View Poll Results: So do you think the father has a legal right to see his baby born or be in the room?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he has a legal right and my opinion agrees with that.

    15 22.39%
  • Yes, he has a legal right and in my opinion he shouldnt.

    1 1.49%
  • No, he has no legal right and my opinion agrees with that.

    38 56.72%
  • No, he has no legal right and in my opinion he should.

    3 4.48%
  • Other

    7 10.45%
  • I Love Chicken Parm

    9 13.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 40 of 66 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 660

Thread: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room?

  1. #391
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,971

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    So his ammunition for a custody fight is what? How is a video of the childbirth some sort of "incriminating evidence"?

    Out of curiosity, do you actually say these things aloud as you type them? That was laughable.
    No...would you want pics of yourself getting assraped posted online? No? Why not?

    Have you see videos of births? Not many women want those things exposed to the entire world either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #392
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,971

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    oh please, I've seen plenty of "feminists" criticize men for sitting in the waiting room drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes instead of being in the delivery room.
    Still a moot point. It cannot be used against him, esp. if he wasnt allowed. That's kind of a duh.

    Edit: Oh yes, I have heard that. In the context that the woman was in there doing all the work, in pain, while the men were just standing around. Well they wouldnt be doing anything to save her from work or pain if they were in the delivery room (unwanted) either.

    So much for that argument.
    Last edited by Lursa; 03-19-14 at 04:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #393
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    would be interesting to follow this couple for the next 18 years to see just who the real asshole is.....
    The guy, of course. Thought we determined this.

  4. #394
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,971

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    would be interesting to follow this couple for the next 18 years to see just who the real asshole is.....
    Probably both are at fault, just like in most breakups.

    And it's the kid that will suffer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #395
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No...would you want pics of yourself getting assraped posted online? No? Why not?

    Have you see videos of births? Not many women want those things exposed to the entire world either.
    Assraped?

    Wow...can we swap you out for someone who isn't damaged?

  6. #396
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,971

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Assraped?

    Wow...can we swap you out for someone who isn't damaged?
    I like how everyone has ignored the post where I tried to get the men to place themselves in the woman's place in terms of privacy, vulnerability, and embarrasment.

    Complete avoidance. LOL I know it's hard to imagine. To the point of offensive. And that's how a woman could feel, that exposed, to someone she dislikes and distrusts...with a video camera no less!

    This shows that some men really have no respect for women and no ability (or desire) to understand what they go thru during labor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #397
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Assraped?

    Wow...can we swap you out for someone who isn't damaged?
    funny isn't it?

    now a woman having the father of her child present during child birth is equivalent to a man getting assraped.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #398
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,297

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Assraped?

    Wow...can we swap you out for someone who isn't damaged?
    Aren't you the one who calls women he does not know "cum dumpsters"

  9. #399
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I like how everyone has ignored the post where I tried to get the men to place themselves in the woman's place in terms of privacy, vulnerability, and embarrasment.

    Complete avoidance. LOL I know it's hard to imagine. To the point of offensive. And that's how a woman could feel, that exposed, to someone she dislikes and distrusts...with a video camera no less!

    This shows that some men really have no respect for women and no ability (or desire) to understand what they go thru during labor.
    I personally would not punish my child or the mother with a tantrum.

    Men do things all the time for women - they grit their teeth, force a smile, and do it.

    We do that because we're more mature than to use something as punishment or leverage. Men are obviously more mature.

  10. #400
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Still a moot point. It cannot be used against him, esp. if he wasnt allowed. That's kind of a duh.

    Edit: Oh yes, I have heard that. In the context that the woman was in there doing all the work, in pain, while the men were just standing around. Well they wouldnt be doing anything to save her from work or pain if they were in the delivery room (unwanted) either.

    So much for that argument.
    point being, they were still criticized for not being there. and just because he wasn't allowed doesn't keep her from throwing it in his face. under the circumstances that she could/would throw that in his face, no one there is going to know that he wasn't allowed to be present. and the more he protests, the more defensive and guilty he is going to look.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 40 of 66 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •