View Poll Results: Should women sign up

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    57 64.04%
  • No

    15 16.85%
  • Maybe/ IDK

    2 2.25%
  • Women shouldn't be in the military.

    6 6.74%
  • Other

    9 10.11%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 168

Thread: Should Women have to sign up for Selective Services.

  1. #131
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Should Women have to sign up for Selective Services.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    The only scenario I could think of wherein a draft would be reasonable: Very powerful attack on the US imminent or already underway, AND for some reason populous no longer cares enough to volunteer to defend the US.
    The draft was to assure that a random selection of young men went to fight instead of what we have otherwise which is a force made up mainly of low and low middle incomers wherein the wealthy and uppermiddlers and their families get away unscathed by the politics they are increasingly profiting from, including our wars and police actions.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  2. #132
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Should Women have to sign up for Selective Services.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    With more and more push to for women to do combat roles in the military should women have to sign up for selective services. For those that don't know Selective Services what male Americans have to sign up for when they turn 18 so they can be drafted if a draft is ever called up again. If you fail to sign up you can face jail time, be fined, and is denied aid for college.
    If women's advocacy groups demand equality, then they should include registration on their list of demands.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #133
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Should Women have to sign up for Selective Services.

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    If and when anyone is "called up," then all women of age should register. Since we currently have an all enlisted force, it seems unnecessary for either gender to register.

    That pretty much covers it. If we have it, it should apply regardless of gender; but there seems to be no reason to have it.

  4. #134
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Britain, Mother of Civilisation
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    468

    Re: Should Women have to sign up for Selective Services.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    There are things that were true about men and women, and how they differ, back in the nineteenth century, or any time before, that remain equally true today, in the twenty-first century, and which will remain true for as long as Mankind exists. I find your remarks about “…try[ing] to turn the clock back to the 19th century” and “Victorian terms about men and women's roles” to be meaningless and absurd.
    I am not denying the host of physical and social differences between men and women.

    I am specifically taking issue with the outdated idea that women can't fight, or that they make incapable soldiers. This has been proven wrong by history, time and time again. If you have any evidence to support your claim, let's hear it.

  5. #135
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should Women have to sign up for Selective Services.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ad_Captandum View Post
    I am not denying the host of physical and social differences between men and women.

    I am specifically taking issue with the outdated idea that women can't fight, or that they make incapable soldiers. This has been proven wrong by history, time and time again. If you have any evidence to support your claim, let's hear it.
    I'm not saying they can't fight.

    It's not their place to go to war. It's our duty as men, to protect women, and not to put them in harm's way. This has always been true, and it will always be true. A society that is willing to use women and children as cannon fodder is a society that deserves to be wiped out.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  6. #136
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Should Women have to sign up for Selective Services.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    I'm not saying they can't fight.

    It's not their place to go to war. It's our duty as men, to protect women, and not to put them in harm's way. This has always been true, and it will always be true. A society that is willing to use women and children as cannon fodder is a society that deserves to be wiped out.
    so those militia people that were putting women on the front line to "defend" Bundy's right to land should be wiped out?

    But back on topic - why are our young women more valuable than our young men? Neither should be placed on the front lines except when absolutely necessary to defend our country; they should be used wisely; and both genders should be required to defend us if needed.

  7. #137
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Should Women have to sign up for Selective Services.

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    so those militia people that were putting women on the front line to "defend" Bundy's right to land should be wiped out?

    But back on topic - why are our young women more valuable than our young men? Neither should be placed on the front lines except when absolutely necessary to defend our country; they should be used wisely; and both genders should be required to defend us if needed.
    Because young women are the source of the next generation of young persons.

    I'm not saying this is even a reason not to place them in combat, only that it is what makes them more valuable, in terms of species survival.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #138
    Student Sean.McDonnell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The "Show me your papers" state
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    236

    Re: Should Women have to sign up for Selective Services.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Because young women are the source of the next generation of young persons.

    I'm not saying this is even a reason not to place them in combat, only that it is what makes them more valuable, in terms of species survival.
    You do realize we need both men and women to make babies right?
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.- Plato

  9. #139
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Should Women have to sign up for Selective Services.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean.McDonnell View Post
    You do realize we need both men and women to make babies right?
    Of course.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #140
    Student Sean.McDonnell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The "Show me your papers" state
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    236

    Re: Should Women have to sign up for Selective Services.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Of course.
    Awesome, just making sure.
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.- Plato

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •