View Poll Results: Who is actually helping Ukraine?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Russia, by selling energy that can be resold at profit.

    1 25.00%
  • USA, by destabilizing Ukraine.

    0 0%
  • USA/IMF by lending money in a credit trap.

    0 0%
  • Russia, by buying 65% of Ukraine exports.

    3 75.00%
  • USA by "preventing energy to be used for agression.?

    1 25.00%
  • USA, by putting Billionaires in charge of Treasury.

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Kerry denounces use of energy as weapon

  1. #1
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,312

    Kerry denounces use of energy as weapon

    Kerry denounces use of energy as weapon
    "BRUSSELS (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is denouncing the use of energy as a weapon, a day after Russia sharply hiked the price for natural gas to Ukraine.
    Kerry says supplies of oil and gas have to be secured throughout the world in order to prevent their being used as political leverage or tools of aggression. He said no nation should be able to use energy to "stymie a people's aspirations."
    Kerry spoke Wednesday at a meeting of the US-EU Energy Council at European Union headquarters in Brussels.
    Russia also threatened to reclaim billions in previous discounts for Ukraine, raising the heat on its cash-strapped government. The move is expected to eventually hit Ukrainian consumers hard. Household gas prices in Ukraine are set to rise 50 percent beginning May 1."


    Does this mean that since Putin was selling gas to Ukraine at 60% of World market, that the USA and IMF are going to sell Ukraine dollars at 60% of World market value?

    Does this reflect an organized demonization of Russia/Putin? Putin was selling Ukraine discount energy.

    Will Western Media co-operate in this demonization?

    The Russian cheap gas was the only foreign effort to help Ukraine and should Russia be punished for helping Ukraine?

    Is John Kerry a moron and just using the World Stage to prove it?

    Is john Kerry promoting "Moronomics." or is he really that dumb?

    Was cheap energy helping or hurting Ukraine?
    Last edited by DaveFagan; 04-02-14 at 10:01 AM.

  2. #2
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,198

    Re: Kerry denounces use of energy as weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Kerry denounces use of energy as weapon
    "BRUSSELS (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is denouncing the use of energy as a weapon, a day after Russia sharply hiked the price for natural gas to Ukraine.
    Kerry says supplies of oil and gas have to be secured throughout the world in order to prevent their being used as political leverage or tools of aggression. He said no nation should be able to use energy to "stymie a people's aspirations."
    Kerry spoke Wednesday at a meeting of the US-EU Energy Council at European Union headquarters in Brussels.
    Russia also threatened to reclaim billions in previous discounts for Ukraine, raising the heat on its cash-strapped government. The move is expected to eventually hit Ukrainian consumers hard. Household gas prices in Ukraine are set to rise 50 percent beginning May 1."


    Does this mean that since Putin was selling gas to Ukraine at 60% of World market, that the USA and IMF are going to sell Ukraine dollars at 60% of World market value?

    Does this reflect an organized demonization of Russia/Putin? Putin was selling Ukraine discount energy.

    Will Western Media co-operate in this demonization?

    The Russian cheap gas was the only foreign effort to help Ukraine and should Russia be punished for helping Ukraine?

    Is John Kerry a moron and just using the World Stage to prove it?

    Is john Kerry promoting "Moronomics." or is he really that dumb?

    Was cheap energy helping or hurting Ukraine?

    It's silly posturing by Kerry. The fact is that Ukraine depended on Russia for gas, and Russia discounted that gas for political reasons

    The previous discount was part of a financial lifeline Russian President Vladimir Putin offered to former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich after his decision to ditch a pact with the European Union in favour of closer ties with Moscow.
    Gazprom raises gas price for Ukraine - Europe - Al Jazeera English

    That being the case, why would Russia continue discounting gas prices without the political benefits?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #3
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,312

    Re: Kerry denounces use of energy as weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It's silly posturing by Kerry. The fact is that Ukraine depended on Russia for gas, and Russia discounted that gas for political reasons



    Gazprom raises gas price for Ukraine - Europe - Al Jazeera English

    That being the case, why would Russia continue discounting gas prices without the political benefits?
    I'm quite sure if the USA/IMF sells the Ukraine dollars at sixty cents per each that Russia would sell gas again at sixty cents on the dollar of World Market value. It is the USA/IMF that are the bad guys in this scenario. Kerry's posturing is Moronomics and he has a world stage to flaunt his ignorance of economics, or so it would appear.

  4. #4
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,029

    Re: Kerry denounces use of energy as weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Kerry denounces use of energy as weapon
    "BRUSSELS (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is denouncing the use of energy as a weapon, a day after Russia sharply hiked the price for natural gas to Ukraine.
    Kerry says supplies of oil and gas have to be secured throughout the world in order to prevent their being used as political leverage or tools of aggression. He said no nation should be able to use energy to "stymie a people's aspirations."
    Kerry spoke Wednesday at a meeting of the US-EU Energy Council at European Union headquarters in Brussels.
    Russia also threatened to reclaim billions in previous discounts for Ukraine, raising the heat on its cash-strapped government. The move is expected to eventually hit Ukrainian consumers hard. Household gas prices in Ukraine are set to rise 50 percent beginning May 1."


    Does this mean that since Putin was selling gas to Ukraine at 60% of World market, that the USA and IMF are going to sell Ukraine dollars at 60% of World market value?

    Does this reflect an organized demonization of Russia/Putin? Putin was selling Ukraine discount energy.

    Will Western Media co-operate in this demonization?

    The Russian cheap gas was the only foreign effort to help Ukraine and should Russia be punished for helping Ukraine?

    Is John Kerry a moron and just using the World Stage to prove it?

    Is john Kerry promoting "Moronomics." or is he really that dumb?

    Was cheap energy helping or hurting Ukraine?
    What's the purpose of a poll that is so skewed it only gives the choices you want it to? Come on you can do better than that!

  5. #5
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,029

    Re: Kerry denounces use of energy as weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    I'm quite sure if the USA/IMF sells the Ukraine dollars at sixty cents per each that Russia would sell gas again at sixty cents on the dollar of World Market value. It is the USA/IMF that are the bad guys in this scenario. Kerry's posturing is Moronomics and he has a world stage to flaunt his ignorance of economics, or so it would appear.
    Your post always have the same axe to grind as in America bad, bad, bad! Good grief man it's really getting old.

  6. #6
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,312

    Re: Kerry denounces use of energy as weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    What's the purpose of a poll that is so skewed it only gives the choices you want it to? Come on you can do better than that!
    If you know of some Country helping Ukraine, you should detail that information in your replies. Unless the USA is completely lacking in Intelligence capability, they knew that Ukrainian instability would have this ENERGY result, ergo it must be part of the plan. If not, we're stupid. The banking needs are/were completely predictable, ergo it must be part of the plan, or we're stupid. The installation and names of new leaders was completely predictable as evidenced by Nuland's clarivoyance, or, heavens to Murgatroyd, part of the plan. USA is bad, bad, bad, in this scenario and many others. We, the USA, are run by a CORPORATE agenda and it is out of our control. Face facts, we were the torturers. We've killed millions. Nice, friendly people that like to lend a helping hand being manipulated by an evil agenda. Give me an example of answers as regards who is helping Ukraine. True answers.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Kerry denounces use of energy as weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Your post always have the same axe to grind as in America bad, bad, bad! Good grief man it's really getting old.
    No one can deny that he does what you say. However, I am not seeing anyone actually use logic and facts to discredit his arguments. Just attacks on him, like you did, in order to discredit him. Ad Hominem, like.

    Personally, I think on the whole, America is a force for good in the world. But, we are not perfect. Sometimes we are fed propaganda by our own institutions. For some reason with regard to Ukraine, this seems to be very true. At times like these, I enjoy having people like DaveFagan around to point out some of the hows and whys.

    So, if you think he's wrong, why don't you go find the facts and logic to put his arguments down.
    You can never be safe from a government that can keep you completely safe from each other and the world. You must choose.

  8. #8
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Kerry denounces use of energy as weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Kerry denounces use of energy as weapon
    "BRUSSELS (AP) U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is denouncing the use of energy as a weapon, a day after Russia sharply hiked the price for natural gas to Ukraine.
    Kerry says supplies of oil and gas have to be secured throughout the world in order to prevent their being used as political leverage or tools of aggression. He said no nation should be able to use energy to "stymie a people's aspirations."
    Kerry spoke Wednesday at a meeting of the US-EU Energy Council at European Union headquarters in Brussels.
    Russia also threatened to reclaim billions in previous discounts for Ukraine, raising the heat on its cash-strapped government. The move is expected to eventually hit Ukrainian consumers hard. Household gas prices in Ukraine are set to rise 50 percent beginning May 1."


    Does this mean that since Putin was selling gas to Ukraine at 60% of World market, that the USA and IMF are going to sell Ukraine dollars at 60% of World market value?

    Does this reflect an organized demonization of Russia/Putin? Putin was selling Ukraine discount energy.

    Will Western Media co-operate in this demonization?

    The Russian cheap gas was the only foreign effort to help Ukraine and should Russia be punished for helping Ukraine?

    Is John Kerry a moron and just using the World Stage to prove it?

    Is john Kerry promoting "Moronomics." or is he really that dumb?

    Was cheap energy helping or hurting Ukraine?
    Well, let me see here Dave.
    Hypothetical Hyperbole;
    Two days ago, you were my friend, I own the gas station down on the corner from where we both live.

    Yesterday, my dog got out of the yard, came over to your place and pissed on the tire of your beautiful chrome clad pickup truck. Then, you backed out of your driveway, and deliberately ran my poor dog down, killing him.

    My wife came out of our house shocked that you would do such a thing, she shouted at you, and you shouted obscenities at her that I can't repeat in this forum.

    Today, you stopped at my gas station, and bought 10 bucks worth of ethyl. When you approached the counter to pay, you handed me a 10, and I told you that your price now Dave, was 20, because of your personality, because you ran down our dog, and because you shouted obscenities at my wife.

    See what happens when you end up being a bad neighbor? You pay through the ass.

    I do understand many veterans, and hard core right wingers hate Kerry.
    Last edited by AJiveMan; 04-02-14 at 11:06 AM.

  9. #9
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,312

    Re: Kerry denounces use of energy as weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Well, let me see here Dave.
    Hypothetical Hyperbole;
    Two days ago, you were my friend, I own the gas station down on the corner from where we both live.

    Yesterday, my dog got out of the yard, came over to your place and pissed on the tire of your beautiful chrome clad pickup truck. Then, you backed out of your driveway, and deliberately ran my poor dog down, killing him.

    My wife came out of our house shocked that you would do such a thing, she shouted at you, and you shouted obscenities at her that I can't repeat in this forum.

    Today, you stopped at my gas station, and bought 10 bucks worth of ethyl. When you approached the counter to pay, you handed me a 10, and I told you that your price now Dave, was 20, because of your personality, because you ran down our dog, and because you shouted obscenities at my wife.

    See what happens when you end up being a bad neighbor? You pay through the ass.

    I do understand many veterans, and hard core right wingers hate Kerry.
    Hot dam y'all, ah swar. You've got the right talent to get a job with Kerry. Actually, I'm a Vietnam veteran and like John Kerry, but when moron beckons for recognition, it's only fitting to publicize it. He's angry because Putin was selling gas at sixty cents on the dollar. Friendly like, eh?

  10. #10
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Kerry denounces use of energy as weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Hot dam y'all, ah swar. You've got the right talent to get a job with Kerry. Actually, I'm a Vietnam veteran and like John Kerry, but when moron beckons for recognition, it's only fitting to publicize it. He's angry because Putin was selling gas at sixty cents on the dollar. Friendly like, eh?
    Putin just loves his neighbors, doesn't he?

    That must be why there's 40,000 Russkie troops amassed at Ukraine's border, he wan't to make sure the Ukraine is nice, secure and safe.

    Since Russia isn't going to lend the Ukraine any more rubles, they need to have funds to operate their government, maybe they should tax Ukrainian property owners?
    Last edited by AJiveMan; 04-02-14 at 11:29 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •