View Poll Results: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Protest his funeral.

    4 6.15%
  • Sing and praise his death from the rooftops.

    9 13.85%
  • Nothing. Ignore it.

    46 70.77%
  • Other

    6 9.23%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 82

Thread: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

  1. #51
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,462

    Re: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

    What do you think will hapen now?

    Will his "church" continue doing what they were doing?

    Was he the driving force or will it continue like he was never there?

  2. #52
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

    I voted other because I actually hope he sees the error in his ways before he passes and repents. I also believe in not stooping to WBC's level and doing anything about his future passing. As far as the WBC itself, I think the daughter will keep it running unfortunately.

  3. #53
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    What do you think will hapen now?

    Will his "church" continue doing what they were doing?

    Was he the driving force or will it continue like he was never there?
    I think they'll try. His daughter Shirley has been the behind-the-scenes driving for for many years, but she's more organizational. She's not dynamic like he is (used to be).

    I doubt they'll be able to pull it off. I think it will shrink and eventually fade away.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #54
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    IMO, that's what they'd want. That would invigorate them. "See? See the evil we have to deal with?!? We need to continue on!"

    I think complete silence and zero attention would be the more effective 'get even' tactic.
    You are making the assumption that he protested at funerals because of his beliefs. He and his family are nothing more than lower forms of ambulance chasers running a provoke and sue scam. He should be paid back for all the pain he has caused grieving families.


    Fred Phelps Timeline | Southern Poverty Law Center
    Fred Phelps: Fag Hater or just a Con Artist? | Orange Juice Blog
    Fred Phelps is a Con Man
    Fred Phelps awarded $16,510 in legal fees from dead soldier's father (updated) | The Fast Pitch | The Pitch
    Last edited by jamesrage; 03-17-14 at 03:20 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #55
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    You are making the assumption that he protested at funerals because of his beliefs. He and his family are nothing more than lower forms of ambulance chasers running a provoke and sue scam. He should be paid back for all the pain he has caused grieving families.

    Fred Phelps Timeline | Southern Poverty Law Center
    Fred Phelps: Fag Hater or just a Con Artist? | Orange Juice Blog
    Fred Phelps is a Con Man
    Fred Phelps awarded $16,510 in legal fees from dead soldier's father (updated) | The Fast Pitch | The Pitch
    Your point doesn't address my point. But anyway, I think he/they do do these things based on their beliefs. The ambulance chasing and provoking is merely their way of funding their activities.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #56
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,462

    Re: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I think they'll try. His daughter Shirley has been the behind-the-scenes driving for for many years, but she's more organizational. She's not dynamic like he is (used to be).

    I doubt they'll be able to pull it off. I think it will shrink and eventually fade away.
    Let's hope that is true and they fade away, but where are they going to get money from?

  7. #57
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,913

    Re: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I would hope people rise above the same wicked things he did in life and not protest the funeral, but we'll see.

    I do think he'll be in for a rude awakening though when he stands before God in judgement once he does die.
    My "Other" would be "Pray for his soul." Should we not pray for all...but especially for those in most need of mercy?

  8. #58
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

    For those who do not pray...he is simply a terrible person.

    Perhaps your God will set him straight....I am simply pleased to see him gone.

  9. #59
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Let's hope that is true and they fade away, but where are they going to get money from?
    Many of the family members are attorneys. In fact, they have been doing almost all the legal work for several years as Fred himself was disbarred years ago. That part, they could pull off. It's the ability to attract (weak-minded) people the way that Fred could is where they will fall off.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #60
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,913

    Re: Fred Phelps is about to die... how should we react?

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    For those who do not pray...he is simply a terrible person.

    Perhaps your God will set him straight....I am simply pleased to see him gone.
    I don't think you're going to find much disagreement that Phelps has done great evil (including spawning his offspring, especially that sick, sick Roper woman).

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •