View Poll Results: How do you feel about interracial couples

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong to date and have children with other races

    3 2.44%
  • It depends on the race

    1 0.81%
  • Interracial couples and children are completely acceptable to me

    113 91.87%
  • I have mixed feelings

    6 4.88%
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 476

Thread: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

  1. #451
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,782

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post

    Why do you hate diversity so much that you want to erase it from the world?
    Genetic diversity? You cannot reduce genetic diversity by marrying into larger and more varied gene pools. You are referring only to a visual, from what I read....that all skin colors will start to look the same?

    The gene pool will still continue to diversify, the gene for melanin tends to be very dominant but all the other genes are still present and recombining...for more and more diversity...not less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #452
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    ???????????????????????????????????????????
    As I expected. As with most, you are blind to your own inconsistencies and hypocrisy on this issue.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #453
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I'm fine with inter-racial couples. I just don't understand how they had to change the definition of traditional marriage in order to force their unions in our face. Call their relationships whatever you like, just don't call it marriage.... ;-)
    At first I thought you were kidding, but it appears from your subsequent posts that you are serious. Since that's the case, let me first of all say this, I don't want you shoving your definition of traditional marriage in my face.

    Next of all, why do you support this so called "traditional marriage" definition in the first place? Seven score and thirteen years ago, these words were spoken by Confederate Vice President Alexander Stephens:
    The new Constitution has put at rest forever all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institutions—African slavery as it exists among us—the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson, in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the "rock upon which the old Union would split." He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old Constitution were, that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with; but the general opinion of the men of that day was, that, somehow or other, in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away... Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the idea of a Government built upon it—when the "storm came and the wind blew, it fell."

    Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and moral condition.
    Is this the cornerstone on which your traditions rest?

    Do you hold to the tradition that black people are not equal to white people, and that the natural condition of black people is to be subordinate to the superior white race?

  4. #454
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,782

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    There's nothing that you could do to me to transform me into a liberal. People become what their natures lead them to be.
    Do different races have different natures?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #455
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Enoch Powell's legacy:
    Here's the problem for your argument. If you inflict AIDS on yourself, then you have to suffer through taking a nasty drug cocktail for the rest of your life and watch your body degrade over time. There is no point in blaming the physician who diagnosed you with AIDS nor the sex counselor who warned you that you shouldn't purposefully inflict AIDS on yourself. The nasty drug cocktail WOULD NOT be needed AT ALL if you hadn't purposely infected yourself with HIV.

  6. #456
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Here's the problem for your argument. If you inflict AIDS on yourself, then you have to suffer through taking a nasty drug cocktail for the rest of your life and watch your body degrade over time. There is no point in blaming the physician who diagnosed you with AIDS nor the sex counselor who warned you that you shouldn't purposefully inflict AIDS on yourself. The nasty drug cocktail WOULD NOT be needed AT ALL if you hadn't purposely infected yourself with HIV.
    So in your opinion interracial marriage is analogous to AIDS? And are you the wise physician and sex counselor?

  7. #457
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    At first I thought you were kidding, but it appears from your subsequent posts that you are serious. Since that's the case, let me first of all say this, I don't want you shoving your definition of traditional marriage in my face.

    Next of all, why do you support this so called "traditional marriage" definition in the first place? Seven score and thirteen years ago, these words were spoken by Confederate Vice President Alexander Stephens:


    Is this the cornerstone on which your traditions rest?

    Do you hold to the tradition that black people are not equal to white people, and that the natural condition of black people is to be subordinate to the superior white race?
    I was kidding in my original post. I have no issues with inter-racial marriage. Subsequently I was pointing out that there are many who are anti marriage equality for same sex couples that cannot see their hypocrisy by claiming that "Traditional Marriage" included inter-racial couples.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #458
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Do different races have different natures?
    Um, yes, why wouldn't they? The big 5 personality traits are all significantly heritable so the very process which brought about racial groups, reproductively isolated breeding groups, will also bring about personality differences between the groups. You'd have to be a Liberal Creationist to reject evolution. This is really elementary stuff, in fact if you open your eyes and observe the world around you you can actually see it playing out.


  9. #459
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I was kidding in my original post. I have no issues with inter-racial marriage. Subsequently I was pointing out that there are many who are anti marriage equality for same sex couples that cannot see their hypocrisy by claiming that "Traditional Marriage" included inter-racial couples.
    I am very, very sorry. Please accept my sincere apologies. That's what I thought you meant originally. I became confused in subsequent posts.

  10. #460
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Bill Nye that statistics guy! WOW!

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •