View Poll Results: So do you think the father has a legal right to see his baby born or be in the room?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he has a legal right and my opinion agrees with that.

    15 22.39%
  • Yes, he has a legal right and in my opinion he shouldnt.

    1 1.49%
  • No, he has no legal right and my opinion agrees with that.

    38 56.72%
  • No, he has no legal right and in my opinion he should.

    3 4.48%
  • Other

    7 10.45%
  • I Love Chicken Parm

    9 13.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 660

Thread: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room?

  1. #511
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    No but all of these have been used for "excusing" men for bad behavior. Blame the woman because of how she is dressed, blame the woman because SHE is the one who gets pregnant, blame the woman because SHE should make better decisions, etc., etc. It's really just sickening.
    Personally, I'm not "excusing" anyone. Both parties are guilty of making poor decisions.

    Women simply happen to have a lot more to lose from risky sex than men do, so it is, practically speaking, in their best interests to be more careful.

    Even if a guy who knocks a girl up and bolts afterwards is morally in the "wrong," it doesn't change the fact that the girl is the one who's going to end up having to deal with the pregnancy and resulting child.

    As you said yourself, "life isn't fair." There's no real point in complaining about it.

  2. #512
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    funny isn't it?

    now a woman having the father of her child present during child birth is equivalent to a man getting assraped.
    Are we back to you needing words of 2 syllables again? It's about how you'd feel if someone you didnt like (or anyone) watched that happen to you. Not the act itself. And video'd it? With the ability to post it to the whole world?

    How would you feel when you met up with them afterwards? Esp. if they were someone you had a bad relationship with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #513
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Personally, I'm not "excusing" anyone. Both parties are guilty of making poor decisions.

    Women simply happen to have a lot more to lose from risky sex than men do, so it is, practically speaking, in their best interests to be more careful.

    Even if a guy who knocks a girl up and bolts afterwards is morally in the "wrong," it doesn't change the fact that the girl is the one who's going to end up having to deal with the pregnancy and resulting child.
    This is true and I'm not denying that. I am saying that it is unreasonable to expect the woman to make a better decision than the man. She could be slow, she could be young, she could be just naive, she could have been just plain old seduced and horny. Just because the consequences are going to be greater, that doesn't mean her decisions are going to be any better, and the same goes for the man. If he knows a woman is crazy, and he sleeps with her anyway, is that HER fault?

    There have MULTIPLE cases of women who are mentally challenged who have been impregnated MULTIPLE times. Is it "their" fault? Should they be guarding against pregnancy because the men are innocent victims of their sexuality? It is just so ridiculous to me.

  4. #514
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,014

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Currently he can't go into the delivery room without the woman's consent. Even without the courts, the hospital would not allow it. Maybe some day he will have the privilege to watch the birth of his child via a closed circuit TV. What I am arguing is how jilted the laws are against fathers and need to change. And slowly but surely fathers are gaining their overdue rights. But it is far from being fair. There's legislation coming forth in different states that would force the mother to notify the father in advance of an abortion. The man can't stop it but can then legally sue her for damages. There's been an increase in paternal grandparents being awarded custody of their grandchildren. There is other legislation that has been proposed, I believe in Utah and Michigan where a woman can not give up a child for adoption unless she has the consent of the father allowing him/his parents custody of the child. The whole "my body my choice" as a right is not constitutional when it denies paternal rights to fathers.
    But that will not happen anytime soon and even then, this birthing situation would still not be changed because changing it would violate the constitutional rights that the woman has to not have someone present at her birth against her will.

    And the legislation in states in which they force the mother to notify the father in advance of abortion will never come into law because they have already been found unconstitutional in Planned Parenthood v. Casey. They struck down the spousal notice requirement, stating that it gave too much power to husbands over their wives and would worsen situations of spousal abuse.

    And I doubt the supreme court, who struck down forcing notification because it give men too much power over their wives will ever agree to them being able to legally sue her for damages (for more than one reason IMHO, first of all the woman will have done nothing illegal and there is no actual damages incurred by the husband IMHO).

    And grandparents getting custody for their grandchildren is sometimes good for the children but with no child if the woman chooses to have an abortion I do not see what that has to do with this issue.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  5. #515
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Personally, I'm not "excusing" anyone. Both parties are guilty of making poor decisions.

    Women simply happen to have a lot more to lose from risky sex than men do, so it is, practically speaking, in their best interests to be more careful.

    Even if a guy who knocks a girl up and bolts afterwards is morally in the "wrong," it doesn't change the fact that the girl is the one who's going to end up having to deal with the pregnancy and resulting child.

    As you said yourself, "life isn't fair." There's no real point in complaining about it.
    That's the only reason why I may give this girl a pass. If guys can "fire and flee", then the woman can call a few more shots when it comes to the baby. Having said that, I'm much more sympathetic to men who do that now, whereas I used to consider them rather sleazy. Now they're just doing the logical thing when you nail a bitch that turns out to be a wackjob.

  6. #516
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,851

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    You are completely wrong when you try to say that people like me teach them it's okay. I raised two sons, and what I told them is this:
    "Do not trust a girl to be honest with you about taking the pill or protecting herself from pregnancy. Always take it upon yourself to make sure it doesn't happen, because if you end up getting a girl pregnant, you are going to be dropping out of school, and getting a job, to help raise your child. I am not raising your kids. If you have them, they are yours to take care of, so I'm just forewarning you to be very cautious". If you don't believe I told my sons that, you would be mistaken. I intentionally told them not to trust girls, for the very reason that I see in your posts. Girls who refuse to accept total responsibility for their own bodies are no more trustworthy than a young boy with a hard-on.
    I remember having a similar talk with my son. And I also gave him some advice in choosing girls. I told him when I was in high school there was a group of girls that weren't not complete unless they had a boyfriend. I warned him to stay away from them because they were needy and later could cause him grief. You know it is no secret that girls who grow up with out a loving father, tend to be the needy ones because they never had a man in their lives to teach them their self worth.

  7. #517
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Of course there is if you are a real man and care about your offspring.
    I already covered that by saying they decide to care. The fact remains that government force imposes on the man and that is the only reason besides his own good character to care if he gets a woman pregnant. The woman has to deal with pregnancy and there is no outside force ever necessary for that to happen. She is just naturally more interested in protecting herself from pregnancy.

  8. #518
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I personally would not punish my child or the mother with a tantrum.

    Men do things all the time for women - they grit their teeth, force a smile, and do it.

    We do that because we're more mature than to use something as punishment or leverage. Men are obviously more mature.
    And here's what I say:

    I personally would not punish my child or the father with a tantrum.

    Women do things all the time for men - they grit their teeth, force a smile, and do it.

    We do that because we're more mature than to use something as punishment or leverage. Women are obviously more mature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #519
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    But that will not happen anytime soon and even then, this birthing situation would still not be changed because changing it would violate the constitutional rights that the woman has to not have someone present at her birth against her will.

    And the legislation in states in which they force the mother to notify the father in advance of abortion will never come into law because they have already been found unconstitutional in Planned Parenthood v. Casey. They struck down the spousal notice requirement, stating that it gave too much power to husbands over their wives and would worsen situations of spousal abuse.

    And I doubt the supreme court, who struck down forcing notification because it give men too much power over their wives will ever agree to them being able to legally sue her for damages (for more than one reason IMHO, first of all the woman will have done nothing illegal and there is no actual damages incurred by the husband IMHO).

    And grandparents getting custody for their grandchildren is sometimes good for the children but with no child if the woman chooses to have an abortion I do not see what that has to do with this issue.
    I swear that some people think that because THEY have good relationships and good husbands that everyone else must too. That is simply not the case. Some women (and some men) are in less than ideal relationships.

  10. #520
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    And here's what I say:



    You can't be Gipper. You're too emotional.

    I'd fix that.

Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •