View Poll Results: Should Obama be impeached?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    26 25.24%
  • No

    77 74.76%
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 239

Thread: Should Obama be impeached?

  1. #11
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    only if made up scandals count...they don't.
    Look, I don't think the country needs the drama of an Impeachment, but it wouldn't be based on "made up scandals."

    There's more than enough actions taken by Obama to Impeach him. Just like there was enough to Impeach Bush, and for the exact same reasons. The Senate would never convict though as long as the Democrats are in power. There would be some Democrat votes to convict, but not enough to get a two thirds majority.

    Executive branch circumventing the Congress and the Constitution would be the reason, which is an Impeachable offense.

    But, since Bush wasn't Impeached, Obama will not either.

    Should Bush have been and should Obama be taken to task as well? Hell yes.

    Will it happen? Hell no.

    The Congress needs to take action, short of Impeachment, to prevent future Presidents from exceeding their Constitutional powers, and let the courts settle it.

    Rand Paul, who I'm not big fan of, has taken one step to do just that which I do support, by suing the Obama Administration for that very reason.

    But, since Reid and Obama are packing the DC Circuit with Democrat appointments, I seriously doubt that any legal challenge will succeed until we have a Republican President.

  2. #12
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    After all his bungling and violating the constitution should Obama be impeached? please put your partisan views aside right or left and try and answer the question honestly.
    Would you have asked for Lincoln to be impeached?
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  3. #13
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    The last thing global security needs right now is the US dicking about with impeachments.

  4. #14
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    It hasn't met the threshold yet. However, even though impeachment was meant for high crimes and misdemeanors, we must also recognize that every single serious impeachment proceedings against a sitting President of the United States were pursued for far less than idealistic reasons. It is a tool of partisan politics more than it is a tool for removing a criminal from office.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  5. #15
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,136

    Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    not this **** again.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    After all his bungling and violating the constitution should Obama be impeached? please put your partisan views aside right or left and try and answer the question honestly.
    I haven't voted yet. I'm thinking no but if he breaks the law or violates professional ethics, he should and will be impeached. There is no reason to make a big deal about it. What are the specific charges? Maybe I will vote yes. I haven't voted yet.

  7. #17
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    No I don't think they should Impeach him.....but I do think the Repubs should start the process.....just to scare the **** out of the Democrats and their loyal following. Let the media eat on that for days and let that sit on Obamas brain. Wondering will they, could they, be great to see him even more stressed out. The more he is rattled the more mistakes he makes.

    Might shut him up for a minute too.
    And...turn a do nothing congress into an impossible to even think about doing something congress.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Third that would leave president Biden.
    Clinton was impeached. He didn't step down. Republicans step down when they commit wrong doing. Democrats stay put until you force them out of office. If Obama is impeached. He will simply be the third president ever to be impeached. He won't be stepping down and it's not to protect us from Biden. He won't step down because he is too arrogant to give up his title.

  9. #19
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    It hasn't met the threshold yet. However, even though impeachment was meant for high crimes and misdemeanors, we must also recognize that every single serious impeachment proceedings against a sitting President of the United States were pursued for far less than idealistic reasons. It is a tool of partisan politics more than it is a tool for removing a criminal from office.
    Nixon should have faced full impeachment and trial.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Should Obama be impeached?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    Look, I don't think the country needs the drama of an Impeachment, but it wouldn't be based on "made up scandals."

    There's more than enough actions taken by Obama to Impeach him. Just like there was enough to Impeach Bush, and for the exact same reasons. The Senate would never convict though as long as the Democrats are in power. There would be some Democrat votes to convict, but not enough to get a two thirds majority.

    Executive branch circumventing the Congress and the Constitution would be the reason, which is an Impeachable offense.

    But, since Bush wasn't Impeached, Obama will not either.

    Should Bush have been and should Obama be taken to task as well? Hell yes.

    Will it happen? Hell no.

    The Congress needs to take action, short of Impeachment, to prevent future Presidents from exceeding their Constitutional powers, and let the courts settle it.

    Rand Paul, who I'm not big fan of, has taken one step to do just that which I do support, by suing the Obama Administration for that very reason.

    But, since Reid and Obama are packing the DC Circuit with Democrat appointments, I seriously doubt that any legal challenge will succeed until we have a Republican President.
    Heya Beuadreaux.....they still should start the process and it is as you say. They do have grounds to take it in. But will they.....nope. They would rather show the world that they would stick together over disfunction.....just to keep a hyped selfie in that All seeing eye and others perspective and including those Foreign Leaders.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •