View Poll Results: How do you feel about interracial couples

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong to date and have children with other races

    3 2.44%
  • It depends on the race

    1 0.81%
  • Interracial couples and children are completely acceptable to me

    113 91.87%
  • I have mixed feelings

    6 4.88%
Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 476

Thread: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

  1. #321
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Stating things which are not true, doesn't make them true. This sure doesn't look like people are naturally inclined to favor differences:

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    I see one chart - where is the other one from?

  2. #322
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Really?

    You personally know over 1 billion 'guys'?

    Because unless you do, you cannot possibly know what 'most guys' think.

    You might be right or wrong, but making ridiculously, inaccurate statements like that does not further your cause.
    I didn't make the world the way it is, I'm just tossing out an observation I made with as much honesty and realism as I can. If you don't want to believe it, that's on you.

  3. #323
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    The Times declared it "an evil speech", stating, "This is the first time that a serious British politician has appealed to racial hatred in this direct way in our postwar history."[23]
    Why do you include an opinion of a newspaper and omit the following from the source you quote:

    . Powell received almost 120,000 (predominantly positive) letters and a Gallup poll at the end of April showed that 74 per cent of those asked agreed with his speech and only 15 per cent disagreed, 11 per cent unsure. . . .

    After the 'Rivers of Blood' speech Powell was transformed into a national public figure and won huge support across Britain.[3][4] Three days after the speech, on 23 April, as the Race Relations Bill was being debated in the House of Commons, 1,000 dockers marched on Westminster protesting against the "victimisation" of Powell and the next day 400 meat porters from Smithfield market handed in a 92-page petition in support of Powell, amidst other mass demonstrations of working class support, much of it from trade unionists, in London and Wolverhampton.[10]:354

    The future Labour leader Michael Foot remarked to a reporter that it was "tragic" that this "outstanding personality" had been widely misunderstood as predicting actual bloodshed in Britain, when in fact he had used the Aeneid quotation merely to communicate his own sense of foreboding.[1]

    Thirty years after the speech, Edward Heath admitted that Powell's remarks on the "economic burden of immigration" had been "not without prescience."[1]

    In an interview for Today shortly after her departure from office in 1991, Margaret Thatcher said that Powell had "made a valid argument, if in sometimes regrettable terms

    And then of course we have the ability to test his analysis against reality. Was he correct or incorrect?

    Something quite remarkable happened in London in the first decade of the new millennium. The number of white British people in the capital fell by 620,000 - equivalent to the entire population of Glasgow moving out.

    The consequence, as revealed by the latest census, is that white Brits are now in a minority in London, making up just 45% of its residents.

  4. #324
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    1.)I don't know, you're the one who seems to be getting worked up.
    2.)I'm just laying it all out there because I don't care one bit what anyone thinks of me.
    3.)I think what I think, feel what I feel, and if you don't like it, that's your hangup not mine.
    1.) worked up? how do you come to that conclusion by me laughing and saying how hilarious that is? lol

    seems like just as solid as an assumption as MOST guys feel just like you lol

    2.) never suggested you care what people think of you, another failed strawman, i only pointed out your false statement

    3.) again, another failed strawman, no hang up at all. Pointed out the parts that were wrong and the parts that made no sense

    anything else lol?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #325
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I see one chart - where is the other one from?

    Right here
    .

  6. #326
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Why do you include an opinion of a newspaper and omit the following from the source you quote:

    . Powell received almost 120,000 (predominantly positive) letters and a Gallup poll at the end of April showed that 74 per cent of those asked agreed with his speech and only 15 per cent disagreed, 11 per cent unsure. . . .

    After the 'Rivers of Blood' speech Powell was transformed into a national public figure and won huge support across Britain.[3][4] Three days after the speech, on 23 April, as the Race Relations Bill was being debated in the House of Commons, 1,000 dockers marched on Westminster protesting against the "victimisation" of Powell and the next day 400 meat porters from Smithfield market handed in a 92-page petition in support of Powell, amidst other mass demonstrations of working class support, much of it from trade unionists, in London and Wolverhampton.[10]:354

    The future Labour leader Michael Foot remarked to a reporter that it was "tragic" that this "outstanding personality" had been widely misunderstood as predicting actual bloodshed in Britain, when in fact he had used the Aeneid quotation merely to communicate his own sense of foreboding.[1]

    Thirty years after the speech, Edward Heath admitted that Powell's remarks on the "economic burden of immigration" had been "not without prescience."[1]

    In an interview for Today shortly after her departure from office in 1991, Margaret Thatcher said that Powell had "made a valid argument, if in sometimes regrettable terms

    And then of course we have the ability to test his analysis against reality. Was he correct or incorrect?

    Something quite remarkable happened in London in the first decade of the new millennium. The number of white British people in the capital fell by 620,000 - equivalent to the entire population of Glasgow moving out.

    The consequence, as revealed by the latest census, is that white Brits are now in a minority in London, making up just 45% of its residents.
    And does "the black man have the whip hand over the white man"?????

    Isnt that Powells grand prediction?! Where is it!!! Where did it come true!!!!

    Your just a racist.

  7. #327
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I didn't make the world the way it is, I'm just tossing out an observation I made with as much honesty and realism as I can. If you don't want to believe it, that's on you.
    I don't care much what your opinion on this is...I am just telling you that to say you know what most men think about something is a ludicrously inaccurate statement.

    But, if you think making such statements helps your credibility...knock yourself out.

  8. #328
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) worked up? how do you come to that conclusion by me laughing and saying how hilarious that is? lol

    seems like just as solid as an assumption as MOST guys feel just like you lol

    2.) never suggested you care what people think of you, another failed strawman, i only pointed out your false statement

    3.) again, another failed strawman, no hang up at all. Pointed out the parts that were wrong and the parts that made no sense

    anything else lol?
    1. You used emotional language. But maybe you're just an emotional guy all the time. I don't know you. My impression is that you're all worked up.

    2. You called me mentally retarded, so you actually insulted me. So, to that, and to anyone else who thinks my thoughts/feelings on interracial couples is "retarded," it doesn't bother me one bit. You're a post on a computer screen. I can get rid of you with one click. Doesn't affect me.

    3. I didn't say you had a hangup, I said IF you have a problem with the way I think, that's your hangup and not something I'm concerned about.

  9. #329
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I don't care much what your opinion on this is...I am just telling you that to say you know what most men think about something is a ludicrously inaccurate statement.

    But, if you think making such statements helps your credibility...knock yourself out.
    I think most people would get the gist of what I was saying, but whatever. Way to go, dude.

  10. #330
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,201

    re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330] Gentlemen... calm and civility please. Address the topic, no ad-hominem attacks.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •