View Poll Results: So do you think the father has a legal right to see his baby born or be in the room?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he has a legal right and my opinion agrees with that.

    15 22.39%
  • Yes, he has a legal right and in my opinion he shouldnt.

    1 1.49%
  • No, he has no legal right and my opinion agrees with that.

    38 56.72%
  • No, he has no legal right and in my opinion he should.

    3 4.48%
  • Other

    7 10.45%
  • I Love Chicken Parm

    9 13.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 660

Thread: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room?

  1. #571
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Since when is it unrealistic to expect women to be responsible for their bodies from pregnancy and disease? Her feckless behavior is costing all of us in increased entitlements. I bet you expect daddy to pay for the next 18 years whether he wanted the kid or not.
    The man is just as responsible for protecting himself. She cannot get pregnant without him and he cannot get her pregnant without her. They share equal responsibility because both are aware of what they are doing and what could be the result. Your argument is very simplistic too because, as I said, there are MANY other variables to consider. You are assuming that everyone is a perfect person.

  2. #572
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    No, it's really not.

    Again, Chris. The simple fact of the matter is that "hook up bars" and "casual sex" are largely modern inventions. People in the past were not running around "getting laid" left and right without commitment or the expectation of it.

    They simply wouldn't have had time for it.

    The closest they would have gotten to any of that would have been prostitution, which was an activity largely limited to urban areas, and in which only an extremely tiny minority of women ever engaged in the first place.
    I'm sorry, I'm not buying it. And if that is the case, it is because society is changing. You can cry about the sky falling all day, I'm not buying that.

    That doesn't change the facts that men are just as responsible for an unwanted/unplanned pregnancy as the woman. They know full well what they are doing and the possible results. They are just as responsible for protecting themselves.

  3. #573
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Sperm is PART of a man's body too. Your argument is silly and gender biased.
    As men are finding out...to their detriment...that sperm is no longer part of their bodies and they no longer have control over it once they hand it off to a woman.

    That's why more control would be smarter, on their parts. But they are taking a couple of decades longer to adjust to that than I would have expected. Well, I guess it takes a long time to overcome millenia of ingrained behavior and expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #574
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    As men are finding out...to their detriment...that sperm is no longer part of their bodies and they no longer have control over it once they hand it off to a woman.

    That's why more control would be smarter, on their parts. But they are taking a couple of decades longer to adjust to that than I would have expected. Well, I guess it takes a long time to overcome millenia of ingrained behavior and expectations.
    That is a VERY good point.

  5. #575
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    I revert back to an original point from a few days ago: the answer to the fix is "more blowjobs by women".

    Can't knock up her mouth.

  6. #576
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm not buying it.
    "Buy" whatever you want. The simple fact of the matter is that your position here is counter-factual, and frankly doesn't make any damn sense.

    There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that casual sex or promiscuity were common prior to the sexual revolution.

    If it were (considering the fact that contraceptives were not widely available back then), there would've been a problem with out of wedlock births which would have made today's issues pale by way of comparison.

    Obviously there wasn't, so the argument holds no merit. As a society, our sexual behavior has legitimately changed.

    And if that is the case, it is because society is changing.
    Yes, and not for the better.

    That was the whole point. Women are getting knocked up left and right because people these days neither know nor care enough to behave responsibly.

    That is a problem, which should really be corrected.

    That doesn't change the facts that men are just as responsible for an unwanted/unplanned pregnancy as the woman. They know full well what they are doing and the possible results. They are just as responsible for protecting themselves.
    I never denied it. It simply happens to be the case that men can "cut and run," where a lot of women cannot or will not.

  7. #577
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    "Buy" whatever you want. The simple fact of the matter is that your position here is counter-factual, and frankly doesn't make any damn sense.

    There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that casual sex or promiscuity were common prior to the sexual revolution.

    If it were (considering the fact that contraceptives were not widely available back then), there would've been a problem with out of wedlock births which would have made today's issues pale by way of comparison.

    Obviously there wasn't, so the argument holds no merit. As a society, our sexual behavior has legitimately changed.



    Yes, and not for the better.

    That was the whole point. Women are getting knocked up left and right because people these days neither know nor care enough to behave responsibly.

    That is a problem, which should really be corrected.



    I never denied it. It simply happens to be the case that men can "cut and run," where a lot of women cannot or will not.
    This is all nothing but your opinion. Many WOMEN feel society has changed for the better. We don't have to stay married to the same boring or perhaps abusive man. We can make our own choices about our own sexuality and men like you cannot make us the way you want us to be.

  8. #578
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    AS you should teach them. Girls are the same way. They are horny and curious just like the boys. Why you hold them to different expectations I don't know. Good decisions are based upon MANY different factors, gender not being one.
    Same expectations, different consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #579
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    "Buy" whatever you want. The simple fact of the matter is that your position here is counter-factual, and frankly doesn't make any damn sense.

    There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that casual sex or promiscuity were common prior to the sexual revolution.

    If it were (considering the fact that contraceptives were not widely available back then), there would've been a problem with out of wedlock births which would have made today's issues pale by way of comparison.

    Obviously there wasn't, so the argument holds no merit. As a society, our sexual behavior has legitimately changed.



    Yes, and not for the better.

    That was the whole point. Women are getting knocked up left and right because people these days neither know nor care enough to behave responsibly.

    That is a problem, which should really be corrected.



    I never denied it. It simply happens to be the case that men can "cut and run," where a lot of women cannot or will not.
    Also, many women are sexually active and are responsible about it. This irresponsibility is NOT one-sided by any means.

    Edit: Sorry, I prefer to make a new post rather than edit because people miss the edit more often than not because they already read the post.

  10. #580
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    That is what we are talking about. Sex and pregnancy and who is "responsible." BOTH parties are responsible. Both made choices and decisions. One is not necessarily smarter or more intelligent because of gender.
    One is proven smarter by their actions, not their gender.

    That is the point. And both are equally capable of being smart or at least responsible...and if they are not, then they have to accept the consequences. Not blame the other participant for not being just as irresponsible as they were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •