View Poll Results: So do you think the father has a legal right to see his baby born or be in the room?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he has a legal right and my opinion agrees with that.

    15 22.39%
  • Yes, he has a legal right and in my opinion he shouldnt.

    1 1.49%
  • No, he has no legal right and my opinion agrees with that.

    38 56.72%
  • No, he has no legal right and in my opinion he should.

    3 4.48%
  • Other

    7 10.45%
  • I Love Chicken Parm

    9 13.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 32 of 66 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 660

Thread: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room?

  1. #311
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    As the law stands now that is correct. He has no right in the delivery room. Not even a married spouse. But if the right case came before a judge worded just right, that could change.

    Agree we do not know their circumstances. But I never claimed it was her fault. However, I find the privacy right a pretty weak argument. What I have stated is if she thinks having him in the delivery room is stressful then how is she going to handle visitation of the child for the years to come? Don't mistake being an advocate for father's rights as automatically assuming the woman is guilty.

    Maybe her interests were for the baby's welfare and then again maybe they were vindictive.
    What "right" would you base that on for the father that would supersede the woman's wishes which concern her life, her health, her privacy, and the life and health of the baby?

    Re: privacy....having someone you dont like and *do not trust* seeing you all bloody, ripped open, sweating, screaming, ****ting yourself is just slightly different than meeting with and discussing your child's needs with your ex for visitation. Just slightly. A ridiculous comparison to the point of dishonesty.

    Like I said before....how many women use the bathroom in front of their partners? Some? I guess. Not all...some of us find that's a big invasion of privacy.

    And once again you bring up YOUR judgement while admitting you have no idea what her state of mind is. You CHOOSE to place vindictiveness ahead of her concern for the baby's welfare. Really? That's the more likely? Wow. ANd if she DOES feel that vindictive, it's ridiculous to think that he didnt give her good reason to feel that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #312
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,259

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    A woman knows what going through childbirth is like. You, not so much. All you can do is imagine. Take it how you want. I don't really care. Judging by ALL of your posts on this topic, you are completely ignorant about childbirth and women.
    As I recall, he thinks it is like having your appendix out. (which is done under general anesthesia)

  3. #313
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,881

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You've just got to laugh at the ridiculousness in this statement. YOU are wrong. As a woman you should know and understand that delivering a child is a personal experience. Are you honestly saying that YOU would want someone you disliked there with you?
    One could say it took two to create the child, therefore it is no longer a personal experience. You truly struggle with the concept of gender equality.

  4. #314
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I'll have to be sure to remember this post the next time I am debating a military issue with someone who has never served.
    What "military" issue would that be? That men cannot control themselves because they have to work with women in the military?

  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    One could say it took two to create the child, therefore it is no longer a personal experience. You truly struggle with the concept of gender equality.
    This has NOTHING to do with the right to medical privacy. She is NOT keeping the child from him.

    Good God! It does not mean that at all. He would be there to observe. There is absolutely no NEED for him to be there, and he would be more of a bother if she wishes for him to NOT be there. She has no choice but to be there.

  6. #316
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    What "right" would you base that on for the father that would supersede the woman's wishes which concern her life, her health, her privacy, and the life and health of the baby?

    Re: privacy....having someone you dont like and *do not trust* seeing you all bloody, ripped open, sweating, screaming, ****ting yourself is just slightly different than meeting with and discussing your child's needs with your ex for visitation. Just slightly. A ridiculous comparison to the point of dishonesty.

    Like I said before....how many women use the bathroom in front of their partners? Some? I guess. Not all...some of us find that's a big invasion of privacy.

    And once again you bring up YOUR judgement while admitting you have no idea what her state of mind is. You CHOOSE to place vindictiveness ahead of her concern for the baby's welfare. Really? That's the more likely? Wow. ANd if she DOES feel that vindictive, it's ridiculous to think that he didnt give her good reason to feel that way.
    They're all victims of the "evil" women.

  7. #317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    A woman knows what going through childbirth is like. You, not so much. All you can do is imagine. Take it how you want. I don't really care. Judging by ALL of your posts on this topic, you are completely ignorant about childbirth and women.
    I have a degree in Economics and I have to go to the Economics forum and watch some really dim bulbs post what they think is economics. If we're going to take inventory about everything we discuss, then I guess I won't find you on a whole lot of fora.

  8. #318
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    One could say it took two to create the child, therefore it is no longer a personal experience. You truly struggle with the concept of gender equality.
    It's not remotely possible to make it equal. His life isnt in danger. He's not screaming in pain. He's not doing the absolute best job he can to obey the doctors' instructions and deliver a healthy baby.

    If we could add those things to his 'shared experience' in the delivery room, sure, then I might change my view.

    Oh wait, he can share one of those things: He can obey the doctors' instructions and leave so they and the mother can do their best to deliver a healthy baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    No one calls me, say, a paedophile all the time, or a racist, or a mugger or a gangster, because if I was somebody probably would have mentioned it by now. Enough people call me another thing frequently enough to make me think it's not just coincidence. So if "everybody" is calling you a woman hater, it might be time to look inwards.
    Not everyone does, but its not at all rare for me to be called a woman hater because I challenge a woman on something she said or did. Women can be awful human beings just like men and if they want to be seen as equals then they have to expect I will call them out on it. I also get called a woman hater when I have a problem with something feminist are doing which I see as harmful in one way or another. My intent is never to hate on women, but to show my disapproval for whatever thing feminist are doing that I have a problem with. Honestly, I don't care anymore. I will say what I believe, and I will speak against hateful people and things I feel are harmful, and I don't care if those people I'm speaking against are men or women.

  10. #320
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Not everyone does, but its not at all rare for me to be called a woman hater because I challenge a woman on something she said or did. Women can be awful human beings just like men and if they want to be seen as equals than they have to expect I will call them out on it. I also get called a woman hater when I have a problem with something feminist are doing which I see as harmful in one way or another. My intent is never to hate on women, but to show my disapproval for whatever thing feminist are doing that I have a problem with. Honestly, I don't care anymore. I will say what I believe, and I will speak against hateful people and things I feel are harmful, and I don't care if those people I'm speaking against are men or women.
    When you call women you do not know "cum dumpster" because she made a decision, and you have no idea why she came to that decision but proceed to call her derogatory names anyways, it's a pretty safe bet that is a display of hatred towards women in general IMO. Some people want to automatically take away HER rights to medical privacy because of some personal feelings they have and conclusions they have jumped to because of THEIR own personal experiences without knowing any details.

    AND the bottom line is she doesn't want him there. WHY is irrelevant when it comes to the health of her and the baby.

Page 32 of 66 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •