View Poll Results: So do you think the father has a legal right to see his baby born or be in the room?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he has a legal right and my opinion agrees with that.

    15 22.39%
  • Yes, he has a legal right and in my opinion he shouldnt.

    1 1.49%
  • No, he has no legal right and my opinion agrees with that.

    38 56.72%
  • No, he has no legal right and in my opinion he should.

    3 4.48%
  • Other

    7 10.45%
  • I Love Chicken Parm

    9 13.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 660

Thread: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room?

  1. #561
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I disagree. I think that these things are just more out in the open now. Women have always been sexual, just afraid to express that in the past for OBVIOUS reasons.
    As I've pointed out time and again, this simply isn't the case. People in the past married young, stayed married, and didn't go out of their way to "play the field" sexually before settling down.

    They did this specifically because they didn't want to risk unwanted pregnancies and the social stigma they carried.

    Prior to the mid twentieth century, any guy looking for an "easy lay" would most likely have no other recourse than to turn to a prostitute.

  2. #562
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    As I've pointed out time and again, this simply isn't the case. People in the past married young, stayed married, and didn't go out of their way to "play the field" sexually before settling down.

    They did this specifically because they didn't want to risk unwanted pregnancies and the social stigma they carried.

    Prior to the mid twentieth century, any guy looking for an "easy lay" would most likely have no other recourse than to turn to a prostitute.
    You are wrong and have been proven wrong in MANY different threads MANY different times. The FACT that there were prostitutes at all defies your logic.

  3. #563
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You are wrong and have been proven wrong in MANY different threads MANY different times. The FACT that there were prostitutes at all defies your logic.
    Not once have I been proven wrong on this claim, Chris. Not once.

    The facts, I'm afraid, are on my side here.

    Social Change: The Sexual Revolution

    Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room?-sexual-partners-jpg

    I'm sorry, but the truth of the matter really is that our ancestors simply were a lot smarter when it comes to sex than we are.

  4. #564
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    As I've pointed out time and again, this simply isn't the case. People in the past married young, stayed married, and didn't go out of their way to "play the field" sexually before settling down.

    They did this specifically because they didn't want to risk unwanted pregnancies and the social stigma they carried.

    Prior to the mid twentieth century, any guy looking for an "easy lay" would most likely have no other recourse than to turn to a prostitute.
    I just want to point out that there are a MULTITUDE of stories out there from the Victorian era about promiscuity, adultery, and all KINDS of sordid affairs happening. People were just better at keeping "secrets" back then. Women who were pregnant out of wedlock were sent away to "boarding school."

  5. #565
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,348

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Well if it was on your mind and you engaged in sex anyway, you are one of the people they are talking about. Sex out of wedlock, a big no-no to conservatives you know.

    Todays' society has certainly gotten more permissive in their attitude toward sexuality. It used to be that a girl was sent to visit someone out of state for a while, before she started showing. Everyone knew the real reason, though, but it did avoid a scandal for the family, so it was accepted. Dishonest and hypocritical? Maybe, but that's the way things were back then. Hollywood has had a big influence on making things seem normal that never would have accepted 30 years ago.

    Greetings, ChrisL.

  6. #566
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Not once have I been proven wrong on this claim, Chris. Not once.

    The facts, I'm afraid, are on my side here.

    Social Change: The Sexual Revolution

    Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room?-sexual-partners-jpg

    I'm sorry, but the truth of the matter really is that our ancestors simply were a lot smarter when it comes to sex than we are.
    It's more out in the open, there are MORE people and we are more diverse. That is why. LOL!

  7. #567
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Not silly at all. Protecting your own body is the only intelligent choice to make. I expect women to be smarter than rocks.
    Me too and as evidenced by this thread...that kind of stupidity makes us all look bad.

    That's why I call it out when I see it as well. I dont want to be lumped together with them. I dont excuse it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #568
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,866

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I was having a side conversation with another poster. Is that okay with you? And the POINT is that people like you have unrealistic expectations. Of course, young people think they are invincible. That is very common among teenagers. Some of them really do think that won't happen to THEM and that it only happens to other people.

    Like I said, gender has nothing to do with how intelligent a person is or how good of a decision-maker a person is. There are WAY too many variables to think in such simplistic terms. And both parties who participated in sex (especially unprotected) are responsible for the results. Just because it effects one person more than another doesn't make that person more responsible for the results.
    Since when is it unrealistic to expect women to be responsible for their bodies from pregnancy and disease? Her feckless behavior is costing all of us in increased entitlements. I bet you expect daddy to pay for the next 18 years whether he wanted the kid or not.

  9. #569
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Todays' society has certainly gotten more permissive in their attitude toward sexuality. It used to be that a girl was sent to visit someone out of state for a while, before she started showing. Everyone knew the real reason, though, but it did avoid a scandal for the family, so it was accepted. Dishonest and hypocritical? Maybe, but that's the way things were back then. Hollywood has had a big influence on making things seem normal that never would have accepted 30 years ago.

    Greetings, ChrisL.
    Perhaps, but it still doesn't absolve either party of responsibility. Both are equally responsible for the results of unprotected sex, whether it be an STD or a baby.

    Edit: Oops, sorry. Greetings to you too Polgara!

  10. #570
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I just want to point out that there are a MULTITUDE of stories out there from the Victorian era about promiscuity, adultery, and all KINDS of sordid affairs happening. People were just better at keeping "secrets" back then. Women who were pregnant out of wedlock were sent away to "boarding school."
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It's more out in the open, there are MORE people and we are more diverse. That is why. LOL!
    No, it's really not.

    Again, Chris. The simple fact of the matter is that "hook up bars" and "casual sex" are largely modern inventions. People in the past were not running around "getting laid" left and right without commitment or the expectation of it.

    They simply wouldn't have had time for it.

    The closest they would have gotten to any of that would have been prostitution, which was an activity largely limited to urban areas, and in which only an extremely tiny minority of women ever engaged in the first place.

Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •