View Poll Results: Who wins your vote

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rand Paul

    28 45.90%
  • Hillary Clinton

    22 36.07%
  • Wasted third party vote?

    11 18.03%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 102

Thread: Hillary or Paul

  1. #81
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,919

    Re: Hillary or Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    And what left-wing lies am I peddling? Go ahead, show me what you got.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #82
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,842

    Re: Hillary or Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    "What difference at this point does it make..."
    Are you referring to Iraq and/or Afghanistan ?
    Physics is Phun

  3. #83
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Hillary or Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    And what left-wing lies am I peddling? Go ahead, show me what you got.
    That's a nice strawman - I think YOU were the one claiming I'm peddling lies. I'm stating your hypocrisy as claiming to defend the "right wing lies" but not pointing out "left wing lies" which there are many on DP. My other claim was your posts have been claiming some sort of moderate stance, when in reality, you outed yourself as nothing more than another poster with far left wing claims, disparaging with zero fact or logical argument, over an hour of video which you claimed was "crafted". Why? Because Cashill contributes to the hated WND, of which I wasn't aware. You're slanderous posts based on nothing but association, was enough. The argument Cashill makes is valid - that upset you. Now you post wanting to pick a fight what... so I get an infraction?

    Such tactics won't work on me. So please... please... go ahead an ignore me. Yet you keep coming back for more. That says volumes. Anyway, have a nice night.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #84
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,919

    Re: Hillary or Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    That's a nice strawman - I think YOU were the one claiming I'm peddling lies. I'm stating your hypocrisy as claiming to defend the "right wing lies" but not pointing out "left wing lies" which there are many on DP. My other claim was your posts have been claiming some sort of moderate stance, when in reality, you outed yourself as nothing more than another poster with far left wing claims, disparaging with zero fact or logical argument, over an hour of video which you claimed was "crafted". Why? Because Cashill contributes to the hated WND, of which I wasn't aware. You're slanderous posts based on nothing but association, was enough. The argument Cashill makes is valid - that upset you. Now you post wanting to pick a fight what... so I get an infraction?

    Such tactics won't work on me. So please... please... go ahead an ignore me. Yet you keep coming back for more. That says volumes. Anyway, have a nice night.
    The argument that Cashill makes is NOT valid. THAT'S MY POINT.

    So now I'm under obligation to root out and call out any and all "left wing lies," or I'm a loony. Of course, the fact that I HAVE called out lies from the left is ignored.

    And now we're done.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Hillary or Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Since you seem anti-NSA excesses in your posts, R. Paul is your man.
    He would be the leader of the Amash 4th amendment coalition, which includes DEM socialists/liberals like Sen. Sanders .
    The NSA should probably just be Waco-ed. But I'd need a bit more than one issue if I were to vote for a Republocrat.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #86
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,842

    Re: Hillary or Paul

    There are clearly several issues where new coalitions have formed between the two parties.
    We just saw a weaker form of female protection from rape pass 97-0.
    Sen. Paul supported Sen. Gillibrand's version which would have taken jurisdiction from the Generals.

    As Sen. Cruz tries to pick up the Reagan mantle, the rest of the GOP snickers as Paul smacked him around the last few days.
    Sen. Paul is more seasoned in regards to not mocking "presidents" Dole, McCain and Romney, with Cruz adding they didn't have principle.

    Coming out of CPAC with his ground forces winning 31-11 over Cruz, Paul is the clear GOP favorite.
    His VP choice would make the difference with me, as it would Hillary, though I'd prefer a DEM governor .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The NSA should probably just be Waco-ed. But I'd need a bit more than one issue if I were to vote for a Republocrat.
    Physics is Phun

  7. #87
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Hillary or Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    There are clearly several issues where new coalitions have formed between the two parties.
    We just saw a weaker form of female protection from rape pass 97-0.
    Sen. Paul supported Sen. Gillibrand's version which would have taken jurisdiction from the Generals.

    As Sen. Cruz tries to pick up the Reagan mantle, the rest of the GOP snickers as Paul smacked him around the last few days.
    Sen. Paul is more seasoned in regards to not mocking "presidents" Dole, McCain and Romney, with Cruz adding they didn't have principle.

    Coming out of CPAC with his ground forces winning 31-11 over Cruz, Paul is the clear GOP favorite.
    His VP choice would make the difference with me, as it would Hillary, though I'd prefer a DEM governor .
    We'll see. I'll need a complete platform and evidence that he's working towards it before I can vote for him. I don't discount voting for a Republocrat, but they're going to have to go above and beyond to capture my vote.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #88
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,842

    Re: Hillary or Paul

    I understand your frustration when you use the term Republocrat.
    I maintain the USA had entered a new regional/issue-oriented coalition of overlap between the two parties
    on several issues even before the 2012s.

    1. Amash amendment I mentioned once before.
    2. Isolationist creep in both parties versus neo-cons in both parties.
    3. Gun coalition with blue dogs that defeated by filibuster the Toomey/Manchin bill.
    4. Keystone XL tearing apart Dems into energy/enviros.
    5. Fast track has strong pro/con groups in each party.
    6. Immigration/Sen. Rubio's clan has made strange bedfellows.
    7. GOP Chairman Camp's Tax reform, which McConnell promptly shelved.
    8. The GOP certainly has a greater split with GLBT issues.

    These and oh so many more are why I believe we have a more malleable 2-party system than in 2011 .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    We'll see. I'll need a complete platform and evidence that he's working towards it before I can vote for him. I don't discount voting for a Republocrat, but they're going to have to go above and beyond to capture my vote.
    Physics is Phun

  9. #89
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Hillary or Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    I understand your frustration when you use the term Republocrat.
    I maintain the USA had entered a new regional/issue-oriented coalition of overlap between the two parties
    on several issues even before the 2012s.

    1. Amash amendment I mentioned once before.
    2. Isolationist creep in both parties versus neo-cons in both parties.
    3. Gun coalition with blue dogs that defeated by filibuster the Toomey/Manchin bill.
    4. Keystone XL tearing apart Dems into energy/enviros.
    5. Fast track has strong pro/con groups in each party.
    6. Immigration/Sen. Rubio's clan has made strange bedfellows.
    7. GOP Chairman Camp's Tax reform, which McConnell promptly shelved.
    8. The GOP certainly has a greater split with GLBT issues.

    These and oh so many more are why I believe we have a more malleable 2-party system than in 2011 .
    I think it's all just standard politics. Trying to make it seem like there is a difference, pointing the finger at the other guy in condemnation. But really, what do they actually do that's so different? Not much. Functionally, while they try to maintain these propaganda talking points to pretend there's a difference, they enact that same types of policies and laws and government growing crap against the People. I don't see a real difference and that's why I don't trust these little factions that claim X, but play party ball whenever it's required.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Hillary or Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Are you referring to Iraq and/or Afghanistan ?
    Neither.

    Before Hillary Clinton does it, I'm going to copywrite that phrase.

    What difference does it make if it's Iraq or Afghanistan Nimby ?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •