View Poll Results: Is America ready for a fat President?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 54.55%
  • No

    20 45.45%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53

Thread: Is America ready for a fat President?

  1. #11
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,823

    Re: Is America ready for a fat President?

    If he comes across as charismatic, he can easily overcome it. He already has. That has not been his problem, at least not recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,264

    Re: Is America ready for a fat President?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Is
    America ready for a fat President?

    Somebody with the physical stature of a Chris Christie, but with less seemingly corrupt baggage.

    Point 1: He was elected Governor. Yeah, but Governor is not President.

    Point 2: We had Taft as President, and he was quite the hefty guy. Yeah, but that was literally 100 years ago. Time and attitudes change. A man with a full beard would have a hard time being elected in today's political environment, and we have many of those in our past, also.

    So, is America ready for a fat President?

    ETA: Please note that the question is not about Christie specifically. He is just a ready example. It is a generic question in nature.
    Whe had a Fat President not too long ago.

    Bill Clinton

  3. #13
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,152

    Re: Is America ready for a fat President?

    Why not? We elected a black guy. Twice.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #14
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,404

    Re: Is America ready for a fat President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Teddy Roosevelt, McKinley and Cleveland also come to mind... sure why not? It's less to do with their physical appearance and more to do with how they govern.
    Garfield, Harrison, Taft and Hoover were all up there.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  5. #15
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,190

    Re: Is America ready for a fat President?

    Well I'm surprised you haven't had one already, the Obese Party could easily get a majority of votes. You are going run out of thin candidates eventually.

  6. #16
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,264

    Re: Is America ready for a fat President?

    Sure. It's still up in the air whether Hillary is going to run, or not though.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,823

    Re: Is America ready for a fat President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Well I'm surprised you haven't had one already, the Obese Party could easily get a majority of votes. You are going run out of thin candidates eventually.
    Yeah, really. More and more Americans can certainly identify with him
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #18
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,292

    Re: Is America ready for a fat President?

    I see fat as glutonous and lacking self-discipline. I believe it, because I tell my children that. There are probably exceptions, like being on steroid medication, but generally speaking I stand by my answer. I know I'll get some flak for this.

  9. #19
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Is America ready for a fat President?

    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #20
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Is America ready for a fat President?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Is America ready for a fat President?

    Somebody with the physical stature of a Chris Christie, but with less seemingly corrupt baggage.

    Point 1: He was elected Governor. Yeah, but Governor is not President.

    Point 2: We had Taft as President, and he was quite the hefty guy. Yeah, but that was literally 100 years ago. Time and attitudes change. A man with a full beard would have a hard time being elected in today's political environment, and we have many of those in our past, also.

    So, is America ready for a fat President?

    ETA: Please note that the question is not about Christie specifically. He is just a ready example. It is a generic question in nature.
    The question would never be asked if Hillary weighed 250 lbs.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •