View Poll Results: Is FOX News biased?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    63 76.83%
  • No

    17 20.73%
  • I don't know.

    2 2.44%
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 192

Thread: Is FOX news biased?

  1. #21
    Banned Trajan Octavian Titus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    We can't stop here this is bat country!
    Last Seen
    03-05-08 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    20,915

    Re: Is FOX news biased?

    In a survey conducted by the American Society of Newspaper Editors in 1997, 61% of reporters stated that they were members of or shared the beliefs of the Democratic. Only 15% say their beliefs were best represented by the Republican. A survey by the PEW research center and Project for Excellence in Journalism in 2004 found 34% of journalists describing themselves as liberal, 54% as moderate, and 7% as conservative.

    Media bias in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  2. #22
    Too big to fail
    niftydrifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    03-03-16 @ 02:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,725

    Re: Is FOX news biased?

    Quote Originally Posted by TOT
    Any topic anytime.
    ok, how about this one:

    are the findings of the UCLA study (that found Fox to be centrist) sound?

    private debate? you and me? I'll set it up and propose some parameters.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3227&dateline=1247527  127

  3. #23
    Too big to fail
    niftydrifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    03-03-16 @ 02:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,725

    Re: Is FOX news biased?

    Quote Originally Posted by TOT
    In a survey conducted by the American Society of Newspaper Editors in 1997, 61% of reporters stated that they were members of or shared the beliefs of the Democratic. Only 15% say their beliefs were best represented by the Republican. A survey by the PEW research center and Project for Excellence in Journalism in 2004 found 34% of journalists describing themselves as liberal, 54% as moderate, and 7% as conservative.

    Media bias in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I love it when right wingers respond to charges about the content of news coverage, with examples that have nothing to do with the content of news coverage.

    in order to reach a conclusion about the overall content of news coverage, one *ought to* point to empirical evidence that examines overall content of news coverage.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3227&dateline=1247527  127

  4. #24
    Banned Trajan Octavian Titus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    We can't stop here this is bat country!
    Last Seen
    03-05-08 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    20,915

    Re: Is FOX news biased?

    Quote Originally Posted by niftydrifty View Post
    ok, how about this one:

    are the findings of the UCLA study (that found Fox to be centrist) sound?

    private debate? you and me? I'll set it up and propose some parameters.
    We already debated that one but sure thing maybe this time you can use some of your own thoughts rather than a copy paste job like the last debate we had.

  5. #25
    Banned Trajan Octavian Titus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    We can't stop here this is bat country!
    Last Seen
    03-05-08 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    20,915

    Re: Is FOX news biased?

    Quote Originally Posted by niftydrifty View Post
    I love it when right wingers respond to charges about the content of news coverage, with examples that have nothing to do with the content of news coverage.
    Yes yes, the fact that majority of reporters are liberals has nothing to do with how they report the news.

    in order to reach a conclusion about the overall content of news coverage, one *ought to* point to empirical evidence that examines overall content of news coverage.
    We've done that you just dismiss the scientific analysis.

  6. #26
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Is FOX news biased?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan Octavian Titus View Post
    Chavez is a dictator, they are homicide bombers,
    I don't disagree, but they shouldn't use those terms in their news coverage as though there was no controversy about them whatsoever.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan Octavian Titus
    and his middle name is Hussein
    What possible reason do they have for CONSTANTLY using his middle name in their news feed? I don't know of any other politician who they regularly do this for. What a coincidence that they do it to the one guy who has a Middle Eastern sounding name. I'm sure there's no bias there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan Octavian Titus
    And I would say that any station that refers to them as suicide bombers or Chavez as a legitimate ruler leans to the left.
    "Suicide bomber" was the standard term until the White House started using "homicide bomber." Using the standard term does not imply that it isn't a homicide.

    Similarly, referring to Chavez as "Venezuelan President" instead of "Venezuelan Dictator" does not confer legitimacy. "President" is simply his title and is a neutral term. Saddam Hussein was a president, Vladimir Putin is a president, etc. That doesn't mean that they're freedom-loving democrats. Using the term "dictator" on their news coverage to describe Chavez is silly. Of course he's a dictator, but the fact is that there is controversy about this, so they shouldn't state it as fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan Octavian Titus
    Are you asserting that Hannity is a better debater than Colmes? You're joking right?
    He's certainly louder and more assertive. He talks almost twice as much as Colmes does.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan Octavian Titus
    How many former Clinton cabinet members are on the payrolls of CNN and MSNBC?
    What's your point? Those stations always try to get an opposing view as well...from a skilled debater, not a straw man.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan Octavian Titus
    His outburst wasn't bizarre infact it was another example of how biased CNN is, why do you think he got pissed?
    I have no idea. Carville was just being Carville. Novak should have been used to it by now. But don't change the subject; Novak was on CNN for years and he certainly isn't a RINO or a foil for anyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan Octavian Titus
    Buchanan's a paleo-con.
    Umm no ****. This is relevant how?
    Last edited by Kandahar; 03-14-07 at 10:18 AM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  7. #27
    Too big to fail
    niftydrifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    03-03-16 @ 02:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,725

    Re: Is FOX news biased?

    Quote Originally Posted by TOT
    We already debated that one but sure thing...
    and yet you still point to it as fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by TOT
    ...maybe this time you can use some of your own thoughts rather than a copy paste job like the last debate we had.
    LOL! you sound bitter. I'll debate this too! has TOT *EVER* had an original idea? TOT, you tell us what it was. and we'll see if it wasn't something that one of your heroes already said. LOL!
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3227&dateline=1247527  127

  8. #28
    Too big to fail
    niftydrifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    03-03-16 @ 02:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,725

    Re: Is FOX news biased?

    Quote Originally Posted by TOT
    Yes yes, the fact that majority of reporters are liberals has nothing to do with how they report the news.
    Is Fox News biased? who cares? Let's appease TOT as he goes on quite the offensive rampage, making dozens of posts, bringing up all the standard "liberal media" talking points.

    not all democrats are liberals. and sure, when most "experts" cited on news shows are right-leaning, then it seems that it doesn't have much to do with how they report the news.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3227&dateline=1247527  127

  9. #29
    Banned Trajan Octavian Titus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    We can't stop here this is bat country!
    Last Seen
    03-05-08 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    20,915

    Re: Is FOX news biased?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    I don't disagree, but they shouldn't use those terms in their news coverage as though there was no controversy about them whatsoever.
    What's the controversy? It's a fact, if they were suicide bombers then they wouldn't be killing anyone save for themselves, words mean things.

    What possible reason do they have for CONSTANTLY using his middle name in their news feed? I don't know of any other politician who they regularly do this for. What a coincidence that they do it to the one guy who has a Middle Eastern sounding name. I'm sure there's no bias there.
    I've been watching fox all day today and haven't seen the middle name in there.


    "Suicide bomber" was the standard term until the White House started using "homicide bomber." Using the standard term does not imply that it isn't a homicide.
    Why is an inaccurate description the standard? This is like saying that because all the news is biased it's not biased simply because they all agree to be biased.

    Similarly, referring to Chavez as "Venezuelan President" instead of "Venezuelan Dictator" does not confer legitimacy. "President" is simply his title and is a neutral term. Saddam Hussein was a president, Vladimir Putin is a president, etc. That doesn't mean that they're freedom-loving democrats. Using the term "dictator" on their news coverage to describe Chavez is silly. Of course he's a dictator, but the fact is that there is controversy about this, so they shouldn't state it as fact.
    Again words mean things, President does convey legitimacy just as Dictator conveys illigetimacy.

    He's certainly louder and more assertive. He talks almost twice as much as Colmes does.
    Prove that figure.

    What's your point? Those stations always try to get an opposing view as well, from an equally skilled debater. Carville and Novak, Begala and Carlson, etc.
    Novak and Carlson were on the pay roll of a Republican President?

    I have no idea. Carville was just being Carville. Novak should have been used to it by now.
    No Carville was being a POS.

    Umm no ****. This is relevant how?
    He has about as much in common with modern Republicans as JFK has with modern Democrats.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Stinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The South
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    14,120

    Re: Is FOX news biased?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I don't know...never watched it...don't ever intend to.
    Why not when they present a more accurate and fair view of the news?
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius
    Proud member of the Gang of Five, the gang that is always right!
    No Personal Attacks, if you can't debate the issue go elsewhere.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •