View Poll Results: So do you think the father has a legal right to see his baby born or be in the room?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he has a legal right and my opinion agrees with that.

    15 22.39%
  • Yes, he has a legal right and in my opinion he shouldnt.

    1 1.49%
  • No, he has no legal right and my opinion agrees with that.

    38 56.72%
  • No, he has no legal right and in my opinion he should.

    3 4.48%
  • Other

    7 10.45%
  • I Love Chicken Parm

    9 13.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 660

Thread: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room?

  1. #521
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Over there
    Last Seen
    11-12-17 @ 06:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    573

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    What in the hell does this have to do with the OP or what we are discussing. The only reason why I brought a 15-year-old into the conversation was to show that it is unreasonable to expect the "woman" to be the one to make a "good" decision regarding sex and it's consequences.

    Equal blame goes to both parties because they both participated in actions that resulted in a pregnancy.
    She is the one who will have a baby, not him, so its her responsibility to protect herself if she decides to have sex.

  2. #522
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I already covered that by saying they decide to care. The fact remains that government force imposes on the man and that is the only thing besides his own good character to care if he gets a woman pregnant.
    Well, your ideas are just not realistic in our society. Maybe 200 years ago, but not anymore. There are TOO many unplanned pregnancies to poor people who need support or will starve, the man has to support his offspring, and if he doesn't want to do that, he should become celibate because he knows damn well that having sex can and does result in pregnancy and he knows that in our society he is expected to pay for that child, whether he wants to or not, and that is because (as I've explained to you AD NAUSEUM) the burden would fall on SOCIETY.

    Your ideas are JUST as unrealistic as those expressed in the "bullying" thread.

  3. #523
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    point being, they were still criticized for not being there. and just because he wasn't allowed doesn't keep her from throwing it in his face. under the circumstances that she could/would throw that in his face, no one there is going to know that he wasn't allowed to be present. and the more he protests, the more defensive and guilty he is going to look.
    You are just inventing stuff now...a diversion. It wouldnt come up in any conversation...only court. And he has a COURT RULING to prove why he wasnt in there.

    What kind of weak guy worries about being criticized over something as lame as that? When it was completely justified and he can say so?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #524
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by leoborn View Post
    She is the one who will have a baby, not him, so its her responsibility to protect herself if she decides to have sex.
    You are wrong. Check the law. BOTH parties who engaged in the creation of said child are responsible for it's wellbeing, as it SHOULD be.

  5. #525
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Well, your ideas are just not realistic in our society. Maybe 200 years ago, but not anymore. There are TOO many unplanned pregnancies to poor people who need support or will starve, the man has to support his offspring, and if he doesn't want to do that, he should become celibate because he knows damn well that having sex can and does result in pregnancy and he knows that in our society he is expected to pay for that child, whether he wants to or not, and that is because (as I've explained to you AD NAUSEUM) the burden would fall on SOCIETY.

    Your ideas are JUST as unrealistic as those expressed in the "bullying" thread.
    Just more proof: In ChrisL's world, women have rights. Men have responsibilities.

    Curse me being born into this penis-possessing no-win body.

  6. #526
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Oh good - you're back. Maybe you can shed more light onto the "men film childbirths for custody high-ground" debacle.

    I would LOVE to get your perspective on this.
    What is that? I never implied any such thing, if you refer to me.

    I said any person in a relationship can decide to be a jerk someday and post sensitive things on the Internet. Had nothing to do with custody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #527
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Just more proof: In ChrisL's world, women have rights. Men have responsibilities.

    Curse me being born into this penis-possessing no-win body.
    What in the hell makes you think the woman has no responsibility? You are delusional.

  8. #528
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    What is that? I never implied any such thing, if you refer to me.

    I said any person in a relationship can decide to be a jerk someday and post sensitive things on the Internet. Had nothing to do with custody.
    That too. Good point.

  9. #529
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    As much as I often agree with you on many issues, on this one, I think you're a little off base. Is it not the father (whom I am assuming she had sex with, at some point) that we are talking about? Did she not sleep with the man in order to get to the point of this story even being an issue? If she slept with him, for Chrissakes, there is no reason to be feeling all queasy and self-conscious about her privacy at this point. So she slept with him, got pregnant by him, and now she feels distrustful and doesn't like the guy. She would have been much smarter to get to know him well enough to know if he was trustworthy in the first place, rather than doing something completely stupid, then getting hysterical in retrospect. I am not saying that his rights trump her right to privacy, but I am saying that I can completely understand why so many people think she is being a bit unreasonable.
    People are unreasonable after breakups all the time...that's a fact of life for everyone. And it's usually both that are at fault and both that can act like jerks. So I agree but dont see how it should affect the outcome here...as you also mention.

    By no means do I blame her for wanting to protect herself from humiliation (perceived or real) in front of a man she no longer likes or trusts.

    During the pain and fear of labor....she needs that on top of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #530
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Well, your ideas are just not realistic in our society. Maybe 200 years ago, but not anymore. There are TOO many unplanned pregnancies to poor people who need support or will starve, the man has to support his offspring, and if he doesn't want to do that, he should become celibate because he knows damn well that having sex can and does result in pregnancy and he knows that in our society he is expected to pay for that child, whether he wants to or not, and that is because (as I've explained to you AD NAUSEUM) the burden would fall on SOCIETY.
    There was always a greater amount unplanned pregnancies in poor populations. It's a given that if you have a poor population that you will have higher birthrates and many of those born will be unplanned. I'm not here to talk about how I find disagreement with government imposed child support, but there is little doubt it does nothing to fight against any sort of problems in society. The fact remains that if all you have is "I have government force to equalize the situation" then your argument is complete tripe. Women are are always going to be more inclined to concern themselves with pregnancy than men and it's why the situation hasn't really changed all that much even after child support laws.

Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •