View Poll Results: Is Palin right, should Obama use the threat of nukes to stop Putin?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Palin was right, threaten and use nuclear weapons to Putin in Crimea crisis

    2 3.03%
  • No, Palin is wrong, threatening with nukes is insane

    37 56.06%
  • Yes, sadly Palin is not VP/President or Putin would now be a glowstick/dead

    1 1.52%
  • No, thank goodness Palin did not become VP/President or we would all be glowsticks/dead

    21 31.82%
  • Sarah who?

    5 7.58%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 138 of 138

Thread: Drop a nuclear bomb on Russia to stop the Crimea from becoming part of Russia?

  1. #131
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,248

    Re: Drop a nuclear bomb on Russia to stop the Crimea from becoming part of Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    But that is not the situation we are discussing when it comes to Russia. We both have nukes, and we both have way more than enough to basically wipe out the human race on the planet (or at least take it to hunter-gatherer society levels), and everyone knows this. There is no need to have that many nukes on either side. It only takes a few to be able to counter the other side, no matter how many they have. You don't need to match their levels.
    It's obvious you didn't watch the video...

  2. #132
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Drop a nuclear bomb on Russia to stop the Crimea from becoming part of Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    It's obvious you didn't watch the video...
    I have read the thread. There is no need for the comments that were made, no matter what she actually meant because there is no way that we are going to reduce our nuclear arms to such a level that we would not still be a threat to Russia, so why bring it up?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #133
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,248

    Re: Drop a nuclear bomb on Russia to stop the Crimea from becoming part of Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I have read the thread. There is no need for the comments that were made, no matter what she actually meant because there is no way that we are going to reduce our nuclear arms to such a level that we would not still be a threat to Russia, so why bring it up?
    So...

    Since you didn't watch the video and her words in context...


    You have a valid opinion... Based on other peoples biased opinion...

    OK...

    I will keep that in mind for future debates with you!

  4. #134
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Drop a nuclear bomb on Russia to stop the Crimea from becoming part of Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    So...

    Since you didn't watch the video and her words in context...


    You have a valid opinion... Based on other peoples biased opinion...

    OK...

    I will keep that in mind for future debates with you!
    There is no context that could be made to warrant what she said to be taken seriously. At all.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #135
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,248

    Re: Drop a nuclear bomb on Russia to stop the Crimea from becoming part of Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    There is no context that could be made to warrant what she said to be taken seriously. At all.
    LOL...

    OK, if you say so...

    You really should watch the relevant part of the video...

  6. #136
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Drop a nuclear bomb on Russia to stop the Crimea from becoming part of Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    LOL...

    OK, if you say so...

    You really should watch the relevant part of the video...
    Knew there was no point in wasting my time because she said exactly what I thought and that was put out here and I stand by what I have posted. It was dumb. Continuing to build up nuclear arms in no way helps the situation because we already have more than enough to fight back and pretty much eradicate any country with the amount we have more than a few times over so scaling back on nuclear arms will in no way make our threat level rationally lower. If we fired off even half of the nuclear weapons we have today at any country, the world is pretty much screwed. Anyone who doesn't recognize that fact is an idiot.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,248

    Re: Drop a nuclear bomb on Russia to stop the Crimea from becoming part of Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Knew there was no point in wasting my time because she said exactly what I thought and that was put out here and I stand by what I have posted. It was dumb. Continuing to build up nuclear arms in no way helps the situation because we already have more than enough to fight back and pretty much eradicate any country with the amount we have more than a few times over so scaling back on nuclear arms will in no way make our threat level rationally lower. If we fired off even half of the nuclear weapons we have today at any country, the world is pretty much screwed. Anyone who doesn't recognize that fact is an idiot.
    You are reading in your own bias.

  8. #138
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Drop a nuclear bomb on Russia to stop the Crimea from becoming part of Russia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    You are reading in your own bias.
    How? Is there some problem with reducing our number of nuclear weapons to a level where we could still basically wipe out most human life on the planet, but only once or twice? I understand the point of having nuclear weapons now. I don't agree with them, but I do get it. But there is logically no need to match another country one-for-one on nuclear weapons. The point is to be able to counter the threat or at least retaliate if they make a first strike. We can do that now and even if we reduced our nuclear armaments, multiple times over. And we do it in such a strategic way that there is no doubt that we will make a devastating blow to anyone who strikes us first. So what is the point?

    You tell me what you believe it is?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •