View Poll Results: What Happened?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hijacked and landed, demands forthcoming.

    7 14.58%
  • Blown up in midair.

    14 29.17%
  • Critical structural failure leading to a crash.

    14 29.17%
  • Alien abduction...a new bremuda triangle.

    8 16.67%
  • Bad seafood served...pilots incapacitated.

    4 8.33%
  • You're nuts....this is what actually happened.

    1 2.08%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 109

Thread: Where is the plane?

  1. #11
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Where is the plane?

    Could be in a hanger somewhere being "repurposed".

  2. #12
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Where is the plane?

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    I read somewhere how small a hole an F18 makes if it nosedives into the ground. And almost all the debris follows it in.
    The flight that (supposedly) landed in that Pennsylvania field didn't leave too much.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  3. #13
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Where is the plane?

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Could it be sitting in a small airport somewhere? Surely if intact some cell phone would give away their position. I bet it is in a deep hole.
    CIA probably has a satellite over it by now.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,383

    Re: Where is the plane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    I would think that in a nose dive from 35K they'd have had time to contact someone somewhere. The thing that makes it seems as though normal problems are not the situation is just that, normal problems would have had some radio contact, since they were 35K up, it's not like a crash from that height could be instantaneous or unlikely to be known about. The two (or now they're saying maybe more) bogus passports would lead one to think bombing, but no one claimed it and those that do things like that usually want credit. LOST anyone? Maybe they flew into some sort of a worm hole???? I have to admit, at this time the curiosity is high.
    The lack of a debris field sort of rules out a bomb unless the plane is in the jungle but there are people all over that jungle who would have seen something. It is a very curious situation for sure. There is no way that plane landed at some small airport either, the thing is HUGE.

  5. #15
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Where is the plane?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The lack of a debris field sort of rules out a bomb unless the plane is in the jungle but there are people all over that jungle who would have seen something. It is a very curious situation for sure. There is no way that plane landed at some small airport either, the thing is HUGE.
    Perhaps, I don't understand the radar in that area, did the plane beep beep beep then gone, or where they in not in radar territory or.... I fear I don't understand the basics at this point well enough to have a valid opinion except that a catastrophic event seems likely. However, again, if it wasn't like beep beep gone, then is it possible it was dropped to a low alt and hijacked, hence leaving no debris, but of course IF, and I'm totally in the dark, but if a plane of that size is virtually always on some form of tracking system, then I would think any descent would be recorded somewhere.....

    It's a mystery for sure. Bomb doesn't make sense, malfunction doesn't make sense, and hijack doesn't make sense. What else is there? Majick, hand of FSM,...?????
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  6. #16
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Where is the plane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Perhaps, I don't understand the radar in that area, did the plane beep beep beep then gone, or where they in not in radar territory or.... I fear I don't understand the basics at this point well enough to have a valid opinion except that a catastrophic event seems likely. However, again, if it wasn't like beep beep gone, then is it possible it was dropped to a low alt and hijacked, hence leaving no debris, but of course IF, and I'm totally in the dark, but if a plane of that size is virtually always on some form of tracking system, then I would think any descent would be recorded somewhere.....

    It's a mystery for sure. Bomb doesn't make sense, malfunction doesn't make sense, and hijack doesn't make sense. What else is there? Majick, hand of FSM,...?????
    The entire route is under Radar ...redundantly so, and by multiple countries. Thus far everything seems to indicate a course change followed by the disappearance.

  7. #17
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Where is the plane?

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    The entire route is under Radar ...redundantly so, and by multiple countries. Thus far everything seems to indicate a course change followed by the disappearance.
    So a hijack is still a possibility w/ no debris then? Radar only shows position not altitude right? Granted, they'd have had to land or crash by now, but I guess my point is that then it could have crashed anywhere, not just near the last known position?????
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  8. #18
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Where is the plane?

    I don't get why someone would want to take a passenger plane full of - well - hundreds of passengers. But then say nothing and do nothing.

    It's illogical that it would have been hijacked and safely landed - all hush hush.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  9. #19
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Where is the plane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I don't get why someone would want to take a passenger plane full of - well - hundreds of passengers. But then say nothing and do nothing.

    It's illogical that it would have been hijacked and safely landed - all hush hush.
    I agree but I was thinking hijacked and then crashed after they were under the radar but perhaps some distance between dropping off radar and actually crashing. It's a stab in the dark. I've got no valid ideas being mostly ignorant about these things except what I see on tv, movies, etc.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  10. #20
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Where is the plane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    I agree but I was thinking hijacked and then crashed after they were under the radar but perhaps some distance between dropping off radar and actually crashing. It's a stab in the dark. I've got no valid ideas being mostly ignorant about these things except what I see on tv, movies, etc.
    Yeah - if they were hijacked it's clear it didn't go as intended. Thus, we have no clue where they are.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •