View Poll Results: So do you think the father has a legal right to see his baby born or be in the room?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he has a legal right and my opinion agrees with that.

    15 22.39%
  • Yes, he has a legal right and in my opinion he shouldnt.

    1 1.49%
  • No, he has no legal right and my opinion agrees with that.

    38 56.72%
  • No, he has no legal right and in my opinion he should.

    3 4.48%
  • Other

    7 10.45%
  • I Love Chicken Parm

    9 13.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 39 of 66 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 660

Thread: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room?

  1. #381
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    ah, so it's a "metaphorical weapon". thanks for clearing that up.....
    No, 'throwing it in her face' was the metaphorical part.

    Do I need to use words of 2 syllables or less?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #382
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    You're equating it to a dude getting a shower cam and slapping it up on Redtube. Interesting.

    Basically the only thing you're teaching me on this thread is "don't impregnate a woman unless you're 100% sure that she's not a psycho bitch".
    What's to stop him from doing so? How about when they get into a child custody fight sometime in the future?

    And she is (so far) denying him nothing except a presence in the delivery room so now who's being melodramatic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #383
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    call me a sexist/whatever, but I believe that a father's desire to be present at the birth of a child (his child) that he will be legally and ethically obligated to support for at least the next 18 years should be more important than the embarassment and "emotional distress" the mother "might" suffer for a couple of hours.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #384
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I haven't seen any explanation of "physical" pain being caused by his presence. IMHO, physical pain shouldn't be a consideration. so why even bring it up (other than to try to elicit an emotional, rather than rational, response)?
    The risks of stress are real. That's physical. The links have been posted by others in the thread.

    However we can even leave it out of the argument if you like.

    How is *his emotional pain* at not viewing the birth comparable to hers...which I have described and most continue to dismiss as unimportant.

    If her feelings are unimportant, why arent his?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #385
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    What's to stop him from doing so? How about when they get into a child custody fight sometime in the future?

    And she is (so far) denying him nothing except a presence in the delivery room so now who's being melodramatic?
    yeah, how about when they get into a custody fight sometime in the future and she throws it in his face "you weren't even there when he/she was born"?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #386
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    What's to stop him from doing so? How about when they get into a child custody fight sometime in the future?

    And she is (so far) denying him nothing except a presence in the delivery room so now who's being melodramatic?
    So his ammunition for a custody fight is what? How is a video of the childbirth some sort of "incriminating evidence"?

    Out of curiosity, do you actually say these things aloud as you type them? That was laughable.

  7. #387
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    The risks of stress are real. That's physical. The links have been posted by others in the thread.

    However we can even leave it out of the argument if you like.

    How is *his emotional pain* at not viewing the birth comparable to hers...which I have described and most continue to dismiss as unimportant.

    If her feelings are unimportant, why arent his?
    his feelings are based on his love for the child. her feelings are based on her anger at him and her concern for herself......
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #388
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    yeah, how about when they get into a custody fight sometime in the future and she throws it in his face "you weren't even there when he/she was born"?
    He can be right outside, like fathers have been for generations. I've never heard them criticized for that. He can view the baby immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #389
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    So his ammunition for a custody fight is what? How is a video of the childbirth some sort of "incriminating evidence"?

    Out of curiosity, do you actually say these things aloud as you type them? That was laughable.
    would be interesting to follow this couple for the next 18 years to see just who the real asshole is.....
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #390
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    He can be right outside, like fathers have been for generations. I've never heard them criticized for that. He can view the baby immediately.
    oh please, I've seen plenty of "feminists" criticize men for sitting in the waiting room drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes instead of being in the delivery room.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 39 of 66 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •