View Poll Results: So do you think the father has a legal right to see his baby born or be in the room?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he has a legal right and my opinion agrees with that.

    15 22.39%
  • Yes, he has a legal right and in my opinion he shouldnt.

    1 1.49%
  • No, he has no legal right and my opinion agrees with that.

    38 56.72%
  • No, he has no legal right and in my opinion he should.

    3 4.48%
  • Other

    7 10.45%
  • I Love Chicken Parm

    9 13.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 660

Thread: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room?

  1. #531
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    This is true and I'm not denying that. I am saying that it is unreasonable to expect the woman to make a better decision than the man. She could be slow, she could be young, she could be just naive, she could have been just plain old seduced and horny. Just because the consequences are going to be greater, that doesn't mean her decisions are going to be any better, and the same goes for the man. If he knows a woman is crazy, and he sleeps with her anyway, is that HER fault?

    There have MULTIPLE cases of women who are mentally challenged who have been impregnated MULTIPLE times. Is it "their" fault? Should they be guarding against pregnancy because the men are innocent victims of their sexuality? It is just so ridiculous to me.
    The point doesn't really apply to the mentally challenged, but those who should "know better" in the first place.

    Unfortunately, rather than encouraging caution or responsibility, we live in a culture which encourages hedonism and risky, narcissistic behavior. This has been especially hard on women as they are no longer being brought up to be as selective or careful with their sexuality as was normal in the past.

    It would better if more women and men alike practiced sexual responsibility rather than reckless promiscuity. That was Lizzie's point, I'm pretty sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    That's the only reason why I may give this girl a pass. If guys can "fire and flee", then the woman can call a few more shots when it comes to the baby. Having said that, I'm much more sympathetic to men who do that now, whereas I used to consider them rather sleazy. Now they're just doing the logical thing when you nail a bitch that turns out to be a wackjob.
    It's kind of a sleazy world in general these days. A guy's got to watch his back.

  2. #532
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by leoborn View Post
    She is the one who will have a baby, not him, so its her responsibility to protect herself if she decides to have sex.
    You would think that would be on the mind of every woman engaging in sex. Today over 40% of births are born to unwed mothers at a time where birth control has never been more easy to get at a cost even the poorest among us can afford. There are 1.2 million abortions each year where 4 out of 10 pregnancies end aborted.

  3. #533
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Maybe she has issues, and HE should have made better decisions. A lot of single parents are TEENAGE girls and some, yes, are mentally disturbed or just not very healthy emotionally, and this goes for the men and women.

    How you can say there is hypocrisy on HER part without knowing the story is hypocrisy on your part.

    Do you know he hasn't been physically violent with her or threatened her? NO you do not know ANY details.
    Please stop making women look like victims who cant take care of themselves or make bad choices as a rule.

    I didnt mean to make women look like that earlier, if I did it was unintentional; it was because the realities of labor for any woman are graphic, painful, and frightening...and that's not to be discounted by anyone, male or female.

    But we have the right to privacy and safety without relying on excuses of weakness of body or mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #534
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    What is that? I never implied any such thing, if you refer to me.

    I said any person in a relationship can decide to be a jerk someday and post sensitive things on the Internet. Had nothing to do with custody.
    Post #382

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa
    What's to stop him from doing so? How about when they get into a child custody fight sometime in the future?

  5. #535
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    The point doesn't really apply to the mentally challenged, but those who should "know better" in the first place.

    Unfortunately, rather than encouraging caution or responsibility, we live in a culture which encourages hedonism and risky, narcissistic behavior. This has been especially hard on women as they are no longer being brought up to be as selective or careful with their sexuality as was normal in the past.

    It would better if more women and men alike practiced sexual responsibility rather than reckless promiscuity. That was Lizzie's point, I'm pretty sure.



    It's kind of a sleazy world in general these days. A guy's got to watch his back.
    No, clearly people are putting the blame on the back of the woman and excusing the man for his behavior, as if he is somehow more stupid or less able to control himself. That is not true, and yes, being mentally challenged or slow does certainly play a role. Many, many people suffer from one form of mental illness or another. That's a fact.

  6. #536
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Please stop making women look like victims who cant take care of themselves or make bad choices as a rule.

    I didnt mean to make women look like that earlier, if I did it was unintentional; it was because the realities of labor for any woman are graphic, painful, and frightening...and that's not to be discounted by anyone, male or female.

    But we have the right to privacy and safety without relying on excuses of weakness of body or mind.
    WHAT are you talking about. I'm doing NO such thing. I am simply stating facts.

  7. #537
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    You would think that would be on the mind of every woman engaging in sex. Today over 40% of births are born to unwed mothers at a time where birth control has never been more easy to get at a cost even the poorest among us can afford. There are 1.2 million abortions each year where 4 out of 10 pregnancies end aborted.
    It was certainly on my mind, every single time!

    Hence I dont really excuse women who dont take responsibility for it or believe the BS that men throw out there just to get laid, and then get preg.

    But this thread is not about that, at all. They had a legitimate relationship, from the sound of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #538
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    WHAT are you talking about. I'm doing NO such thing. I am simply stating facts.
    Don't listen to her. I agree with you. Women are physically and mentally weaker.

  9. #539
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    It was certainly on my mind, every single time!

    Hence I dont really excuse women who dont take responsibility for it or believe the BS that men throw out there just to get laid, and then get preg.

    But this thread is not about that, at all. They had a legitimate relationship, from the sound of it.
    Well if it was on your mind and you engaged in sex anyway, you are one of the people they are talking about. Sex out of wedlock, a big no-no to conservatives you know.

  10. #540
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Don't listen to her. I agree with you. Women are mentally weaker.
    YOU certainly prove that argument wrong every time you post.

Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •