View Poll Results: How do you feel about interracial couples

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong to date and have children with other races

    3 2.44%
  • It depends on the race

    1 0.81%
  • Interracial couples and children are completely acceptable to me

    113 91.87%
  • I have mixed feelings

    6 4.88%
Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 476

Thread: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

  1. #131
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Let's throw some data into the discussion:

    First up is data on the racial preferences expressed by white men and women.

    I just wanted to address this because I found it interesting. Usually people think of prejudices to be either directed at all mixed race relationships or just against mixed race black/white relationships. My mother and grandmother were actually not happy when I started dating a guy in A-school whose parents were East Indian. My mother, although quite intelligent, can be naive on a lot of things, including other cultures. First she mistakenly thought that his parents being from India meant that he was Muslim. Second, she also somehow got it into her head that despite being in the Navy Nuclear Power program with me (meaning he needs a clearance, meaning he had to be a US citizen), he would also have citizenship for some Middle Eastern country (not only was he a full US citizen, but so were his parents). She would never forbid me from dating any particular person (who was legal) especially not after I became an adult, but she did start "warning" me.

    I mention this because I found it interesting looking at this first chart and seeing that East Indian and Middle Eastern men are the most excluded men by white women. I'm sure that part of it is due to the fear (whether warranted or not should be based on the individual, not the group, and their particular circumstances) of how both of these cultures treat women within relationships.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #132
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Data implying what sorts of mate the average person chooses for themselves has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not interracial couples are acceptable.
    Sure it does because it addresses revealed preferences.

  3. #133
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    WOW!!! Sounds like that's where I need to go!
    Vietnamese women were gorgeous. Not that many, if any really, where I live now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    In Europe the guys say American girls.are easy, but I am not an expert on these things.
    When I went to Europe I found the European girls easy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #135
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I just wanted to address this because I found it interesting. Usually people think of prejudices to be either directed at all mixed race relationships or just against mixed race black/white relationships. My mother and grandmother were actually not happy when I started dating a guy in A-school whose parents were East Indian. My mother, although quite intelligent, can be naive on a lot of things, including other cultures. First she mistakenly thought that his parents being from India meant that he was Muslim. Second, she also somehow got it into her head that despite being in the Navy Nuclear Power program with me (meaning he needs a clearance, meaning he had to be a US citizen), he would also have citizenship for some Middle Eastern country (not only was he a full US citizen, but so were his parents). She would never forbid me from dating any particular person (who was legal) especially not after I became an adult, but she did start "warning" me.

    I mention this because I found it interesting looking at this first chart and seeing that East Indian and Middle Eastern men are the most excluded men by white women. I'm sure that part of it is due to the fear (whether warranted or not should be based on the individual, not the group, and their particular circumstances) of how both of these cultures treat women within relationships.
    What do you make of the male exclusion of females? Is it their hirsuiteness or religion or what?

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Let's throw some data into the discussion
    WOW!!!

    Here's a study for you

    British men typically have bigger penises than the French - but are less well endowed than German guys, new research claims.

    The average British man's penis is apparently 5.5in when erect - coming ahead of the French at 5.3in, Australians (5.2in), Americans (5.1in) and Irish (5in).

    And it towers over the average manhood in North and South Korea - the smallest in the study at a mere 3.8 in.

    But British men do not have a great deal to shout about in the trouser stakes - coming only 78th out of 113 nationalities covered in the study.

    The men of Africa's Republic of Congo are best equipped of all at 7.1 in.

    They are closely followed by Ecuadoreans at 7in, Ghanaians at 6.8in and Colombians at 6.7in.

    In Europe, Icelanders are the best endowed at 6.5in and the Irish are the second smallest at 5.03in - behind only Romanians at 5.01in.

    Africans have the biggest penises at an average of 6.3in and north-east Asians the smallest at 4.2in.

    Brits come in just under the Germans, who are bang on the European average of 5.7in.

    The sensitive subject has been tackled by Richard Lynn, emeritus professor of psychology at Ulster University.

    He is known for voicing the controversial view that evolutionary pressures have led to racial and national differences in intelligence.

    Mr Lynn says that the findings confirm previous theories of "race differences in penis length."

    He concludes: "For most populations penis length are predictable and confirmed."
    Say it loud, I'M BLACK AND PROUD!

    So my man, you can marry em, just send em to me to get em all prepped up before you do!!!!

  7. #137
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Sure it does because it addresses revealed preferences.
    Personal preference and one's feelings on general acceptability or appropriateness are totally different things, sort of like whether or not one likes to drink milk and whether or not one finds the consumption of milk acceptable are two totally different things.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  8. #138
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Vietnamese women were gorgeous. Not that many, if any really, where I live now.
    You have to learn how to analyze what you see about you. Look at the mother of the young woman. Plenty of women, of different races, look fine when they're young but things turn around when they hit the wall.

  9. #139
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Personal preference and one's feelings on general acceptability or appropriateness are totally different things, sort of like whether or not one likes to drink milk and whether or not one finds the consumption of milk acceptable are two totally different things.
    And comparing revealed preferences to expressed preferences helps to reveal disparities which might indicate that people are not being truthful.

  10. #140
    Sage
    Lovebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,876

    re: Are interracial couples acceptable?[ W: 330]

    I heard enough people say that races don't mix. That is until that cute little grand baby comes along.

Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •