View Poll Results: Is Palin right, should Obama use the threat of nukes to stop Putin?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Palin was right, threaten and use nuclear weapons to Putin in Crimea crisis

    2 3.03%
  • No, Palin is wrong, threatening with nukes is insane

    37 56.06%
  • Yes, sadly Palin is not VP/President or Putin would now be a glowstick/dead

    1 1.52%
  • No, thank goodness Palin did not become VP/President or we would all be glowsticks/dead

    21 31.82%
  • Sarah who?

    5 7.58%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 138

Thread: Drop a nuclear bomb on Russia to stop the Crimea from becoming part of Russia?

  1. #61
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,258

    Re: Drop a nuclear bomb on Russia to stop the Crimea from becoming part of Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    In my 9 years as a member of DP this has to be one of the dumbest polls I have ever seen.
    LOL...

    I haven't been here that long, but yes. It is...

  2. #62
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Drop a nuclear bomb on Russia to stop the Crimea from becoming part of Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    LOL...

    I haven't been here that long, but yes. It is...
    Trust me and I have seen some bad ones.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #63
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,918

    Re: Drop a nuclear bomb on Russia to stop the Crimea from becoming part of Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Yes, that is why she berated on Obama being weak towards Putin to then state that to stop a bad guy you need a good guy with a nuclear weapon. You might not think those comments are linked by I disagree (as does that Dutch newspaper among others).
    She is an idiot but I don't think that is what she meant. I could very easily be wrong because she says so many convoluted and stupid things. Hell, I have no idea why I would defend her but to me it sounds like she is saying it as a deterrent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,258

    Re: Drop a nuclear bomb on Russia to stop the Crimea from becoming part of Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    She is an idiot but I don't think that is what she meant. I could very easily be wrong because she says so many convoluted and stupid things. Hell, I have no idea why I would defend her but to me it sounds like she is saying it as a deterrent.
    That is what she is doing. She is speaking of not weakening our forces, and speaks of it after gun control. Watch the video, or clip I linked. posts 9, or post 28 for just the short clip.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,027

    Re: Drop a nuclear bomb on Russia to stop the Crimea from becoming part of Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    She is an idiot but I don't think that is what she meant. I could very easily be wrong because she says so many convoluted and stupid things. Hell, I have no idea why I would defend her but to me it sounds like she is saying it as a deterrent.
    But that statement from the NRA and the comments about Russia cannot be seen independent of another. Talking about liberal gun control views ought to have nothing to do with nuclear weapons. There are currently 2 bad countries with confirmed nuclear weapons, Russia and China. Seeing that she talked about Russia, the Russian empire etc. IMHO this nuclear weapon comment cannot be seen separately from her remarks about Obama not challenging Putin.

    The NRA was not talking about deterring criminals with a gun by the chance that they will encounter a good man with a gun and then stopping their "criminal activities".

    All of these remarks cannot be seen separate from one and another. That at least is my opinion and others from what I have read see it the same way. Now this too will be very contentious because some will view this through political pre-conceptions, that I too have, I dislike Palin a lot, or better said the way she voices her vitriolic opinions.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  6. #66
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,027

    Re: Drop a nuclear bomb on Russia to stop the Crimea from becoming part of Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by loader View Post
    You just talentless provocateur.
    Yes, wow, I must be the first person ever to post such a thread with a controversial comment/premise at the basis of it.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  7. #67
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,918

    Re: Drop a nuclear bomb on Russia to stop the Crimea from becoming part of Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    But that statement from the NRA and the comments about Russia cannot be seen independent of another. Talking about liberal gun control views ought to have nothing to do with nuclear weapons. There are currently 2 bad countries with confirmed nuclear weapons, Russia and China. Seeing that she talked about Russia, the Russian empire etc. IMHO this nuclear weapon comment cannot be seen separately from her remarks about Obama not challenging Putin.

    The NRA was not talking about deterring criminals with a gun by the chance that they will encounter a good man with a gun and then stopping their "criminal activities".

    All of these remarks cannot be seen separate from one and another. That at least is my opinion and others from what I have read see it the same way. Now this too will be very contentious because some will view this through political pre-conceptions, that I too have, I dislike Palin a lot, or better said the way she voices her vitriolic opinions.
    Fair enough. I admit I am not aware of the whole story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Drop a nuclear bomb on Russia to stop the Crimea from becoming part of Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    The premise in the OP is at fault. Sarah never implied such a thing, but that how the media portrayed it, and how lemmings believe BS. that's why I posted the link to Sarah speaking as CPAC. Have a look yourself. Post number 9. Start the video at 22 minutes.
    This liberal will back you up on that. It was stunningly dishonest to claim that Palin was advocating the use of nukes. That kind of dishonesty is the sort if thing that destroys real dialogue and problem solving.
    You can never be safe from a government that can keep you completely safe from each other and the world. You must choose.

  9. #69
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Drop a nuclear bomb on Russia to stop the Crimea from becoming part of Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    This liberal will back you up on that. It was stunningly dishonest to claim that Palin was advocating the use of nukes. That kind of dishonesty is the sort if thing that destroys real dialogue and problem solving.
    These kind of attacks are also why she remains so popular among conservatives (and how she has made millions of dollars.) If Democrats or liberals really want to silence and disempower her, ignore her. How many times now have Democrats in the extreme desire to destroy her have given her the status of the unfairly derided conservative Republican female?
    Her status is built upon it.

  10. #70
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Drop a nuclear bomb on Russia to stop the Crimea from becoming part of Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    I keep thinking there must be some reason Palin isn't unemployed, but for the life of me, I can't quite figure out why anyone would want to keep her around.
    Because Democrats apparently want her center stage.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •