View Poll Results: Your opinion?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, They should not be allowed to donate

    3 5.88%
  • Yes, They should be allowed to donate

    44 86.27%
  • No, I would not accept a donation

    1 1.96%
  • Yes, I would accept a donation

    30 58.82%
  • Other Opinion

    4 7.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 66

Thread: Oregon Death Row Inmate wants To Donate His Organs

  1. #11
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Oregon Death Row Inmate wants To Donate His Organs

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Two questions: (poll is multiple choice)

    1. Should death row inmates be allowed to donate organs?

    2. Would you accept a donation from a death row inmate?

    Here is the story:

    NEWBERG, Ore. (AP) – Oregon death row inmate Christian Longo wants to donate a kidney to a Newberg man so desperate he’s been standing on a corner with a sign asking for an organ.

    Longo says he and other inmates would be interested in donating organs if they were allowed.

    In 2003, Longo was sentenced to death for killing his wife and three children on the Oregon coast. He has become an advocate for inmate organ donation and wanted to donate his organs after his execution. Gov. John Kitzhaber’s moratorium on executions in 2011 halted that idea.
    Death row inmate wants to donate organs | KOIN.com
    I have no issue with this.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Oregon Death Row Inmate wants To Donate His Organs

    People all to often refuse to look at unintended consequences. I mean besides Sarah Palin who knew there would be a govt issued death panel?


    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Actually, that's a piss-poor reason to allow people to die for want of a kidney. Our organ transplant system is pretty secure. If it isn't? Make it so.

  3. #13
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Oregon Death Row Inmate wants To Donate His Organs

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    People all to often refuse to look at unintended consequences. I mean besides Sarah Palin who knew there would be a govt issued death panel?
    If she did, she was joined by a bunch of conspiracy hackers.

  4. #14
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,555

    Re: Oregon Death Row Inmate wants To Donate His Organs

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Two questions: (poll is multiple choice)

    1. Should death row inmates be allowed to donate organs?

    2. Would you accept a donation from a death row inmate?

    Here is the story:

    NEWBERG, Ore. (AP) – Oregon death row inmate Christian Longo wants to donate a kidney to a Newberg man so desperate he’s been standing on a corner with a sign asking for an organ.

    Longo says he and other inmates would be interested in donating organs if they were allowed.

    In 2003, Longo was sentenced to death for killing his wife and three children on the Oregon coast. He has become an advocate for inmate organ donation and wanted to donate his organs after his execution. Gov. John Kitzhaber’s moratorium on executions in 2011 halted that idea.
    Death row inmate wants to donate organs | KOIN.com
    Of course, he should be allowed to donate organs, and, were I in need of a kidney, of course I'd accept one from a convicted killer. His kidneys didn't kill anyone, after all. What's the difference?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #15
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Oregon Death Row Inmate wants To Donate His Organs

    Seems like a no-brainer, to me. What possible reason is there to disallow these people from donating? And anyone who would care about the source of an organ that is going to save their life is probably too crazy to make good use of it anyway.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,293

    Re: Oregon Death Row Inmate wants To Donate His Organs

    If the donor is suitable, why not make organ donation one of the methods of execution for Capital crimes.
    It'll test the sincerity of guys like Longo and it'll piss off a whole bunch of the others on death row.

  7. #17
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Oregon Death Row Inmate wants To Donate His Organs

    As long as the organ was removed prior to the death sentence being carried out, and as long as this action has no bearing on the murderers sentence, then great, do it.

    I don't see why saving a life through transplant should be stopped because of who the donor is. If the organ is compatible, do it.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Oregon Death Row Inmate wants To Donate His Organs

    Yes, they should be allowed but only to either family or people who know that they are receiving organs from an executed murderer.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  9. #19
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Oregon Death Row Inmate wants To Donate His Organs

    They shouldn't have any choice about it at all. They should be mandatory donors.

    Anyone dumb enough to reject a life saving organ simply because the donor was a convicted killer is definitely too stupid to waste such an organ on (too stupid to be allowed to live, in fact) and thus they should be banned from receiving any organs from anyone.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #20
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Oregon Death Row Inmate wants To Donate His Organs

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I think it's a wonderful idea and can't imagine why there'd be any resistance to it at all. In fact, I can't imagine why it isn't available to them.

    The organ donation system is so screwy, in my opinion. The only person who doesn't make a tidy piece of change is the organ donor. Everybody else? The doctors involved, the nursing staff, the hospitals, the organ donation bureau, etc.? Cha-Ching!!
    Agreed, but it has to do maybe with how to execute him. You can't execute someone by poisoning them (the needle) and maybe still use the organs.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •