View Poll Results: So do you think the father has a legal right to see his baby born or be in the room?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he has a legal right and my opinion agrees with that.

    15 22.39%
  • Yes, he has a legal right and in my opinion he shouldnt.

    1 1.49%
  • No, he has no legal right and my opinion agrees with that.

    38 56.72%
  • No, he has no legal right and in my opinion he should.

    3 4.48%
  • Other

    7 10.45%
  • I Love Chicken Parm

    9 13.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 660

Thread: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room?

  1. #501
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    I think SOME men confuse their own issues and short comings with what is normal/typical.

    normal people don't rape, normal men are sex crazed animals that lose control over themselves. Like you said that would be mentally retarded.

    do mistakes happen? YES (men and women)
    do people get frisky and make poor decisions? YES (men and women)

    and these happenings are just tied to sex they are tied to many things, love, money, food etc
    I'm pretty sure that no one here is talking about rape.

    They're talking about young girls being wise enough to "keep it in their pants," or use protection when they choose not to.

    While I would say that young men ultimately share the same responsibility, I don't see anything wrong with suggesting that sexuality be approached in a sober and level headed manner.

  2. #502
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Men aren't getting pregnant and if it wasn't for child support there would be no risk to him for getting a woman pregnant.
    Irrelevant. IF men do not want to be responsible, they have to make responsible decisions too. Sorry that you have to be responsible for your decisions and not just the woman anymore. That is just unacceptable in today's day and age.

  3. #503
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Over there
    Last Seen
    11-12-17 @ 06:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    573

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    WHAT? You don't have to be married to be pregnant, and the people in the OP are NOT married either.
    What I meant was could she have married the dude even if he was willing, since she is only 15? Unwed mothers are not a new thing. Maybe that's why he is willing to pay child support, knowing that she cant provide much for the child on her own since she is still in high school.

  4. #504
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You are wrong. There are PLENTY of women who have just as high as sex drive as men.
    I wasn't commenting on their sex drive.

  5. #505
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that no one here is talking about rape.

    They're talking about young girls being wise enough to "keep it in their pants," or use protection when they choose not to.

    While I would say that young men ultimately share the same responsibility, I don't see anything wrong with suggesting that sexuality be approached in a sober and level headed manner.
    No but all of these have been used for "excusing" men for bad behavior. Blame the woman because of how she is dressed, blame the woman because SHE is the one who gets pregnant, blame the woman because SHE should make better decisions, etc., etc. It's really just sickening.

  6. #506
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Irrelevant. IF men do not want to be responsible, they have to make responsible decisions too. Sorry that you have to be responsible for your decisions and not just the woman anymore. That is just unacceptable in today's day and age.
    Yeah, so you agree the only way a man has anything to concern himself with is if he either chooses to care or if the law goes after him. I take it you would agree then that there is no biological reason to consider the sexes equally interested in protection from pregnancy.

  7. #507
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I wasn't commenting on their sex drive.
    That is what we are talking about. Sex and pregnancy and who is "responsible." BOTH parties are responsible. Both made choices and decisions. One is not necessarily smarter or more intelligent because of gender.

  8. #508
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yeah, so you agree the only way a man has anything to concern himself with is if he either chooses to care or if the law goes after him. I take it you would agree then that there is no biological reason to consider the sexes equally interested in protection from pregnancy.
    Of course there is if you are a real man and care about your offspring.

  9. #509
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by leoborn View Post
    What I meant was could she have married the dude even if he was willing, since she is only 15? Unwed mothers are not a new thing. Maybe that's why he is willing to pay child support, knowing that she cant provide much for the child on her own since she is still in high school.
    What in the hell does this have to do with the OP or what we are discussing. The only reason why I brought a 15-year-old into the conversation was to show that it is unreasonable to expect the "woman" to be the one to make a "good" decision regarding sex and it's consequences.

    Equal blame goes to both parties because they both participated in actions that resulted in a pregnancy.

  10. #510
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    1.)I'm pretty sure that no one here is talking about rape.
    2.)They're talking about young girls being wise enough to "keep it in their pants," or use protection when they choose not to.
    3.)While I would say that young men ultimately share the same responsibility, I don't see anything wrong with suggesting that sexuality be approached in a sober and level headed manner.
    1.) i mentioned it because it was mentioned already, at least twice if not more times
    2.) im fine with this and boys have the same options
    3.) nothing wrong with that either

    the point is that goes both ways
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •