View Poll Results: How do you feel about interracial couples

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong to date and have children with other races

    3 2.44%
  • It depends on the race

    1 0.81%
  • Interracial couples and children are completely acceptable to me

    113 91.87%
  • I have mixed feelings

    6 4.88%
Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 476

Thread: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

  1. #331
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    It costs $36 dollars to look at it...like I am going to pay that.

    So...your sources are a race obsessed online dating site and a report that costs most people $36 dollars to look at?

    Oh yeah...impeccable credentials...NOT.




    Btw, interesting that you are so interested in these race-based threads (I have seen you post in other ones).

    Do you think that one 'race' is superior to another?

  2. #332
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    But you mind mixed race couples?

    Don't even answer, it's too confusing to follow.
    No. I NEVER said that. Go back and find ONCE where I said it was unacceptable, shouldn't be allowed to happen, or demonized.

    Your post is irresponsible - at best.

  3. #333
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    A bit of context:


    "John Enoch Powell, MBE (/ˈdʒɒn ˈiːnɒk paʊl/; 16 June 1912 8 February 1998) was a British politician, classical scholar, linguist and poet. He served as a Conservative Member of Parliament (MP) (195074), Ulster Unionist Party (UUP) MP (19741987), and Minister of Health (196063). He attained most prominence in 1968, when he made a controversial speech on immigration, now widely referred to as the "Rivers of Blood" speech. In response, he was dismissed from his position as Shadow Defence Secretary (196568) in the Shadow Cabinet of Edward Heath..

    on 20 April 1968, he made a controversial speech in Birmingham in which he warned his audience of what he believed would be the consequences of continued unchecked immigration from the Commonwealth to Britain. Above all, it is an allusion to the Roman poet Virgil towards the end of the speech which has been remembered, giving the speech its colloquial name:

    As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding. Like the Roman, I seem to see 'the River Tiber foaming with much blood'. That tragic and intractable phenomenon which we watch with horror on the other side of the Atlantic but which there is interwoven with the history and existence of the States itself, is coming upon us here by our own volition and our own neglect. Indeed, it has all but come. In numerical terms, it will be of American proportions long before the end of the 20th century. Only resolute and urgent action will avert it even now.

    The Times declared it "an evil speech", stating, "This is the first time that a serious British politician has appealed to racial hatred in this direct way in our postwar history."[23]

    The main political issue addressed by the speech was not immigration as such, however. It was the introduction by the Labour Government of the Race Relations Act 1968, which Powell found offensive and immoral. The Act would prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race in certain areas of British life, particularly housing, where many local authorities had been refusing to provide houses for immigrant families until they had lived in the country for a certain number of years.[24][25]

    One feature of his speech was the extensive quotation of a letter he claimed to have received detailing the experiences of one of his constituents in Wolverhampton. The writer described the fate of an elderly woman who was supposedly the last white person living in her street. She had repeatedly refused applications from nonwhites requiring rooms-to-let, which resulted in her being called a "racialist" outside her home and receiving "excreta" through her letterbox.[26][27]"
    Wikipedia

    Yeah, I think most perceptive people have already figured out there's a clear agenda at work here.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  4. #334
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    1. You used emotional language. But maybe you're just an emotional guy all the time. I don't know you. My impression is that you're all worked up.

    2. You called me mentally retarded, so you actually insulted me.

    3.)So, to that, and to anyone else who thinks my thoughts/feelings on interracial couples is "retarded," it doesn't bother me one bit. You're a post on a computer screen. I can get rid of you with one click. Doesn't affect me.

    4.). I didn't say you had a hangup, I said IF you have a problem with the way I think, that's your hangup and not something I'm concerned about.
    1.) nope thats your false perception
    the emotion i have is complete humor over she must have herpes lol

    2.) now you are just lying i NEVER called you mentally retarded. Once again you are showing a sever lack of perception.

    3.) again never implied that you care about people pointing out your false statments and the illogical nature of the logic you provided. FOr some reason you keep repeating it though, weird. Make sure you tell us in your next post too lol

    5.) and again its a strawman because i have no hang up nor do i care your feelings on it lol

    please try to keep up and discuss things that were actually and factually said
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #335
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    It costs $36 dollars to look at it...like I am going to pay that.
    Is it my problem that you don't have academic access to the source? Go to a library if you want to run it down, they can get it for you for free.

    So...your sources are a race obsessed online dating site and a report that costs most people $36 dollars to look at?
    A race obsessed dating site? What are you babbling about? OK Cupid is a huge, mainstream dating site and they do all sorts of dating analysis from their massive database. They can probably tell you your likelihood of having sex on the first date. There's nothing about them that says that they're race obsessed, that's only you attempting to smear them.

    You asked for links and you don't offer a one, not a single criticism of their findings, all you come up with it to call them names. Pathetic.

    Btw, interesting that you are so interested in these race-based threads (I have seen you post in other ones).
    Yeah, I'm obsessed about human diversity just like a marine biologist is obsessed about dolphins or a chef is obsessed with food or an art historian is obsessed with Picasso. I know that this will shock you, but there are entire academic disciplines which study both the genetics of population groups and their cultures.

  6. #336
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) nope thats your false perception
    the emotion i have is complete humor over she must have herpes lol

    2.) now you are just lying i NEVER called you mentally retarded. Once again you are showing a sever lack of perception.

    3.) again never implied that you care about people pointing out your false statments and the illogical nature of the logic you provided. FOr some reason you keep repeating it though, weird. Make sure you tell us in your next post too lol

    5.) and again its a strawman because i have no hang up nor do i care your feelings on it lol

    please try to keep up and discuss things that were actually and factually said

    Alright, enough of this. Snip.

    On topic, so do you think the only reason someone would have a negative gut reaction to an interracial couple is because they're racist?

  7. #337
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Yeah, I think most perceptive people have already figured out there's a clear agenda at work here.
    You don't have beliefs? You're just a woman who does what men tell her to do?

  8. #338
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Alright, enough of this. Snip.

    On topic, so do you think the only reason someone would have a negative gut reaction to an interracial couple is because they're racist?
    lol good grief this strawman again?

    I already told you no

    i couldn't possible answer that question because its such a blanket question. Making an assumption like that would be a total guess, it would be mentally retarded and based on no logic.

    I even pointed out that the reason YOU pointed out seem to be a textbook example of sever insecurity and possibly other social mental issue. Never mentioned racism.

    any other strawman questions?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #339
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    You don't have beliefs? You're just a woman who does what men tell her to do?
    Last week I took a yoga class.

    Yeah, that's how much sense you're making right now.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  10. #340
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Is it my problem that you don't have academic access to the source? Go to a library if you want to run it down, they can get it for you for free.



    A race obsessed dating site? What are you babbling about? OK Cupid is a huge, mainstream dating site and they do all sorts of dating analysis from their massive database. They can probably tell you your likelihood of having sex on the first date. There's nothing about them that says that they're race obsessed, that's only you attempting to smear them.
    They post chart after chart after chart after chart about race...no they are not race obsessed in the slightest...LOL.

    You asked for links and you don't offer a one, not a single criticism of their findings, all you come up with it to call them names. Pathetic.



    Yeah, I'm obsessed about human diversity just like a marine biologist is obsessed about dolphins or a chef is obsessed with food or an art historian is obsessed with Picasso. I know that this will shock you, but there are entire academic disciplines which study both the genetics of population groups and their cultures.

    You have still not answered my question.

    'Do you think that one 'race' is superior to another?'
    Last edited by DA60; 03-31-14 at 08:24 PM.

Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •