View Poll Results: Which Presidential primary race do you think will be the most interesting in 2016?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Democrat

    6 14.63%
  • Republican

    35 85.37%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 104

Thread: Which Presidential primary race do you think will be the most interesting in 2016?

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Which Presidential primary race do you think will be the most interesting in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    So your complaints about violent nausea inducing acts of freedom amount to gay rights and women's rights? Wow...
    In public places, those were two easy examples. There are a ton of private businesses that I avoid like the plague for any number of reasons including (but not limited to)... the gender and sexual preferences of their employees/owners, their lack of security, the company's whose products they sell, etc....

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    How does two men holding hands or sneaking in a quick peck effect you? Have you tried not staring at gay couples? Change the channel if you don't like the tune.
    As someone who believes in personal self-defense, simply not paying attention to everyone and everything around me is not an option. That's why I don't go out as much as many other people do. I can't both maintain situational awareness and keep my stomach from tying itself in knots.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    I'll take a free society where I might see/hear something that grosses me out over an authoritarian one where such acts are criminalized and people are imprisoned for harmless acts of love.

    "l really dig what they do with homosexuals in this country. They put 'em in prison with a lot of other men. That's really good punishment." - Lenny Bruce
    No, not prison. The morgue. Much more effective that way.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,916

    Re: Which Presidential primary race do you think will be the most interesting in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    The vast majority of people don't want to think about waht Conservatism truly is, because it is neither easy nor fun to live under the rule of. It expects people to do what SHOULD be done, not necessarily what they WANT to do.
    More broad and subjective rhetoric.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  3. #73
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,916

    Re: Which Presidential primary race do you think will be the most interesting in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    That's wonderful except that all too often your "Freedom" isn't kept behind closed doors or inside private businesses. All too often it's brought out fully into the open and public spaces, where I do have to deal with it, and the violent nausea that much of it causes me on a daily basis.
    Well, get over it.

    As for me and every other freedomlover, I'd rather deal with your nausea of two men kissing than the oppressive hand of a State that wishes to force its ideals upon the rest of us.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  4. #74
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sønderborg, Denmark
    Last Seen
    06-01-14 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    136

    Re: Which Presidential primary race do you think will be the most interesting in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    For example Gay and Lesbian couples engaged in PDA's in public places. My fiance and I (a heterosexual couple) don't even do that. It's not appropriate, especially in same-sex couples. Having to deal with female police officers, EMT's or other public officers. Those are not appropriate roles for women to be undertaking.

    This isn't surprising to hear from you i.e: total bigotry. You and Islamic fundamentalism have quite a lot in common, actually.

    As you said earlier:

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I espouse total Isolationism. Social, Economic, Military, etc.... I have no problem going back even as far as the living standards of the 12th Century if necessary. Liberty and Freedom are not fundamental. LAW and ORDER are the fundamental ideals of society.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Which Presidential primary race do you think will be the most interesting in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    Well, get over it.

    As for me and every other freedomlover, I'd rather deal with your nausea of two men kissing than the oppressive hand of a State that wishes to force its ideals upon the rest of us.
    Sorry, "getting over it" isn't an option. Just as walking into that restaurant with the "No Weapons Allowed" sign on the front door or getting my banking done by a female teller are not options. Some of us actually have convictions and principles that we live by. I understand those things are not popular anymore, but a few of us do still believe in them.

    The oppressive hand of State is only necessary because you folks refuse to follow the rules without it.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Which Presidential primary race do you think will be the most interesting in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Konig View Post
    This isn't surprising to hear from you i.e: total bigotry. You and Islamic fundamentalism have quite a lot in common, actually.
    Yes, we do. I've never denied that in any way.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,916

    Re: Which Presidential primary race do you think will be the most interesting in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Sorry, "getting over it" isn't an option. Just as walking into that restaurant with the "No Weapons Allowed" sign on the front door
    A private business has every right to say no to guns on their premises. Just as you have a right to not allow a woman with an ankle exposed into your house.

    or getting my banking done by a female teller are not options.
    Sometimes I have trouble believing you are for real Tigger.

    Some of us actually have convictions and principles that we live by.
    There is a difference between having convictions and principles and having the belief that one's own principles must be forced on the rest of society.

    I understand those things are not popular anymore, but a few of us do still believe in them.
    No, they are popular. It's just YOUR principles aren't popular.

    The oppressive hand of State is only necessary because you folks refuse to follow the rules without it.
    I'm sorry but I will continue to walk outside with shorts, promote feminist literature, curse when I deem it necessary, and drink when I have the desire to drink. Those actions have done nothing to hurt your own life. Any ulcers you get over this fact is simply due to your own insecurities. Not my problem.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  8. #78
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Which Presidential primary race do you think will be the most interesting in 2016

    Originally Posted by Lachean
    How does two men holding hands or sneaking in a quick peck effect you? Have you tried not staring at gay couples? Change the channel if you don't like the tune.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    As someone who believes in personal self-defense, simply not paying attention to everyone and everything around me is not an option. That's why I don't go out as much as many other people do. I can't both maintain situational awareness and keep my stomach from tying itself in knots.
    Then that is the cost to your safety.


  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Which Presidential primary race do you think will be the most interesting in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    A private business has every right to say no to guns on their premises. Just as you have a right to not allow a woman with an ankle exposed into your house.
    Yes they do, just as I have the right to make sure that every gun owner in Worcester County knows that they should not be frequenting that place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    Sometimes I have trouble believing you are for real Tigger.
    That's your business, not mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    There is a difference between having convictions and principles and having the belief that one's own principles must be forced on the rest of society.
    Not really. If you're not willing to vociferously espouse your convictions and principles both in how you live and what you say, then do you really believe in them?

    Show me what a man will kill or die for and I'll show you what he believe in. Show me what he will not kill or die for and I'll show you what he doesn't really care about at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    No, they are popular. It's just YOUR principles aren't popular.
    Believing steadfastly in something that is Wrong is not a Principle, Geoist. It's a sign of insanity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    I'm sorry but I will continue to walk outside with shorts, promote feminist literature, curse when I deem it necessary, and drink when I have the desire to drink. Those actions have done nothing to hurt your own life.
    At lesat two or three of those specifically listed items can have an effect on others, but I'm not going to waste either of our time debating it.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Which Presidential primary race do you think will be the most interesting in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    Then that is the cost to your safety.
    Which is why I prefer not to go out any more than absolutely necessary.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •