View Poll Results: How do you feel about interracial couples

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong to date and have children with other races

    3 2.44%
  • It depends on the race

    1 0.81%
  • Interracial couples and children are completely acceptable to me

    113 91.87%
  • I have mixed feelings

    6 4.88%
Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 476

Thread: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

  1. #351
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Alright, enough of this. Snip.

    On topic, so do you think the only reason someone would have a negative gut reaction to an interracial couple is because they're racist?
    Totally butting in here. Just out of curiosity (sincerely) what would other reasons be?
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  2. #352
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    No rivers of blood either.





  3. #353
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Last week I took a yoga class.

    Yeah, that's how much sense you're making right now.
    You made it sound like my having a perspective that I bring to this issue is somehow a bad thing. I was just wondering if you were pure, you know, you had no opinions or world view at all, because you've established that having a perspective on issues is something that is frowned upon.

  4. #354
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Is it possible to cheat on God?
    Contrary to popular belief he is not omnipresent. Besides, Odin is way hotter.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  5. #355
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    You made it sound like my having a perspective that I bring to this issue is somehow a bad thing. I was just wondering if you were pure, you know, you had no opinions or world view at all, because you've established that having a perspective on issues is something that is frowned upon.
    Are you trying to imply that all perspectives are worthy of respect?
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  6. #356
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    So you're flexible? Nice. Very nice.
    And I don't break.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  7. #357
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Totally butting in here. Just out of curiosity (sincerely) what would other reasons be?
    I can think of a few. Feeling threatened by the competition, jealousy, feeling territorial...
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  8. #358
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Are you trying to imply that all perspectives are worthy of respect?
    You're certainly free to try to crush any argument I make. If you can't do that, then I'd say that my argument is worthy of respect.

    Don't hold back, give it your best shot.

    I'm guessing here, but I'm pretty certain that I'm not going to respect your perspective and that's because it's likely to be weak and incoherent and can't withstand challenge. You not respecting my perspective because you can't counter it isn't a good basis for withdrawing respect.

    "He's wrong, I know he's wrong, but I just don't know why he's wrong" is not a winning formula.

  9. #359
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,691
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    According to the poll, only one has a problem.
    Try reading the thread. Quite a few posters have "a problem".

  10. #360
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    You're certainly free to try to crush any argument I make. If you can't do that, then I'd say that my argument is worthy of respect.

    Don't hold back, give it your best shot.

    I'm guessing here, but I'm pretty certain that I'm not going to respect your perspective and that's because it's likely to be weak and incoherent and can't withstand challenge. You not respecting my perspective because you can't counter it isn't a good basis for withdrawing respect.

    "He's wrong, I know he's wrong, but I just don't know why he's wrong" is not a winning formula.
    I'll do that when I have a firmer grasp on what exactly your argument is. So far, all I see you do is use shaky science to build what I suspect to be a justification for racial prejudice. Like you, I'm simply guessing here, though. The jury's still out on that.

    Now what I mean by "shaky science" is that, fascinated as I am by the field of social sciences, it's a field that is constantly reinventing itself, contradicting its own findings, sometimes with speeds that make your head spin. No sooner is one study released, three more will follow that often reverse the original results. That's the bitch when studying humanity and its interactions with itself and the world around it. Humans can be very predictable, but they're also very adaptable and very prone to seek progress and change. Societies are forever evolving and trying to establish lasting patterns in this environment is interesting as hell, but ultimately quite pointless.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •