View Poll Results: Has Obama created a bigger gap between the right and left.

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes he has.

    22 40.00%
  • No it's the same no matter who the president is

    33 60.00%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 97

Thread: Is Obama the most polarisng President in your liftime?

  1. #71
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Obama the most polarisng President in your liftime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    "Those who seek absolute power, even though they seek it to do what they regard as good, are simply demanding the right to enforce their own version of heaven on earth."

    My main man B-Gold said those words. He was right.

    Heaven help us from well intentioned people. They don't when their rights end and ours begin.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Is Obama the most polarisng President in your liftime?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Heaven help us from well intentioned people. They don't when their rights end and ours begin.
    Well, you know what the road to hell is paved with.

    It's why I prefer results to intentions.

  3. #73
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,120
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Obama the most polarisng President in your liftime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Nice try. It's all rabid fringers. For Bush, it was the "Bush lied, kids died!" liberal loons that caused the polarization, not to mention the dumbest idiots of America laying blame at Bush's doorstep for everything from the subprime crash to "too big to fail" and everything in-between.

    If you're going to castigate one side of the aisle, make sure you give equal time to the other.
    Bush was also a bad president, but he's considered bad for the actual things he did and had control over.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Is Obama the most polarisng President in your liftime?

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Bush was also a bad president, but he's considered bad for the actual things he did and had control over.
    Also? Well, at least you're considering Obama a bad president. You were sounding like a rank-and-file ultra-lib for a while.

  5. #75
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,120
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Obama the most polarisng President in your liftime?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    I think in today's politics, people have to hate an opponent to get excited about their own parties candidate. They're just not a lot of good picks running.
    I was very excited for Gary Johnson's presidential run. I hated neither Romney or Obama. Ok I think I hated Romney but that's because he wasn't even trying to hide the fact that he was a habitual liar but that might have been the frustration that he beat out Gary Johnson for the Republican nod.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  6. #76
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,434

    Re: Is Obama the most polarisng President in your liftime?

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    I was very excited for Gary Johnson's presidential run. I hated neither Romney or Obama. Ok I think I hated Romney but that's because he wasn't even trying to hide the fact that he was a habitual liar but that might have been the frustration that he beat out Gary Johnson for the Republican nod.
    Do you feel vindicated know that we know Obama is better at it?
    Last edited by radcen; 03-18-14 at 08:59 PM.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #77
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Is Obama the most polarisng President in your liftime?

    This House since Feb. of 2011 is the most polarizing do-nothing House and they brag about it.
    This GOP Senate since Feb. of 2011 has set all-time records for filibustering .
    Physics is Phun

  8. #78
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Is Obama the most polarisng President in your liftime?

    The OP needed to say, "NO, it's the GOP Congress that has caused a greater split between left and right, especially since Feb. 2011 .
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    Question is mainly directed to the American posters, Obama brings out some strong emotions from both sides of the US political spectrum. So the question is pretty simple do you think Obama has created a bigger gap between the American left and right or is it still business as usual?
    Physics is Phun

  9. #79
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: Is Obama the most polarisng President in your liftime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    It's a worthwhile argument between him and Bush. I think the only reason he's above Bush is because of the unearned Nobel Prize he got while the ballot ink was still wet. That really set the ball rolling in many ways.
    Which is one thing that is completely, 100% not his fault.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #80
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Obama the most polarisng President in your liftime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    Question is mainly directed to the American posters, Obama brings out some strong emotions from both sides of the US political spectrum.
    So the question is pretty simple do you think Obama has created a bigger gap between the American left and right or is it still business as usual?



    #1 The poll doesn't have enough choices.

    #2 G.W. Bush did a fine job opening up the gap between the left and the right.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •