1. They write laws that apply to us, but then exempt themselves! Never have figured out why we're supposed to be happy with that arrangement.
2. They decide how much money they should receive in salaries, and when they want more, they vote to give it to themselves. Nice!
3. Most people work at jobs that have work hours predetermined. ie, 40-hour work week, with vacation time granted after a year. Congress is in recess many times during the year, for a week or more at a time. I haven't totaled up how much time they weren't on the job last year, but it was a darn site more than most workers get in this Country.
4. The example you cited above regarding preferred parking is a perk they decided they should have without having to pay for it. As a result, the airport lost over three-quarters of a million dollars in revenue. Guess who pays for that in increased cost of tickets, etc, for everyone else?
5. These people are being paid six-figure salaries by us to represent us, yet they don't listen to what we want, but do what they want to do, based on how much money they receive from lobbyists to do their bidding.
Elitists? You bet they are! Disgusting! Maybe that's what we get for electing attorneys to run our government, instead of people who have common sense!
Which don't forget the Other privileged class.....which would be the Media. Plus all their assistants. Quite bit of waste. But I think if they had reporters and people hounding them. I think then we can give them the Attitude and Altitude Adjustments.
Mornin Lady P. Yeah I think attorneys and economists shouldn't be leading the way. Their tools to be used. When applicable.
Getting Elected and as soon as they start making the Camera's eye. Then they tend to forget they are servants.
I am willing to bet we could find tons of wasteful spending and living the high-life with our Congress Critters......with only those that have been around for 20 yrs. The ones like Feinstein and McCain, and Rangel.
What other public services do they take advantage of.....is what we all should know.