View Poll Results: Marijuana: Legalize or Ban?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Legalize

    40 90.91%
  • Ban

    4 9.09%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 63

Thread: Marijuana: Legalize or Ban?

  1. #41
    Advisor Amanda1858's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    592

    Re: Marijuana: Legalize or Ban?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Marinol has massive side effects that natural cannabis does not. Even if we discount that, why should something in a natural form be illegal while the allegedly same chemicals produced in a lab by a company should be legal? Do you not see that the only reason for that is to protect corporate interests?

    Secondly, so you're saying that someone who's taking a prescription to alleviate pain is perfectly fine, but someone who is taking the same exact thing with no pain should be locked in a cage? If I take prescription Prilosec for heartburn after a spicy meal, that's ok, but if I take it when I don't have heartburn I should be in jail? How can you justify a qualifier like that?

    And lastly, don't act for a ****ing second like you haven't been vocally opposed to medical marijuana on here before.
    Marionol doesn't have side effects. I've seen people who use it. They were just fine.
    "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice"---Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  2. #42
    Advisor Amanda1858's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    592

    Re: Marijuana: Legalize or Ban?

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    Why, because you think more people would start using heroin if it were made legal tomorrow? Would you go out and start using heroin if it were legalized tomorrow? So what makes you think so many other people will?

    If it's cheaper, that means addicts are less inclined to steal your lawn furniture to get their next fix.

    If it's legal, that means addicts aren't risking overdoses or injecting rat poison into themselves. Remember all those overdoses a few months back, due to extra-potent heroin being on the market? That wouldn't happen in a legal and regulated industry where the potency is controlled and displayed for the buyer's information. Not to mention the fact that addicts are 100x more inclined to come in for help when they know they won't be arrested for their drug use.

    Then there's the fact that drugs like crack, synthetic marijuana, and bath salts would not exist if not for the War on Drugs. People keep trying to find new and cheap substances that aren't specifically controlled for in the laws, and these new substances end up being much worse than the original. The War on Drugs causes more problems than it solves (which it doesn't really solve any in the first place).

    The legalization and regulation of all drugs would make drug abuse safer for both addicts and the rest of society.
    And you think herion is better than "rat poison"? I don't. Both will kill you.
    "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice"---Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  3. #43
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,539

    Re: Marijuana: Legalize or Ban?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    What "side effects"?
    I don't have time to lookup a link, but one of the documented side effects of Marinol that smoked MJ doesn't have is skin rashes.

    Then there's the fact that Marinol pills are prescribed to patients who suffer from nausea and have a hard time keeping anything down, much less the very pills intended to help the nausea. Marinol pills are counter-intuitive for chemo patients.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Lovebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,865

    Re: Marijuana: Legalize or Ban?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda1858 View Post
    Neither. But everyone is not like me.
    But that's exactly my point. Booze and cigs are legal, and yet you don't smoke or drink.

  5. #45
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,562

    Re: Marijuana: Legalize or Ban?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda1858 View Post
    Marionol doesn't have side effects. I've seen people who use it. They were just fine.
    Are you ignoring the things I actually did write to you?

    Why isn't my life ruined like you said it would be? Where are your statistics showing it's a gateway drug? Why isn't there a needle sticking out of my arm?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  6. #46
    Advisor Amanda1858's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    592

    Re: Marijuana: Legalize or Ban?

    I'm sorry to be a contrarian here folks. It's just that I come from a family of substance abusers and I know first hand what it does to people. If it had been legal for my family members I'm sure they would have just died that much sooner. I will never vote to legalize marijuana or any other drug. I will now go away and leave you nice folks alone. Have a nice day.
    "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice"---Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  7. #47
    Advisor Amanda1858's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    592

    Re: Marijuana: Legalize or Ban?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Are you ignoring the things I actually did write to you?

    Why isn't my life ruined like you said it would be? Where are your statistics showing it's a gateway drug? Why isn't there a needle sticking out of my arm?
    How do I know your life isn't ruined? Bye.
    "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice"---Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  8. #48
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,562

    Re: Marijuana: Legalize or Ban?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda1858 View Post
    How do I know your life isn't ruined? Bye.
    If that's your argument and evidence, then you don't seem to have either. Good bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  9. #49
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marijuana: Legalize or Ban?

    I'd like to see it put into the same category as alcohol.

  10. #50
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Marijuana: Legalize or Ban?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    It's anecdotal evidence, so it won't hold up in court. I've just heard nothing but bad things and bad effects from smokers who have tried to switch.

    Let's say for a second there is no negative side effects. Why is it legal in pill form but not plant form? Why is the former a medicine while the latter is enough to get your ass locked in prison and have your life ruined? The ONLY reason is because the pharmaceutical industry lobbies our government to keep weed illegal. They need something they can patent. There is no other rational explanation for it. Marinol also doesn't have cannabinoids, so it won't work for people with seizures or for many other ailments. That means children with Davet's syndrome (who seizure hundreds of times a week) that live in a non-medical marijuana state, have no legal treatment for their condition.

    Human beings have been smoking marijuana for 10,000 years, and there has yet to be a documented case of someone dying from it.

    I would kindly suggest in the future you are offering hearsay evidence, which can and does bear some weight if thee are specifics.

    As a medical marijuana user, and done a lot of study, I know of no documented serious side effects other than high blood sugar for diabetics using the eaten form in candies and cakes, weight gain [as much loss as sativa suppresses hunger], sometimes a small rash when used as a topical in the treatment of eczema and skin cancer, warts and joint pain, and in cases with high tobacco use COPD. What IS being documented is where it is effective in the treatment of so many ailments both mental and physical, so much so there is a call here for cannabis patches like nicotine patches, the dispensary industry itself inventing alternative delivery systems. But then we have police, one a Royal Canadian Mounted Police constable who are being treated, the later having now been "asked" to not smoke in the official red serge uniform.

    People have indeed been smoking cannabis for a long time...is there a documented case of anyone getting into a knife fight while stoned? Is there a documented case of anyone ever saying "I am ****ing ok to drive, give me my ****ing keys"?
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •