View Poll Results: Is Obama stupid?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, compared to most politicians he's stupid

    16 25.81%
  • No, he's a genius.

    13 20.97%
  • Yes, he's the Manchurian Candidate

    5 8.06%
  • Other

    28 45.16%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 101

Thread: Is the President stupid?

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Is the President stupid?

    I would say that none of the presidents are stupid, to be honest.
    No, President Obama is not stupid. He is a cunning and insidious enemy. He does everything in his power, for the destruction of our country and inserting it into a civil war.

  2. #52
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Is the President stupid?

    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    He could care less what you think. He's the President of the United States of America and you are John from Canada. Not exactly on the same plane. His gaffs do help to bring him down a little. It's just not far enough John.
    LOL - lose the argument and you immediately need to insult the person you're debating. Are you sure your lean shouldn't be liberal/Democrat?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  3. #53
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,287

    Re: Is the President stupid?

    I haven't seen anyone completely nail this yet.
    Danced around it ... identified some characteristics accurately ... made some accurate observations ... but it's all very simple if you just think about his background and goals.

    The entire motivation behind his Presidency and earlier is to bring irreversible social change to the USA. Everything flows from that. As a motivated & talented Leftist he's the best there is.

    He's not stupid ... he knows what he's doing ... he says things that aren't true but you can't make the mistake of thinking he believed what he said ... foreign policy holds no interest for him unless it can be used to help achieve the goal ... that doesn't make him stupid ... he'll use race, gender, ethnicity, anything that helps ... physical skills (exceptional) and mannerisms that appeal to various voting blocks.

    I know you've all seen it ... watch him sometimes ... he's got it down ... seriously.

    Is the President stupid?-obama-looks-dp-frame-1-jpg
    Is the President stupid?-obama-looks-dp-frame-2-jpg
    Is the President stupid?-obama-looks-dp-frame-3-jpg

  4. #54
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Is the President stupid?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Agreed.

    Another aspect that bothers me is that politicians aren't allowed to be human anymore. Perry forgetting one of his points... Obama misspelling "respect"... each man just had the misfortune to have a brain fart in a highly public event. That's all it was, a brain fart. We all have those from time to time. Yet "we" can't let them live it down.
    With 24/7 reporting, and with every irrelevant misstep being reported across Twitter and Facebook instantaneously, we've come to elect our leaders based on their ability to make as few gaffs as possible.

  5. #55
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Is the President stupid?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The media ridiculed Dan Quayle for misspelling potato and declared Rick Perry an idiot for forgetting what he meant for #3. Yet the President doesn't know how many states are in the United States, can't remember which is his religion and can't spell simple words.

    He can't spell "respect" - and it's literally spelled in the song!

    By standards required of other politicians, is President Obama stupid?

    Obama shows his R-E-S-P-E-C-T for "women of soul"

    Obama shows R-E-S-P-E-C-T for 'women of soul'
    I think the honest difference between a gaffe and sign of something lacking in intelligence is whether or not its was a slip of the tongue or did the politician honestly think what they said was true. Its impossible to know with 100% certainty but I think people can come up with accurate guesses on whether a politician truly believes something incorrect or had something on their minds and it was a slip of the tongue. Example: I don't think for a minute President Obama ever thought there were 57 states but I did think another politician thought Africa was a single country. One politician had developed a reputation of not knowing a lot about the world and wasn't particularly fond of reading while the other help a Juris Doctorate from Harvard and taught at the University of Chicago.

    As a BTW: in 2008 in context Obama was talking about his campaign efforts in the 2008 primaries. I do not know for sure if this was what he might have meant but there are 50 states. If I'm not mistaken one or two of which have two separate "contests" in selecting delegates. Then add the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, The US Virgin Islands, American Samoa and lastly Americans Abroad. I didn't ask him so I don't know but its plausible he was thinking of the different voter groups, mostly defined by state, he'd reached out to in the campaign, slipped up and called them each primary voter group states.


    PS. Somebody get me a stupid t-shirt. I can't spel werth krap m'eye-selph.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  6. #56
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Is the President stupid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    I think the honest difference between a gaffe and sign of something lacking in intelligence is whether or not its was a slip of the tongue or did the politician honestly think what they said was true. Its impossible to know with 100% certainty but I think people can come up with accurate guesses on whether a politician truly believes something incorrect or had something on their minds and it was a slip of the tongue. Example: I don't think for a minute President Obama ever thought there were 57 states but I did think another politician thought Africa was a single country. One politician had developed a reputation of not knowing a lot about the world and wasn't particularly fond of reading while the other help a Juris Doctorate from Harvard and taught at the University of Chicago.

    As a BTW: in 2008 in context Obama was talking about his campaign efforts in the 2008 primaries. I do not know for sure if this was what he might have meant but there are 50 states. If I'm not mistaken one or two of which have two separate "contests" in selecting delegates. Then add the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, The US Virgin Islands, American Samoa and lastly Americans Abroad. I didn't ask him so I don't know but its plausible he was thinking of the different voter groups, mostly defined by state, he'd reached out to in the campaign, slipped up and called them each primary voter group states.


    PS. Somebody get me a stupid t-shirt. I can't spel werth krap m'eye-selph.
    No no no no no. Obama said 57 states, so he believes to this day that there are 57 states.

  7. #57
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Is the President stupid?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Yep, that's just the way it is.
    ... "the media" extends to FOX News and every blogger in existence. That's an impossible argument to make.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  8. #58
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,875

    Re: Is the President stupid?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    LOL - lose the argument and you immediately need to insult the person you're debating. Are you sure your lean shouldn't be liberal/Democrat?
    It's not an insult to point out that the man that you are belittling is far above yours and my stature.

    I used to lean very liberal. Then I realized that there were way too many instances of over-governing that I could not abide by.
    I still tend to vote with the Democratic Party. I mean, what else is there these days?

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Is the President stupid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    No no no no no. Obama said 57 states, so he believes to this day that there are 57 states.
    No. He believed we have 58 states. He said "I was already at 57 states, and i have to go to Alaska..."

  10. #60
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Is the President stupid?

    Quote Originally Posted by loader View Post
    No. He believed we have 58 states. He said "I was already at 57 states, and i have to go to Alaska..."
    Ahh yes, thanks for the correction.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •