View Poll Results: So do you think the father has a legal right to see his baby born or be in the room?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he has a legal right and my opinion agrees with that.

    15 22.39%
  • Yes, he has a legal right and in my opinion he shouldnt.

    1 1.49%
  • No, he has no legal right and my opinion agrees with that.

    38 56.72%
  • No, he has no legal right and in my opinion he should.

    3 4.48%
  • Other

    7 10.45%
  • I Love Chicken Parm

    9 13.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 660

Thread: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room?

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    The mother determining who can be in the room is the result of a number of privacy laws. As a libertarian, don't you approve of systems that protect your privacy?
    His right to his child trumps her "right" to privacy.

  2. #132
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,033

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Absolutely true, and I hope that kid knows what a great father they're going to have.

    Wish I could say the same for the mom.
    The mom would absolutely be better for the child. She is, after all, college educated with a Masters, magna cum laude and has a six figure paying job, while the father has gambling debts and drug addiction. Sorry, it's no contest.

  3. #133
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,033

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    His right to his child trumps her "right" to privacy.
    Her right to comfort during a painful and stressful medical procedure trumps his right to see his baby pop out.

    Oh, and he'll have his child, but you knew that already.

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    The mom would absolutely be better for the child. She is, after all, college educated with a Masters, magna cum laude and has a six figure paying job, while the father has gambling debts and drug addiction. Sorry, it's no contest.
    If those descriptions were reversed, would it matter?

  5. #135
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,033

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    If those descriptions were reversed, would it matter?
    Uh....yeah?

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Uh....yeah?
    So if he was a model human being and she was walking trash, he would have more rights?

    Historically, in court, you'd be dead wrong. Just so ya know.

  7. #137
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,033

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    So if he was a model human being and she was walking trash, he would have more rights?

    Historically, in court, you'd be dead wrong. Just so ya know.
    Well, we are talking about after the birth here (at least I am). And I would say that if he was a model human being and she was broken in just about every important way, then that should absolutely be taken into account during a child custody hearing.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Well, we are talking about after the birth here (at least I am). And I would say that if he was a model human being and she was broken in just about every important way, then that should absolutely be taken into account during a child custody hearing.
    You're right. It should.

  9. #139
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,033

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    You're right. It should.
    How do you even know what the stats are on that? I don't even know what kind of google search I'd have to do to find the number of unqualified mothers being given custody of the child.

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do you think fathers have a legal right to see thier child born or be in the room

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    How do you even know what the stats are on that? I don't even know what kind of google search I'd have to do to find the number of unqualified mothers being given custody of the child.
    It's hard to quantify exactly because it's so subjective, but it's widely known and believed that men get screwed in situations involving kids.

    This is why organizations like A.D.A.M. exist (American Divorce Association for Men).

Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •