View Poll Results: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Protest his funeral.

    4 6.15%
  • Sing and praise his death from the rooftops.

    9 13.85%
  • Nothing. Ignore it.

    46 70.77%
  • Other

    6 9.23%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 82

Thread: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

    He should be carried by a procession of gays at Gay Days at Walt Disney World in Orlando. Then buried just outside of Arlington National Cemetery under a port a potty.

  2. #62
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    He should be carried by a procession of gays at Gay Days at Walt Disney World in Orlando. Then buried just outside of Arlington National Cemetery under a port a potty.
    No.

    No attention whatsoever should be paid to this event.


    Attention whores do not deserve attention.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #63
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

    Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred Phelps Sr. 'on the edge of death' - NY Daily News

    I say we ignore it. Any attention whatsoever, especially any type of protest, will please the remaining members. I don't want to give them the satisfaction.

    We won't, of course, but that's what would be done if it were my call.
    It's sad that any one dies, this man included. I think it's best to just let it alone and move on.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #64
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,802

    Re: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's sad that any one dies, this man included. I think it's best to just let it alone and move on.
    I disagree, there are many people this planet would be better off without. This person is one of them. Nothing to be sad about, not a darn thing IMO.

    Not that I plan to have a party or anything, but I enjoy the thought of the surprise he'll have when he crosses over.


    A teensy weensy part of me wishes some little mouse would whisper in his ear that gays will be planting flowers on his grave or tomb or whatever. And then pissing on 'him.' But he is a man driven by hate and I do not wish to waste any negative thoughts on him....I hope his entire influence on the planet disappears with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-24-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I disagree, there are many people this planet would be better off without. This person is one of them. Nothing to be sad about, not a darn thing IMO.

    Not that I plan to have a party or anything, but I enjoy the thought of the surprise he'll have when he crosses over.


    A teensy weensy part of me wishes some little mouse would whisper in his ear that gays will be planting flowers on his grave or tomb or whatever. And then pissing on 'him.' But he is a man driven by hate and I do not wish to waste any negative thoughts on him....I hope his entire influence on the planet disappears with him. [bold mine]
    What are you talking about? Your entire comment was nothing but negative energy.

    If people haven't figured out by now that getting people angry is all the Fred Phelps has ever been about, then he wins.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,802

    Re: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del Zeppnile View Post
    What are you talking about? Your entire comment was nothing but negative energy.

    If people haven't figured out by now that getting people angry is all the Fred Phelps has ever been about, then he wins.
    It's silly to think he didnt make people angry....I was angry on behalf of those he harmed...so sue me.

    But I'm not angry about his passing, not in the least, so I did choose to indulge and look at the 'positive' side of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-24-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    It's silly to think he [Fred Phelps] didnt make people angry....I was angry on behalf of those he harmed...so sue me.
    Define "harm"? Charles Manson harmed people, Phelps is just another idiot with a big mouth. 'Harm' can be qualified by either criminal acts or civil damages. Charles Manson couldn't be easily ignored by his victims as they were being hacked to death. Phelps can be completely ignored.

    Being annoyed is not harm--- just my opinion.

    edited to add: And before anyone quotes me out of context, I think Phelps and his group are pathetic losers. I do not defend either his brand theology or his actions. Just for the record.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,802

    Re: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del Zeppnile View Post
    Define "harm"? Charles Manson harmed people, Phelps is just another idiot with a big mouth. 'Harm' can be qualified by either criminal acts or civil damages. Charles Manson couldn't be easily ignored by his victims as they were being hacked to death. Phelps can be completely ignored.

    Being annoyed is not harm--- just my opinion.

    edited to add: And before anyone quotes me out of context, I think Phelps and his group are pathetic losers. I do not defend either his brand theology or his actions. Just for the record.
    Yes, let us know when your loved one's memory is being desecrated at their funeral. That's so annoying.....hey, if that is the extent of your attachment to loved ones, that's your problem.

    People dont commit suicide because of physical harm....emotional harm is real and can kill. Even if not that extreme....and even if not illegal....it is malicious. I dont have a problem imagining someone like that being removed from the planet and somehow, someway, getting a dose of the pain they caused others.

    High road? Nope. Dont care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-24-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Yes, let us know when your loved one's memory is being desecrated at their funeral. That's so annoying.....hey, if that is the extent of your attachment to loved ones, that's your problem.
    Problem was that the Phelps group was not allowed at the funeral, they were on public space outside the funeral. I think they are assholes, but there isn't a law against being an asshole. In a free society you are going to have people who do things like this, it is part of accepting that people have freedom---- freedom to be assholes I suppose of they want to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    People dont commit suicide because of physical harm....emotional harm is real and can kill. Even if not that extreme....and even if not illegal....it is malicious.
    But how do you regulate what may upset people? Some people 'go postal' because they don't like the flavor of coffee in the company break room. Which goes back to my question of how you define harm? There has to be a legal test for what is harmful. It is much easier to regulate behavior based on what is considered disorderly conduct. But then there is that tricky little thing called the 1st Amendment. Words that challenge someone to a fight can be illegal because they promote violence. Word that are just rude and are wrapped in a political statement are protected speech.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I dont have a problem imagining someone like that being removed from the planet and somehow, someway, getting a dose of the pain they caused others.
    Yes, imagining. Imagine all the people....

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    High road? Nope. Dont care.
    Back to my point. Exactly what Phelps spent his life doing. Don't let him win.

  10. #70
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,802

    Re: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del Zeppnile View Post
    Problem was that the Phelps group was not allowed at the funeral, they were on public space outside the funeral. I think they are assholes, but there isn't a law against being an asshole. In a free society you are going to have people who do things like this, it is part of accepting that people have freedom---- freedom to be assholes I suppose of they want to.

    But how do you regulate what may upset people? Some people 'go postal' because they don't like the flavor of coffee in the company break room. Which goes back to my question of how you define harm? There has to be a legal test for what is harmful. It is much easier to regulate behavior based on what is considered disorderly conduct. But then there is that tricky little thing called the 1st Amendment. Words that challenge someone to a fight can be illegal because they promote violence. Word that are just rude and are wrapped in a political statement are protected speech.


    Yes, imagining. Imagine all the people....

    Back to my point. Exactly what Phelps spent his life doing. Don't let him win.
    Never said a thing about regulating him.

    He's winning nothing. Soon he will be nothing. I love the idea of him meeting his Maker and getting the Lord's judgement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •