Democrats to raise taxes and earned the animosity of a generation of conservatives.

    For Jeb Bush to win, he may have to do more than bury his former political persona—he may have to bury the Bush name.....snip~

    Jeb Bush may win the nomination: GOP donors matter, the party’s base does not.
    Both Jeb and Chris Christie have the potential to unite the Repub tribes the same way Reagan did: with a large personality and a positive message. Neither should backtrack on anything he has done or said. Their authenticity trumps litmus tests.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Would you vote for Jeb Bush?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Both Jeb and Chris Christie have the potential to unite the Repub tribes the same way Reagan did: with a large personality and a positive message. Neither should backtrack on anything he has done or said. Their authenticity trumps litmus tests.
    Christie wont be able to pull all the Tribes together no matter what he does......moreover, I am just telling it like it is. Tea Party already came out with their message on established Republicans. Which doesn't count Santorum and his Conservative bunch.

  4. #184
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,876
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would you vote for Jeb Bush?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Christie wont be able to pull all the Tribes together no matter what he does......moreover, I am just telling it like it is. Tea Party already came out with their message on established Republicans. Which doesn't count Santorum and his Conservative bunch.
    We shall see.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #185
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,833

    Re: Would you vote for Jeb Bush?

    What do you think of Christie going all negative on Colorado and pot?
    There is a strong CONtingent in CO that opposes pot in the GOP .
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Christie wont be able to pull all the Tribes together no matter what he does......moreover, I am just telling it like it is. Tea Party already came out with their message on established Republicans. Which doesn't count Santorum and his Conservative bunch.
    Physics is Phun

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Would you vote for Jeb Bush?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    What do you think of Christie going all negative on Colorado and pot?
    There is a strong CONtingent in CO that opposes pot in the GOP .
    I didn't hear Christie went ALL negative on pot.

    They must be listening to Bill Bennett in the Morning then.....Reagans former drug Czar is behind the fight against the legalization of Marijuana.

  7. #187
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,833

    Re: Would you vote for Jeb Bush?

    POLITICO Headlines shows the back-and-forth pissing contest between Christie's "pure" New Jersey the drug-crazed "head shops" in Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I didn't hear Christie went ALL negative on pot.
    They must be listening to Bill Bennett in the Morning then.....Reagans former drug Czar is behind the fight against the legalization of Marijuana.
    Christie got his walking orders at the Adelson conference a few weeks ago, as did Bush--Kasich--Walker .
    Physics is Phun

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •